• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Oh Shit! THUGANOMICS!
GOD DAMN IT
STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME MARK FOR CENA
WORD LIFE
OH MY GOD

WORD LIFE

THIS IS BASIC THUGANOMICS
YESSSSSS! WORD LIFE!!
THUGANOMICS THEME

HOLY FUCK THE JERSEY

EWRKL'VNKEHJLBKIDUVNBSRIUVBND
thats what i miss
Cena looks like Marky Mark to me haha
And suddenly we're all marking the fuck out for John Cena
THUG CENA IS BACK!!!!
WORD LIFE
OOOH SHIT THUGANOMICS
IS THIS REAL LIFE
WORD LIFE

Am I seriously mark out for John fucking Cena? WTF?
Heel thuganomics Cena?
Cena looks good :O
Why am I marking out?
JUST MARKED OUT

OVER CENA
I'M MARKING OUT
Marks

I thought Rock and Cena both did great. It was refreshing seeing this Cena again, even though he will be gone next week and Rock was entertaining as usual. Even when he doesn't have the best material to work with, his natural charisma and likeability make his stuff great. The HHH/Undertaker feud is a fucking snorefest though. So damn boring.

Lothar

Banned
Thuganomics Cena is like a million times better than the Cena we endured for the past 7 years, but it still wasn't very good. I think people are forgetting that. Certainly it has nothing on Rock promos or Rock singing with a guitar.

RBH

XzInI.png

Legends of Wrestling Roundtable on WWE 24/7 - Episode 30: Renegades and Outlaws

Panel members: Roddy Piper, Diamond Dallas Page, Jim Ross, and Michael Hayes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A1Hu78eu0g

Legends of Wrestling Roundtable on WWE 24/7 - The Celebrity Effect

Panel members: Roddy Piper, Diamond Dallas Page, Jim Ross, and Michael Hayes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks9LFaeExsg
DDP is really defensive throughout this whole thing. It's weird seeing someone defend some of the stuff WCW did, when pretty much everyone craps on it.

Arquette winning the title was terrible, as was Hogan selling for Leno, but Malone/Rodman was fine. Both of those guys were big, strong athletes, so it made a little sense for them to be in a wrestling ring.

Izick

DDP is really defensive throughout this whole thing. It's weird seeing someone defend some of the stuff WCW did, when pretty much everyone craps on it.

Arquette winning the title was terrible, as was Hogan selling for Leno, but Malone/Rodman was fine. Both of those guys were big, strong athletes, so it made a little sense for them to be in a wrestling ring.

I think it's because DDP is a really nice guy.

I think he really liked Bischoff and Hogan, and generally doesn't want to step on anybody's toes, even Arquette's.

I remember he told a story on that program, where he met Bischoff, hated him, then punched him I think. Bischoff comes down the next day to DDP's apartment, apologizes for being drunk, and asks him to either put this behind them, or they can fight it out, DDP says it's all behind them, and they were friends from then on.

DiscoJon

Banned
I think it's because DDP is a really nice guy.

I think he really liked Bischoff and Hogan, and generally doesn't want to step on anybody's toes, even Arquette's.

I remember he told a story on that program, where he met Bischoff, hated him, then punched him I think. Bischoff comes down the next day to DDP's apartment, apologizes for being drunk, and asks him to either put this behind them, or they can fight it out, DDP says it's all behind them, and they were friends from then on.

Didn't DDP and Bischoff live in the same neighborhood during the WCW days?

I can't tell you how disappointed I was to watch and enjoy that promo by Jericho and come here to get some affirmation that, yes, that indeed was an awesome promo; only to find a bunch of bellyaching, negative reactions.

(Ithil's excused 'cause, you know, he's Irish)

"It's too dark"? I can understand if the issue of alcoholism might make some of you uncomfortable but seriously, do you guy's just avoid any form of entertainment that deals with addiction? Come on.

"It doesn't need this"? Hell fucking yes it does. It needed something. What was Punk's motivation in this feud? Retain his title? Prove he's not a Jericho Wannabe/(is)Best in the World? "Hey, this guy won a battle royale or something, so now I have to fight him"? Punk needed a reason to want to beat the shit out of Jericho and now he has it.

I'm not saying not to post your honest opinions about the show, by all means, please do. But fuck, I thought we were on the same wavelength here, guys?

I used to think I was past this feeling after Net_Wrecka shitting on WWE stopped making me angry and started making me laugh.

Fuck, how can so many of you not get it?

I feel like heavy right now. I feel as filthy and unclean as that mark and I just need to scrub myself clean of those posts about Jericho's promo.

Didn't DDP and Bischoff live in the same neighborhood during the WCW days?

Runor has it they shared wives.

RAW was fun. I'm glad all you Cena lovers enjoyed his schtick.
Rock was on fire, and I was surprised the WWE didn't try to ruin his concert.

I wish Punk would have grabbed a mic and almost say something only to drop the mic and leave.

Izick

I can't tell you how disappointed I was to watch and enjoy that promo by Jericho and come here to get some affirmation that, yes, that indeed was an awesome promo; only to find a bunch of bellyaching, negative reactions.

(Ithil's excused 'cause, you know, he's Irish)

"It's too dark"? I can understand if the issue of alcoholism might make some of you uncomfortable but seriously, do you guy's just avoid any form of entertainment that deals with addiction? Come on.

"It doesn't need this"? Hell fucking yes it does. It needed something. What was Punk's motivation in this feud? Retain his title? Prove he's not a Jericho Wannabe/(is)Best in the World? "Hey, this guy won a battle royale or something, so now I have to fight him"? Punk needed a reason to want to beat the shit out of Jericho and now he has it.

I'm not saying not to post your honest opinions about the show, by all means, please do. But fuck, I thought we were on the same wavelength here, guys?

I used to think I was past this feeling after Net_Wreka shitting on WWE stopped making me angry and started making me laugh.

Fuck, how can so many of you not get it?

I feel like heavy right now. I feel as filthy and unclean as that mark and I just need to scrub myself clean of those posts about Jericho's promo.
I understand what you mean, and I totally agree that they needed to do something exciting, it's just the whole alcoholism thing is weird for a lot of people. A lot of people have had alcoholics in there family, and it's just something hard to get heated (for lack of a better word) over.

The crowd seemed more like "aw...that's messed up..." then "FUCK THAT GUY." I have to say it probably pulled at a lot of people's heartstrings, which is always good, but I just think it's a little distasteful.

I don't know, I guess I'd rather have distasteful over bland any day though.

One more thing. I don't know who all of you are that are on Cena's jock all of a sudden, but I at least have the guts to stand by the fact that he is detrimental to the business, and is the worst torch carrier in the history of wrestling. There is nothing he could do to make me a believer. Nothing.

He was the sole reason I took a 7 year break. I blame him for the state of the industry for the last decade. It's been a dark mark in the history of wrestling. The day he leaves, I will light a candle and I will light one every year that he is gone till I die.

Cena is a punk and needs someone to make him humble. My dream in life will be when he is on the downside, and has to job to everyone.

Anth0ny

One more thing. I don't know who all of you are that are on Cena's jock all of a sudden, but I at least have the guts to stand by the fact that he is detrimental to the business, and is the worst torch carrier in the history of wrestling. There is nothing he could do to make me a believer. Nothing.

He was the sole reason I took a 7 year break. I blame him for the state of the industry for the last decade. It's been a dark mark in the history of wrestling. The day he leaves, I will light a candle and I will light one every year that he is gone till I die.

but he did the rapper gimmick today

but he did the rapper gimmick today

I wonder why what's wrong with the superman bullshit he's been using for the last 8 years???????????

Edit: I'm sorry, I just feel like Rock is fighting for a time I wish I could have back. Not this PG Cena is god era. I don't understand how anyone over the age of 17 could root for him. This match means everything to me.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Just finished watching Raw. Much better than the past couple of weeks. Thuganomics Cena was on fire and Rock was pretty funny. Though ending it with the "We will rock you" clusterfuck was disappointing. The rest of the show was pretty good too. Hopefully Frankman's Mark Morrison gimmick lasts longer than his last one. Also props to WWE for putting over BillRiccio's sign! That sign was everywhere during Rock's concert.

Izick

I'm in the same boat as you. I was checking RAW ever once in a while right before CM Punk did his promo of promos, and then when I saw that (and I actually managed to luckily see it live) I thought "wait, maybe this isn't the same shit since 2005?" I was excited because he was calling out Cena, McMahon, etc.

Then, I was hooked, and I was excited as Punk won the title. Then I was a little excited to see Nash back, and then that quickly faded away. Then I saw the great pairing of Truth and Miz, only for that half-baked storyline to die prematurely, same thing with the Punk/Lauranitus feud. Same thing with a lot of storylines. (Remember when Kane feuded with Cena for a while?) Then the Royal Rumble was a disaster...All the filler has been crap on most nights, except for tonight, which I thought was quite good. The Rock/Cena match has zero interest for me, even though they both put on a decent show tonight.

The only things I enjoy about wrewstlng now are CM Punk, Jericho, and Ziggler/Del Rio to a lesser extent, and of course WrassleGAF.

Cena is a punk and needs someone to make him humble. My dream in life will be when he is on the downside, and has to job to everyone.

Agreed. Wanna know why most of the roster has no credibility? Because they have all mostly been fed to Cena or have been fed to guys to build up opponents for Cena.

Kccitystar

Just finished watching Raw. Much better than the past couple of weeks. Thuganomics Cena was on fire and Rock was pretty funny. Though ending it with the "We will rock you" clusterfuck was disappointing. The rest of the show was pretty good too. Hopefully Frankman's Mark Morrison gimmick lasts longer than his last one. Also props to WWE for putting over BillRiccio's sign! That sign was everywhere during Rock's concert.

Could it be that they acknowledge us? O_O

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Could it be that they acknowledge us? O_O

People like to joke about creative lurking here, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. Especially since from time to time it looks lke they steal some of our fantasy booking ideas.

Or it could be becuase WWE these days is pretty predictable. Gone are the days when "anything can happen in the WWF WWE".

Also, I'm just now realizing how disappointing that Cena and Rock didn't have a face-to-face Rap battle/Rock concert.

Heretic

I wonder why what's wrong with the superman bullshit he's been using for the last 8 years???????????

Edit: I'm sorry, I just feel like Rock is fighting for a time I wish I could have back. Not this PG Cena is god era. I don't understand how anyone over the age of 17 could root for him. This match means everything to me.

TRUTH!

I understand what you mean, and I totally agree that they needed to do something exciting, it's just the whole alcoholism thing is weird for a lot of people. A lot of people have had alcoholics in there family, and it's just something hard to get heated (for lack of a better word) over.

The crowd seemed more like "aw...that's messed up..." then "FUCK THAT GUY." I have to say it probably pulled at a lot of people's heartstrings, which is always good, but I just think it's a little distasteful.

I don't know, I guess I'd rather have distasteful over bland any day though.

I'm one of those people.

I don't know, when I was watching it my mind didn't go there at all, but upon further reflection I definitely understand if it did for some.

I think that's kind of the point. If you were a mark, your anger and distaste would be aimed at Jericho, but because the majority of people here are (hopefully) in on it, it's directed at the writers/creative. Punk is obviously in on it.

I think the promo was good for two other reasons aside from giving the feud a shot in the arm.

First, the way it was delivered was perfect. Using the Titantron so that it's one-sided and Punk just has to stand there and take it and can't resort to his usual sarcastic remarks or looking down the barrel of the lens like John fucking Krasinski in the Office, that got old after, oh I don't know, the fifth fucking time.

SYTJ2.gif

Lastly, (and I'm not an expert on the history of CM Punk so I may be off on this) isn't the Straight Edge angle usually reserved for the times when Punk is heel? I mean, I'd imagine it would be pretty hard for a face to get a crowd full of beer guzzling fans to cheer you for not drinking beer (see also, Bryan's Vegan angle). I think this is an opportunity to bridge that part of his character over and have people still cheer for him regardless.

People like to joke about creative lurking here, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. Especially since from time to time it looks lke they steal some of our fantasy booking ideas.

Or it could be becuase WWE these days is pretty predictable. Gone are the days when "anything can happen in the WWF WWE".

Also, I'm just now realizing how disappointing that Cena and Rock didn't have a face-to-face Rap battle/Rock concert.

It's both the predictability of the product and the IWC as a whole. I would be very surprised if this non-stickied thread on the off-topic section of a video game forum has any reach and feel it's incredibly naive to think so.

Lastly, (and I'm not an expert on the history of CM Punk so I may be off on this) isn't the Straight Edge angle usually reserved for the times when Punk is heel? I mean, I'd imagine it would be pretty hard for a face to get a crowd full of beer guzzling fans to cheer you for not drinking beer (see also, Bryan's Vegan angle). I think this is an opportunity to bridge that part of his character over and have people still cheer for him regardless.

Not really, they like bringing it up when he's a face too as a good role model sort of thing. When he cashed in his first MitB, JBL tried to get him to drink whiskey, etc.

Also, for using the angle itself, I didn't like it for exactly one reason: it felt completely random and out of nowhere, having nothing to do with anything they had been feuding about prior to this. I have low expectations for story telling in wrestling, but bad is bad. It'd be like if Punk were heel and out of nowhere bringing up Jericho's mom. Like, OK, ouch, but what does that have to do with anything?

Whoa I was expecting to get blasted. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels Cena robbed us of close to a decade.

i started watching wrestling in 2004 so cena being the face of the company is all i know. I just want the next wave of wrestlers to come, im sick of cena how many more years is cena going to be the face of the company. im at a breaking point where my interest in wrestling is waning

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
He still mentioned that he was straight edge during his initial face run in the WWE, but the difference between Face CM Punk and Heel CM Punk is that Heel Punk beats you over the head about how much better he is than you (The audience) because he's straight edge.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i started watching wrestling in 2004 so cena being the face of the company is all i know. I just want the next wave of wrestlers to come, im sick of cena how many more years is cena going to be the face of the company. im at a breaking point where my interest in wrestling is waning
I feel sorry for you :( I watched from 1998-2002. I haven't watched wrestling much since and that was middle school. 24 now.

Lothar

Banned
Anyone who became a wrestling fan after 97-01 should really hunt down footage from that era and only watch that. Don't watch any new WWE programming until you've seen every Raw and PPV from that era.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Anyone who became a wrestling fan after 97-01 should really hunt down footage from that era and only watch that. Don't watch any new WWE programming until you've seen every Raw and PPV from that era.

is there really a way to watch every raw and ppv?

I really want to watch nitro,raw, and PPV's in order

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
is there really a way to watch every raw and ppv?

I really want to watch nitro,raw, and PPV's in order

Dailymotion was my go to place for old WWF and WCW Shows and PPVs but WWE's been cracking down on them lately. There's still some stuff up there. Youtube's also pretty good, though if the video gets too popular it'll get removed.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ugh.

I actually didn't watch much of WWF. I only got half of the attitude era. Missed some of WCW.

I want to own every damn episode you assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom