• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

Hasney

It sure has :)

But yeah, it seems that some people need more than a highlighted warning at the top of the thread threatening a ban to dissuade them from going completely nuts in there.

If the reviews are positive, then they matter. If they aren't, then they don't. The irony is hilarious.

I do love delicious ironing. The Order review thread was fun because people kept saying "People who actually PLAYED THE GAME on GAF unlike these so called reviewers are giving positive impressions" and I was there with my platinum trophy for the game thinking the reviews were pretty much spot on.

In other news, Smackdown was taped after Raw but it's mostly going to be video packages and Fan Axxess live apparently, so this is all there was:

*Jimmy Uso defeated WWE Tag Team champion Cesaro, Big E and Fernando in a Four Way.

*There was a long back and forth segment where The Bellas, AJ Lee and Paige set up their Wrestlemania match.

*Daniel Bryan & Roman Reigns & John Cena & Mark Henry defeated Seth Rollins & Bray Wyatt & Kane & Big Show.

Dear god, John Cena, nobody in Japan, the UK, Russia or most anywhere else is looking at America as the pinnacle of society. You're supposed to be the goddamned face in the feud and you just antagonized every non-American watching WrestleMania.

This writing staff needs a non-American on their team to reign in on the pro-'murica talk for -mostly- Cena promo's, that kind of arrogance really shouldn't be a part of a face's promo, he needs to confident and strong, yet humble.

But I guess wrestling companies pandering their "worldwide product" to just the US audience is not new.

Berlyn was a goddammed face, everyone. He was great!
Did he really do that? I thought they'd riled up UK fans enough with the network debacle, but apparently not.

In other news, there's a Lucha show running the Royal Albert Hall as part of a Mexico festival: https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/lucha-libre/default.aspx
lucha-libre-cartel.jpg

Also PROGRESS are doing 5 nights at Download Festival, here's what happened when their mascot showed up and told Jimmy Havoc he was banned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW3DCeSBUAk

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I watched an episode of Lucha Underground to see that casket match, and I'm amazed that people complain about Vampiro on commentary. Why? There's far, far worse offenders. Like Renee Young who nerds barely ever complain about.

I watched an episode of Lucha Underground to see that casket match, and I'm amazed that people complain about Vampiro on commentary. Why? There's far, far worse offenders. Like Renee Young who nerds barely ever complain about.

I agree, Vampiro's fine - he might be a dickhead, but he's doing his job; providing colour commentary and lucha insight. Renee is much more likely to be talking about shit that happened outside of the match than the actual match itself.

Hasney

I like Renee and Vampiro grew on me. He was a bit ropey the first few episodes.

But JBL and King still exist. I think the best thing I can say about Raw is that it's a good thing they split them up on different shows. Is the PPV team still Cole/JBL/King?

I agree, Vampiro's fine - he might be a dickhead, but he's doing his job; providing colour commentary and lucha insight. Renee is much more likely to be talking about shit that happened outside of the match than the actual match itself.

That's the part I don't mind, especially on a 3 person team, as long as it's about the people in the ring at that moment.

Aiii

So not worth it

Vampiro is kind of like Booker T, not really great at commentary by any standard, but their enthusiasm puts them well ahead of most commentary. They're excited by what they see, they love what they're doing and they're fun to listen to.

I'm rewatching Nitro (one ep a week) and Mongo sucks ass, but I'll be damned if the guy is not enjoying himself and the product.

Aiii

So not worth it
Holy shit, Glory was going to do a Bill Goldberg vs. Alberto Del Rio fight, but Alberto got injured?

ALL MY MONEY. I need this to happen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you can't break a mic over your stable mates head, who can ya?
92qh7c1.gif

In this match Dump has already slapped the ref, stabbed Crane in the head with a fork, and broken a mic over her skull. And the match is only 8 minutes long.
BzHZGMk.gif

Vampiro eased up a bit on some of his really terrible habits when they did the second set of tapings. Before that he would argue/shit on Striker for no real reason and not in a playful way, lose focus during a match, And often seemed like he was trying to put himself over and not the current wrestlers (mostly in sit down interviews).

They seriously ended Raw like that ?

I swear they have forgotten how to build "special events" properly (can't really call them ppv's any more lol).

Sid

Taker v Wyatt
Sting v H
Bork v Baleeedat

The lead up to these 3 matches could have been HUGE,WTF goes on at this company? how many writers do they have again?

#GiveDivasAChance counts for The Bellas, AJ and Paige only.

I just saw Natalya lose to a surprise roll-up, in under a minute, to a bull.

Vince continues his long streak of burying Hart family-related wrestlers.

Once you've done it literally, it's hard to stop at figurative burials.

Fox318

The matadores and the bull are fucking horrible. Going by every other metric none of them should have a job. They have 0 character, 0 personality, and 0 in ring charisma.

It's an act that is getting a push because the company pushed out all of their latino stars and a freak show factor.

Forkball

T5jhQbW.gif

Bryan walked out of Wrestlemania the undisputed champion after beating Evolution singlehandedly in one night and now he's jobbing to Burger King.

Hasney

The matadores and the bull are fucking horrible. Going by every other metric none of them should have a job. They have 0 character, 0 personality, and 0 in ring charisma.

It's an act that is getting a push because the company pushed out all of their latino stars and a freak show factor.

#BringBackCarlito

Alucard

Banned
"Tyson Kidd & Natalya experience “true love” and Burger King Chicken Fries"

This sounds outstanding. I'll be fast forwarding through Raw tonight. Stuff I'll watch:

-Sting opening
-Bryan/Ziggler thing
-Axelmania/Hogan/Snoop
-Rusev segment
-Divas match
-Kidd/Natalya
-Heyman promo

...that's actually a lot. Sounds like a good go-home show.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bull Nakano constantly interferes in Crane's match with Dump, and Crane finally snaps.
tumblr_nlpsbiqJ2o1t34v14o1_250.gif

tumblr_nlpsbiqJ2o1t34v14o3_250.gif

tumblr_nlpsbiqJ2o1t34v14o4_250.gif

Can we have someone do this to the Young Bucks? Maybe Ibushi can hit Matt Jackson with some unprotected headshots.

Fox318

This sounds outstanding. I'll be fast forwarding through Raw tonight. Stuff I'll watch:

-Sting opening
-Bryan/Ziggler thing
-Axelmania/Hogan/Snoop
-Rusev segment
-Divas match
-Kidd/Natalya
-Heyman promo

...that's actually a lot. Sounds like a good go-home show.

watch the bill simmons commentary.

Alucard

Banned
Betting it was this in response to Nintendo games being the other 90+ ,metacritic games since 2013, mods were being harsh in there since review threads are usually a wasteland.

I lol'd

EDIT: Apologies for Alucarding

It's cool. I should have been here for the combo breaker.

Alucard

Banned
Smackdown spoilers from prowrestling.net. I feel like there are segments missing. Only 3 segments discussed? Maybe they did a load of Mania hype vids and pre-recorded promos.

Jerry Lawler and Byron Saxton came out as broadcast team members. The Smackdown pyro shot off, which was unexpected. Eden served as the ring announcer...

1. Jimmy Uso beat Cesaro, Big E, and Fernando. Jimmy pinned Cesaro. A decent but spotty match. Each of the respective tag partners were at ringside.

AJ Lee came out for a promo. She explained her love for the Diva's Championship and said Paige loved it too. AJ said the Bella Twins used that love to turn them against each other. AJ invited Paige to fight with her at WrestleMania. Paige entered and discussed beating AJ a year ago. Paige and AJ talked about how hard it will be to fight the Bella Twins. Paige is upset about AJ being away for months.

They're finding common ground together in their mutual hatred of losing. They almost shook hands, but the Bella's music played. Enter the Bella Twins. Nikki Bella and Brie Bella discussed that they're sisters. Brie explained that she has forgiven Nikki and will always forgive her. Because they're sisters, you know? Nikki said Brock Lesnar worked more days than AJ last year (sweet burn).

Nikki said all the women in the locker room want to be Bella's. AJ said they're D-list failed actresses. Paige said they prefer to be the freaks, geeks, weirdos, misfits, and oddballs. Paige said they're not afraid to be themselves. AJ said they're what real women look like and at WrestleMania they're going to kick some ass. Nikki said real women fight, then said they'd see "you bitches" at WrestleMania.

2. John Cena, Mark Henry, Daniel Bryan, and Roman Reigns vs. Big Show, Bray Wyatt, Kane, and, Seth Rollins. A long match. Roman had a nice comeback that was cheered quite a bit. Bryan pinned Show to close the tag. Bryan closes show with Yes-ing.

Edit: triple. Step your games up, guys and gals.

Aiii

So not worth it
The Vince is a senile out of touch senior citizen old man meme is such tired IWC shit at this point.

Can't this thread try and rise above reddit or LAW caller status.

So now we're just ignoring countless segments on TV we can see with our own eyes and tons of stories from a gazillion sources about Vince being stubborn and out-of-touch, "because IWC lol"?

Cagey

Banned
You going to Grapple Kingdom?
Don't know what that is though I'll google after commute.
So now we're just ignoring countless segments on TV we can see with our own eyes and tons of stories from a gazillion sources about Vince being stubborn and out-of-touch, "because IWC lol"?
I afford wrestling sources and groupthink zero credibility, as they deserve. Sorry. I dislike most of the comedy stuff too but I'm also one segmeant of his audience. Do I know it's because he's senile or out of touch, no. I don't presume to know. Others presume to know that for fact.

Bias is fun.

Top Bottom