• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Ithil

There is no evil beaver sitting at the sound dial turning the crowd mics up and down when your favourites are out. Leave that shit idea to reddit.

Alucard

Banned
XK3w2q8.gif

This is a wonderful gif. Thank you.

Alucard

Banned
Personally, I had a very good night of wrestling.

-Watched an entertaining pre-main event tag match from the New Japan Cup Final
-Watched a 5-star match between Kota Ibushi and Hirooki Goto in the New Japan Cup Final
-Saw Sting at the end of Raw
-Watching ROH TV and there's a fun match going on between Matt Sydal/ACH and Daniels/Kazarian

Raw64life

Still have yet to find a single instance of someone ever saying something good about Kevin Dunn.

Has his name ever been mentioned by anyone on TV? For all the pipebombs CM Punk dropped and Paul Heyman has been dropping lately and with getting his mic cut repeatedly, I've never heard anyone drop his name on TV ever.

ghostmind

Man, Goto's lariats and Ibushi's sells of them are really great in this match.

How come GAF's NJPW crew didn't sing the praises of this match? Very solid so far.

I'm still working my way through some of the matches.

Speaking of which, the interplay between Honma and Shibata is great. I hope they do this team-up again.

And what an ending!

imBask

Banned
I gave up early, tried to come back 3 times during the night... that show is unwatchable

I just read there were FOUR matches in that 3 hour show, FOUUUUUUUUUUUR

Fox318

Still have yet to find a single instance of someone ever saying something good about Kevin Dunn.

Has his name ever been mentioned by anyone on TV? For all the pipebombs CM Punk dropped and Paul Heyman has been dropping lately and with getting his mic cut repeatedly, I've never heard anyone drop his name on TV ever.

he saved mania 4 and made it look presentable.

That arena had like 6,000 people in it and he made it look like an event

Ithil

Technically.

iMax

I haven't even seen a photo of him taken within the last ten years. I'm not convinced he's actually real.

NEVER say his name five times in front of the mirror at night, by the way...

Ithil

I haven't even seen a photo of him taken within the last ten years. I'm not convinced he's actually real.

NEVER say his name five times in front of the mirror at night, by the way...

I knew a fellow that did that once. Next morning someone had diverted a nearby stream with sticks and flooded his garden.

Is the EC3/Rockstar Spud feud the best feud in TNA history? Certainly the best booked feud and the only negative was the half assed inclusion of Mark Andrews.

Alucard

Banned
I'm still working my way through some of the matches.

Speaking of which, the interplay between Honma and Shibata is great. I hope they do this team-up again.

And what an ending!

Enjoy it, man. Very good show.

Speaking of good shows, this week's ROH TV episode was a ton of fun. Two entertaining tag team matches and a really good Jay Briscoe promo in the middle...which gets interrupted by SAMOA JOE.

Alucard

Banned
Is the EC3/Rockstar Spud feud the best feud in TNA history? Certainly the best booked feud and the only negative was the half assed inclusion of Mark Andrews.

A damn good feud. The LAW guys had a good question though...would this feud have gone on this long and been allowed to develop as it has if EC3 hadn't hurt his arm? We'll never really know. As is, that EC3/Spud segment was one of the best things on pro wrestling TV this week.

Opening heel promo stuff went on too long and set up a goofy Orton promo. Nikki beat AJ in a bad match, but looked amazing in doing so. Henry-Roman hype vid led to nothing. Ryback beat Miz in another nothing match, but this time, Miz attacked Mizdow afterwards. THUS ENDS HOUR ONE. Rusev and his new, super-fake Russian lawyer were amazing. The accent was among the worst you'll ever hear and was buried by Booker and Cena, while Rusev said WW FASTLANE! Team Factual Friendship beat the New Day, but bumped for the bull. AMAZING inset promo by the champs though. Brock was AMAZING with this promo. Oh my God it was great!

Then Show killed Rowan, BUT IT'S OKAY - IT WASN'T A MATCH. Awesome Larry HOF vid. That was the best HOF video this year - they covered his whole career and if you didn't see it, you got a sense for how good he was in the WWF, WCW, the AWA, NWA, on commentary, and on promos. 6-Being Interspecies Tag Match? Why couldn't WWE get more money for their rights deal again?

So that's the first two hours. Hour three begins with a Heyman promo. It was amazing, and then Roman came out and said words too. Has Roman's name been changed to Daniel Bryan? If so, he's getting over huge! IC Champ jobbed again in another 6-man, but left with the belt. Young Bucks signs was behind Harper when he confronted Truth. Steph cut Seth's balls off. Then HHH did, and then Steph did it again. WWE'S FUTURE IS BRIGHT!

Recap of Cena-Rusev and Taker-Bray. BRAY'S PROMOS ARE NOT WHAT I NEED WHEN I'M TRYING TO STAY AWAY AT NEARLY 11 PM! Loved loved loved loved Sting running wild. That may very well be the peak of Sting in WWE.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/03/wwe-raw-3-16-15.html

Screens -

Vogue

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/15jj87oc4aazmbgiwndy1lq1i6d1erqf

DMczaf

"A lot of wrestling sucks,but when it's good it's fucking great."

:(

This is why this curse will never leave me. I hate you wrestling.

ghostmind

YTR & Sakuraba vs Captain New Japan & Tanahashi was surprisingly entertaining.

Watching Tanahashi having another hissy fit in the ring is icing on the cake.

Sting is in phenomenal shape right now. Also it was nice to see AJ and Nikki get 11 minutes. The match was good too and the crowd got into it.

And I decided to watch the latest Impact and holy hell it was great. TNA has peaks and valleys all the damn time, but I'll give them a shot for a while after last week.

Fox318

Wrestling can be good when treated like a sport...

Why do people think that it must be treated exclusively as a daytime soap.

Alucard

Banned
Sting is in phenomenal shape right now. Also it was nice to see AJ and Nikki get 11 minutes. The match was good too and the crowd got into it.

And I decided to watch the latest Impact and holy hell it was great. TNA has peaks and valleys all the damn time, but I'll give them a shot for a while after last week.

Agreed about TNA. Gonna give 'em another shot this week despite knowing the big TNA Title spoiler.

Top Bottom