• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Forecast for Wrestlemania...cloudy with a heavy chance of Reigns

KwNgJTq.jpg

People getting delusional in that WM OT. No reason to read people complaining in there nonstop for the next six days.

If Bryan was in the title match, the whole story would be completely different. The overall line up of matches isn't actually that bad. Like, last year, if Daniel Bryan wasn't involved, Wrestlemania XXX was average. The mid card matches are more interesting this year I think. And the main event is gonna be fuckin weird so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Wtf is this?

Edit:

jesus christ

Is that from Raw?

No! No! Nothing can stop me.

One man. Alone. Betrayed by the fans loves. On a quest for redemption.

That wasnt just on RAW.

IT WAS THE CLOSING SHOT OF RAW.

Remember all those intense brawls that end shows before the big fight with ref's and backstage agents pulling them apart? Well fuck that. Here are two grown men fighting like children fighting over a toy.

Find out the epic conclusion for just $9.99!

Verendus

Banned
Don't worry. I'm here to bring balance to the force. The sequels to your prequels. The Dark Knight to your Avengers. The Terminator to your Terminator 3. The Alpha to your Omega. The Rock to your Daniel Bryan.

Because

ONE MAN

ALONE

BETRAYED BY THE FANS HE LOVES!!

notworksafe

I'm trying to catch up on lucha underground.

That show is really fun.

I wish there was an easy way to watch it.
I watched that LU Grave Consequences match yesterday and goddamn it was so good.

I wish Sling TV had a DVR function. I've only been able to actually watch LU on there once. All the rest of the time I'm watching youtube vods

Pretty much, but they're gonna be complaining in here too....and still watch Sunday and after that.

I'll do what I've done since I canceled my sub a month or two after the Network started: follow the thread and recaps as they happen, lol at how dumb the company is, lol at the people supporting it, and lol along with the people hating it. Maybe catch the Raw after live and not on recap just to see more chaos, but I'm not a Neilsen viewer, so even that doesn't matter in terms of support. I'm quite happy watching things burn; there's always New Japan :)

Fox318

If Roman Reigns was an automobile; what automobile would he be?

Plymouth Prowler

v0W3SnQ.jpg

It's got the looks that an older man would like but its an unreliable car with performance issues and a weak under-powered engine.

Even if you manage to fix the engine performance and poor you are still driving a Plymouth in a time where nobody wants to drive one or can purchase one new.

It even has its own stupid bulletproof vest in that ugly bumper.

Striker

The 'Mania OP still has one too many smarky notions and just comes off weak. Write up the build, bad or not, post a picture and advance to the next feud. It doesn't matter what Dave Meltzer or what simplythebest says about its match quality.

Rey Mysterio Vs Eddie Guerrero Judgment Day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKT-BR0J1yw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHgyg7Wk3_E Eddie Guerrero vs. Brock Lesnar, No Way Out 2004

Eddie's work in 2003-2005 was really awesome.

Recall

I'm trying to catch up on lucha underground.

That show is really fun.

I wish there was an easy way to watch it.

Daily Motion and YouTube are the only way for I. It is nice though that the official Lucha Underground puts up the main event each week in full on its channel.

It's easily the most fun I've had watching wrestling in several years.

Thorakai

Crazy part is mania will probably be fine. I expect some good matches.

Agreed. Every match, sans the Battle Royale, have the potential to be pretty entertaining. Sometimes I think people get too caught up in the storylines to separate the wrestling from the sports entertainment part of the package. You got every right to shit on the WWE for their horrible build to the event. But I see a card with competitors that have pulled some fine matches in the past. It certainly doesn't look close being one of the worse Manias. I'm looking forward to Sunday.

Toki767

The 'Mania OP still has one too many smarky notions and just comes off weak. Write up the build, bad or not, post a picture and advance to the next feud. It doesn't matter what Dave Meltzer or what simplythebest says about its match quality.

It's really sad that you're asking the OP to do more work than WWE has done to hype up Mania.

Toki767

NoRéN;157215508 said:
It looked just as weird in person. Like two kids fighting over a ball.

I mean...if their goal was to make Reigns look like an entitled child expecting to just be able to take things just because he was picked, then job well done.

It certainly didn't make Reigns look like someone you want to cheer for.

NoRéN

I mean...if their goal was to make Reigns look like an entitled child expecting to just be able to take things just because he was picked, then job well done.

It certainly didn't make Reigns look like someone you want to cheer for.

I saw it the other way. He took it from Lesnar and quickly. Typical "too slow, old man" WWE bullshit. It was Lesnar that tried to take it back and that's when it looked awkward.

You got all of that out of the segment?
Oh, sweet. Glad I wasn't the only one a bit perplexed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My wife just asked me who this guy on the screen screaming about his powers of darkness was. Answer: an young, upstart undead wizard who wants to absorb the powers of an older undead wizard by beating him in a wrestling match.

Verendus

Banned
Verendus, you're not malfunctioning, are you?
I can't malfunction. Because I'm not a man. I'm a machine.

ONE MACHINE

ALONE

IN SUPPORT OF THE ONE MAN

ALONE

Such an emotional ride into Wrestlemania. As bah gawd always said, this is what this business is all about. Insert promo video here.

I can't malfunction. Because I'm not a man. I'm a machine.

ONE MACHINE

ALONE

IN SUPPORT OF THE ONE MAN

ALONE

Such an emotional ride into Wrestlemania. As bah gawd always said, this is what this business is all about. Insert promo video here.

Does this mean you're switching your bet to Brock? Because it's already been confirmed in the thread that Brock was created by Skynet.

Sephzilla

Sorry, but I don't think I'd want a Mania OP that's a basic lifeless rundown of what Mania is going to be. A shitty buildup to Mania doesn't warrant a write up that's going to make it look better than it actually is.

Kinda pissed Zeus was there for about 15 minutes and no recognition of him being there.

E: I'm getting ads on top of page for Nash's HOF pre party in San Jose on Friday

Top Bottom