• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great shit, Rock was out of breath trying to do that stuff though, but still awesome. Haters can cry some more about it though.
7jecc.gif

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Everyone who was behind the Rock from the beginning isn't behind him now and are now rooting for Cena. Of course, Cena won't be the fan favorite come WM but the WWE have done their part to increase Cena's fanbase which was their goal all along.

WWE only cares about selling merchandise to the masses and in this case Rock is their golden goose. They're not trying to turn him, they want the big jimmies and old jimmies and maybe a few lil jimmies to buy as many boot to asses shirts as they can make. This whole WWE planning to put Cena over the Rock as a face was never in the plans. The Rock is one of their most popular wrestlers EVER

Everyone who was behind the Rock from the beginning isn't behind him now and are now rooting for Cena. Of course, Cena won't be the fan favorite come WM but the WWE have done their part to increase Cena's fanbase which was their goal all along.

Agree to disagree. They can try and make the Rock a goof all they want, at most it will change 1% of the fanbase. There is too much nostalgia there with the Rock

Post another 100 times so you can prove you're not what The Rock called you. It's ok, you can cry.
Be delusional some more. He had some awesome lines, but it went all downhill the last part. My God, your ability to shill and believe everything is awesome rivals only The Miz. Unless you're totally ignoring everyone else who is saying the exact same thing I am. But that's ok, I like reading your shill posts. They are entertaining and you have every right to make them!

UberTag

I'm not rooting for either guy.

I'm rooting for the concessions guys. I'm rooting for black ref if he gets to work that match (he won't). I'm rooting for The Miz if he gets to do a run-in to salvage what remains of his pitiful career. And I'm rooting for Dwayne to botch something in the match itself leading to Cena getting injured and laid out for a year so the WWE is forced to build some new stars.

NoRéN

Be delusional some more. He had some awesome lines, but it went all downhill the last part. My God, your ability to shill and believe everything is awesome rivals only The Miz.

If the Rock had stopped right before the sing along, it would have been much better. Shit was awkward.

Izick

This was an absolutely fantastic RAW. Only complaint is that I think the alchohol angle is weird, and has been done (poorly) before, and I wished there would have been a confrontation at the very end with Rock/Cena, but it still was a great show.

DMczaf

I don't even know what this Cena/Rock feud is about anymore.

I know Jericho and Punk are fighting for Best In the World, what the fuck are Cena and Rock fighting for? Crowd pops?

Kyoufu

This RAW was boring after the opening segment. Then it became embarrassing at the end.

I know Jericho and Punk are fighting for Best In the World, what the fuck are Cena and Rock fighting for? Crowd pops?

For Cena's mom.

The start of the Rock concert was a little weird and not funny, but he middle was entertaining even if it wasn't clever.

The end could have been something cool with slower music and if the Rock had let the fans know what he was trying to do. With a little luck and a properly informed crowd it could've been a great moment.

The rest of Raw was fine, but I feel they keep missing the big talking points that should be getting people hyped for 'Mania. Cena was the only person who delivered in that regard tonight. Although I will say that Jericho's promo about Punk's dad did raise a little heat and generate sympathy for Punk in a way that should benefit their match. If Punk strikes back next week in a serious manner and then a pull apart brawl on the go-home show, I think we'll have the makings of a good atmosphere for the match.

The problem is there are about three rivalries that need pull apart brawls / shocking physicality injected into them before Wrestlemania and we only have 2 Raws left.

NoRéN;35971446 said:
If the Rock had stopped right before the sing along, it would have been much better. Shit was awkward.
This OH MY GOD this. I thought he was about to go into "IF YOU SMELLLLL..." and that would've been great, cut to cameras and Rock pose. Then I heard the music and I was like oh no...

I mean whose idea was that? Jesus, Dwyane completely forgot what worked last week.
The start of the Rock concert was a little weird and not funny, but he middle was entertaining even if it wasn't clever.

The end could have been something cool with slower music and if the Rock had let the fans know what he was trying to do. With a little luck and a properly informed crowd it could've been a great moment.
Be careful, TheNatural might call you a virgin or something.

Cena and Rock aren't fighting. They are actually working together for the greater good and get the young and up and coming star John Cena over. 10 more years of JOHN CENA!!

TheNatural

My Member!

The rest of Raw was fine, but I feel they keep missing the big talking points that should be getting people hyped for 'Mania. Cena was the only person who delivered in that regard tonight. Although I will say that Jericho's promo about Punk's dad did raise a little heat and generate sympathy for Punk in a way that should benefit their match. If Punk strikes back next week in a serious manner and then a pull apart brawl on the go-home show, I think we'll have the makings of a good atmosphere for the match.

The problem is there are about three rivalries that need pull apart brawls / shocking physicality injected into them before Wrestlemania and we only have 2 Raws left

I agree, the timing is all fucked up, they should have had this RAW 3 weeks ago. But they don't want to seem to get anything physical despite plenty of feuds that have been before. RAW would have been better if Cena tried to sneak up on Rock and Rock busted his head with a guitar.

I'm more confused by Orton/Kane. What the hell is that about?

Kane: "Hey, are you doing anything for WM?"

Orton: "Actually, kinda funny that you mention that, I'm not..."

Kane: "You wanna uh...you wanna get together for WM?"

Orton: "Ha, yeah sure, that sounds fun, man."

Kane: "Great! Well cya later! Oh, and *chokeslam*

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane: "Hey, are you doing anything for WM?"

Orton: "Actually, kinda funny that you mention that, I'm not..."

Kane: "You wanna uh...you wanna get together for WM?"

Orton: "Ha, yeah sure, that sounds fun, man."

Kane: "Great! Well cya later! Oh, and *chokeslam*
I would love for them to actually do that as a promo. In fact, that should be how more feuds start, lol.

evil ways

Ending was really dumb.

Where was Cena?

I wanted to see a guitar to the head, Jeff Jarrett style.
This. Why bring back ThugaCena and have him be all serious and risque only to not have him interact with The Rock face to face.

I guess next week he goes back to normal and sarcastically pokes fun at everything Rock said about him, all with a smug grin.

TheNatural

My Member!
Rock talked about banging Cena's mom to the point that she could barely walk. Cena doesn't show up.

What did Goldberg do when Rock talked about his mom?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=F5HFsfb9bvA#t=199s

What the hell are the writers doing with this feud? What the hell...

New era WWE. No out of ring build uip ever, outside of just proming or some lame run in.

Hell remember Wrestlemania X8? You had Hulk fucking Hogan return to the ring versus The Rock, they got physical right after the statedown and match acceptance, Hell Hogan's first match back wasn't even at Wrestlemania, it was a fucking tag match with the nWo vs. Rock and Austin on just a regular RAW and Hogan pinned Rock clean with a leg drop.

That was a much, much bigger build and clash of titans, and this is a match that has been announced for a year with both guys having gotten physical several times before.

TheNatural

My Member!
Hey man, I was Goldberg for Halloween one year. So you're awful.

2002 and 2003 was some like some crazy fantasy booking out of those old wrestling magazines 'what if' sections where they ranked wrestlers and what would happen if they actually feuded. Too bad hardly any were good.

bill0527

I had a light bulb moment tonight.

I realized that the DVR was created for 2 things - fast forwarding through Undertaker entrances, and boring promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom