• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Vin is gone, wonder if he's ever going to make a return. It would be a shame if he never wrestled again.

Overall a great night of wrestling. Roughly 5 hours and I'm not even close to being burned out. CHIKARA certainly entertained tonight. Looking forward to next time.

Kaladin

Damn Vin is gone, wonder if he's ever going to make a return. It would be a shame if he never wrestled again.

Overall a great night of wrestling. Roughly 5 hours and I'm not even close to being burned out. CHIKARA certainly entertained tonight. Can't wait till next time.

It will be sometime in April.....

WrassleGaf Watches

MarchSTH.jpg

Featuring...
ForTheGold.jpg

For the Campeonatos de Parejas

and....

MarMyst.jpg

Featuring...
CGCbout.jpg

For the Chikara Grand Championship

Join us! (seriously, we need more than 3 people)

tm24

I will give Chikara more of my money if Vin comes back as Equinox just for the trolling he would cause

Also, i will so be here for the next Chikara live forum posting extravaganza. Unless its during DDT4, which I would be at tonight except it's the weekend before finals and I can't afford to waste time on a trip to Reseda

Kaladin

I will give Chikara more of my money if Vin comes back as Equinox just for the trolling he would cause

Also, i will so be here for the next Chikara live forum posting extravaganza. Unless its during DDT4, which I would be at tonight except it's the weekend before finals and I can't afford to waste time on a trip to Reseda

It would be interesting if Vin is one of the invaders.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
lol just got the new new jack 2012 shoot.

Preview vid:
First 3 mins is about "allegedly" a former WWF diva (first name might rhyme with Berry.)
2:55 Abdullah the butcher saying new jack has aids
5:35 Brian Pillman calling The Gangsta (New Jack, and Mustafa) about being called a n*gger
6:05 Sunny (Tammy Sytch) trying to get new jack to kill her ex b/f who was a cop
6:55 coming clean about killing 4 men while he was a bounty hunter in the 80s.

WARNING NSFW LANGAUGE (cussing, gross talk, new jack being new jack etc) NSFW LAUNGUAGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmKNV4vpGrE

WARNING NSFW LANGAUGE (cussing, gross talk, new jack being new jack etc) NSFW LAUNGUAGE

titty nipples. i said got damn!

bart jr

Neo Member
PWG Spoilers from last night:

Steen won the world title in a triple threat match against El Generico and Eddie Edwards. He now holds all the gold in PWG!

I think the next Wrassle GAF viewing party needs to be that New Jack dvd, holy shit! I remember meeting him at an indie event when I was like 16 just hoping I didn't say or do anything stupid where he would want to beat my ass.

RBH

lol just got the new new jack 2012 shoot.

Preview vid:
First 3 mins is about "allegedly" a former WWF diva (first name might rhyme with Berry.)
2:55 Abdullah the butcher saying new jack has aids
5:35 Brian Pillman calling The Gangsta (New Jack, and Mustafa) about being called a n*gger
6:05 Sunny (Tammy Sytch) trying to get new jack to kill her ex b/f who was a cop
6:55 coming clean about killing 4 men while he was a bounty hunter in the 80s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmKNV4vpGrE

This looks absolutely incredible.

Razorskin

----- ------
I hope CM Punk loses and turns into drunk Scott Hall, where he starts drinking mid match and puking on the apron.

CM Drunk CM Drunk CM Drunk

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So someone just re-uploaded this awesome compilation of Bobby Heenan commentary during the 1993 Survivor Series. Specifically the match between the Hart family and Shawn Michaels + his "knights." And it's pure gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyZvAPOCEYY

Bobby Heenan will never be surpassed on commentary. That video alone proves it. Absolute gold.

Also note the commentary by the late Ray Combs, former host of the Family Feud who committed suicide.

Brinbe

I'd def be in for a New Jack viewing party, that dude is right up there with Steiner in terms of hilarity and being a crazy-ass individual you could only find in Wrasslin.

I know he's talked about some of that Terri shit before, (at least I recall he did in previous shoots?) and it's really just nasty. And that stuff with Tammy/Abdullah had me rollin. Never a dull moment.

Opening video for tonight's TNA ppv http://youtu.be/-qdCDJqe3Ns

They've done a good job of building Sting vs Roode. I'm interested in seeing how they work together. This is also the first Russo free ppv, so it will be interesting to see if the same shitty finishes apply or if they are using a different mindset. They are already hyping Storm vs Roode for Lockdown so this seems kind of like a throwaway ppv for them, but there are atleast 4 matches that should be pretty good on here.

Awesome - making her long awaited U.S. debut, co-founder of the Sendai Girls promotion and 2-time AAAW champion Meiko Satomura will be in competition at CHIKARA's 10th Anniversario events on May 19th & 20th;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtGTk9-xUiI

She was announced for last year's JoshiMania but couldn't compete due to injury, so it's great to see CHIKARA bring her over for the 10th Anniversario. Del Rey vs Satomura plz.

Watching the rest of 'Caught in the Spider's Den' at the moment - UMB vs Colt was a ton of fun, really enjoyed the match and Colt's shenanigans, and the 8-man tag was just insane. Vin vs Kingston is about to start.

DKehoe

Bit behind on my Chikara but watching The Thirteenth Hat just now. I absolutely loved Green Ant vs Mike Quackenbush, a great example of how fun to watch the Chikara style is.

So since Wrestlemania time is upon us i've been in the mood to watch previous WM matches, oh it was all going so well until today when I decided I would rewatch what WWE would like to call the "greatest match in WM history", last years HHH/Taker match.

Why is this match held in such high regard again? going from watching Taker/HBK at WM25 to this was almost painful, it's the finisher fest to end all finisher fests, after about 5 minutes it turns into a big move, lengthy recovery time, big move, lengthy recovery and so on in that fashion for the matches duration. Now I remember why I was so opposed to this years rematch, another huge chunk of WM is going to be devoted to watching 2 men lie on the canvas to oversell the damage of their repeated signature moves for like 40 minutes.
The final segment (which equates to like 15 minutes on the whole, 10 of which consist of Taker's nap time) is basically burying time as HHH fires off multiple finishers including finisher theft like he's got a full stock of stored finishers in the older SD games, repeatedly hits Taker with a chair and laughs in the face of Undertaker's chokeslam attempt by shaking his head in disgust at taker's feeble grip, yet he still looks like crap because Taker is kicking out of everything anyway, and after all of that Trips stumbles into hells gate and gets choked out.....only to be better off that Taker a minute or two later. Not even the addition of J.R can add much to this match cause there's only so much he can talk about when nothing is really happening.
I'm almost hoping this years match starts off with HBK superkicking HHH and Taker immediately pins with a fast counting HBK. But hey maybe they can pull off something more like WM 17 instead so here's hoping, just think that back then the whole corner ten punch into last ride was actually a new and unique idea.

Also WWE replaced Taker's Johnny Cash entrance theme with the usual Taker dirge of increasing boredom, curses!

Bit behind on my Chikara but watching The Thirteenth Hat just now. I absolutely loved Green Ant vs Mike Quackenbush, a great example of how fun to watch the Chikara style is.

Yeah, that match was fantastic, I posted a bit about it earlier in the thread;

Me said:
Green Ant vs Mike Quackenbush pretty much exemplifies everything I love about the serious side of CHIKARA - just some awesome hold-for-hold, catch-as-catch-can & lucha libre inspired wrestling, a well thought out and executed match-up that did a whole lot without ever doing too much, and some excellent storyline and character progression, all within the space of a 10 minute opening match.

It's easy to forget just how good a lot of the CHIKARA guys are, but that match showed it perfectly.

Nocturnowl said:
Why is this match held in such high regard again?

Because it was the longest and most important seeming match on a poorly-paced and largely forgettable show. Taker/Trips went nearly 30 minutes, could've done with losing 10 and was just complete overkill by the end - but it was preceded by 20 minutes of awful JR vs Cole nonsense and followed by a throwaway mixed tag match and one of the worst WM main events ever. It seemed positively entertaining by comparison, rather than the long and drawn out mess it is in retrospect. The only matches worth a damn at WM27 were Orton vs Punk, Cody vs Rey and Edge vs Del Rio, and those last two could've done with more time.

DKehoe

Yeah, that match was fantastic, I posted a bit about it earlier in the thread;

It's easy to forget just how good a lot of the CHIKARA guys are, but that match showed it perfectly.

Yeh, it was you saying that which reminded me to watch it. I'm currently on 3.0 vs Donst and Jakob. Chikara shows are always such fun, been entertained by all the matches so far and they are paced really well.

Downhome

Alright, I've had Charter cable since October but I have yet to order a PPV. I've been searching for Wrestlemania all month to see if it was listed in the PPV listings and I finally found it this morning, but it's listed from 5-3a 04/01 with a price of just $9.99. Both the SD and HD versions are listed the same way. Is this some sort of special, a price mistake, or a listing for some sort of pre-show or something? Just a heads up in case this was a mistake by someone.

I'm ordering the show regardless of the price, so I did put my order through. It shows up with the dollar sign so I'm assuming that meant it went through. Now to see if they stealth change the price on me.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So since Wrestlemania time is upon us i've been in the mood to watch previous WM matches, oh it was all going so well until today when I decided I would rewatch what WWE would like to call the "greatest match in WM history", last years HHH/Taker match.

Why is this match held in such high regard again? going from watching Taker/HBK at WM25 to this was almost painful, it's the finisher fest to end all finisher fests, after about 5 minutes it turns into a big move, lengthy recovery time, big move, lengthy recovery and so on in that fashion for the matches duration. Now I remember why I was so opposed to this years rematch, another huge chunk of WM is going to be devoted to watching 2 men lie on the canvas to oversell the damage of their repeated signature moves for like 40 minutes.
The final segment (which equates to like 15 minutes on the whole, 10 of which consist of Taker's nap time) is basically burying time as HHH fires off multiple finishers including finisher theft like he's got a full stock of stored finishers in the older SD games, repeatedly hits Taker with a chair and laughs in the face of Undertaker's chokeslam attempt by shaking his head in disgust at taker's feeble grip, yet he still looks like crap because Taker is kicking out of everything anyway, and after all of that Trips stumbles into hells gate and gets choked out.....only to be better off that Taker a minute or two later. Not even the addition of J.R can add much to this match cause there's only so much he can talk about when nothing is really happening.
I'm almost hoping this years match starts off with HBK superkicking HHH and Taker immediately pins with a fast counting HBK. But hey maybe they can pull off something more like WM 17 instead so here's hoping, just think that back then the whole corner ten punch into last ride was actually a new and unique idea.

Also WWE replaced Taker's Johnny Cash entrance theme with the usual Taker dirge of increasing boredom, curses!
That would be fucking amazing.

Kaladin

Bootaaay, make sure you watch the rest of that second Chikara show. UltraMantis Black vs Colt Cabana was the highlight of the evening for me. Great comedy, great wrestling.

Bootaaay, make sure you watch the rest of that second Chikara show. UltraMantis Black vs Colt Cabana was the highlight of the evening for me. Great comedy, great wrestling.

Yeah, I posted about that match above, really enjoyed everything Colt did and I love how perfectly the British style he often employs works in tandem with his comedy shtick. Vin vs Kingston was a pretty good brawl, but I hope that isn't the last we see of Vin in CHIKARA.

Because it was the longest and most important seeming match on a poorly-paced and largely forgettable show. Taker/Trips went nearly 30 minutes, could've done with losing 10 and was just complete overkill by the end - but it was preceded by 20 minutes of awful JR vs Cole nonsense and followed by a throwaway mixed tag match and one of the worst WM main events ever. It seemed positively entertaining by comparison, rather than the long and drawn out mess it is in retrospect. The only matches worth a damn at WM27 were Orton vs Punk, Cody vs Rey and Edge vs Del Rio, and those last two could've done with more time.
You know I never really digested how much of a let down WM27 was until now, though I did also rewatch Rhodes/Mysterio which is still an enjoyable match, commentary was horrid though since Cole and King were in full blown idiotic rivalry mode.
At least I can feel safe in saying that there's no way WM28 should end up worse.

That would be fucking amazing.
Alternatively HBK superkicks HHH out of the cell door as he enters, tears off his ref shirt and wrestles Taker for a third time in the smuggling banana shorts, meanwhile Trips spends the match trying to break into the cell like it's looney tunes and everything keeps going wrong. I'm kind of surprised how much anti-hype I ended up giving myself for the HIAC match in the attempt to actually get hyped up by rewatching the previous years match, i'm genuinely more excited for Rhodes/Show at this point.

G-Fex

Ok besides a few wrestling DVD's i'm picking up at FYE for cheap tomorrow, what Chikara (are there dvd's?) Should I get? I just want to try one first.

shit maybe I should pick up that Shawn Michaels DVD

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You know I never really digested how much of a let down WM27 was until now, though I did also rewatch Rhodes/Mysterio which is still an enjoyable match, commentary was horrid though since Cole and King were in full blown idiotic rivalry mode.
At least I can feel safe in saying that there's no way WM28 should end up worse.

Alternatively HBK superkicks HHH out of the cell door as he enters, tears off his ref shirt and wrestles Taker for a third time in the smuggling banana shorts, meanwhile Trips spends the match trying to break into the cell like it's looney tunes and everything keeps going wrong. I'm kind of surprised how much anti-hype I ended up giving myself for the HIAC match in the attempt to actually get hyped up by rewatching the previous years match, i'm genuinely more excited for Rhodes/Show at this point.
I've said it before, I'm just waiting for Kane & Taker to formally retire, so I can stop watching. Then, you'll be the only sane person left in these threads Owl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom