• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Good write-up, Nocturn. That pretty much sums up what everyone said on here last year. A decent finisher/near fall-fest with some okay spots and a shitty ending that only ended up seeming better than it was because of how crappy the rest of the card was (even Rock was shit that night) and the ridiculous overhype on Raw afterwards.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Looking at CM Punk's twitter... Has he been looking round the basement of Titan Towers?

Can't believe they have so many old props and fixtures.

I'm sure that Thunder logo could get some use. Rename Superstars!

G-Fex

Looking at CM Punk's twitter... Has he been looking round the basement of Titan Towers?

That's so fucking cool. I'm assuming Vince hates everything WCW related so he won't use that stuff :(

Ok besides a few wrestling DVD's i'm picking up at FYE for cheap tomorrow, what Chikara (are there dvd's?) Should I get? I just want to try one first.

I don't know if CHIKARA DVDs are actually stocked in any retail shops, you'll probably have to order online via www.smartmarkvideo.com - however, if you're looking for a good introduction to CHIKARA any of the annual Trios Tournament shows, Anniversario shows or CHIKARASaurus Rex shows are probably the best starting point for someone who wants to try out the product. Either that, or the Season 11 premier 'The Thirteenth Hat' from January.

RBH

AoR6AMbCMAAxinw.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/CMPunk/status/181404028750671872

Rummaging through the basement of Titan Towers would be amazing.

I'd steal borrow the entrance set from WCW Saturday Night.

I've said it before, I'm just waiting for Kane & Taker to formally retire, so I can stop watching. Then, you'll be the only sane person left in these threads Owl.
With those two gone I wouldn't even have any supernatural segments left to try and defend, oh the humanity!

Good write-up, Nocturn. That pretty much sums up what everyone said on here last year. A decent finisher/near fall-fest with some okay spots and a shitty ending that only ended up seeming better than it was because of how crappy the rest of the card was (even Rock was shit that night) and the ridiculous overhype on Raw afterwards.

This reminds me, as solid as the spinebuster through the table spot was I have to wonder just what Undertaker was supposed to be doing, a running tackle through the table? I can only imagine that various wrestlers contracts were at risk unless they recorded footage of them saying how great the match was.

Carnby

My patience has run out. I don't plan on watching WWE after WM. I'm sick and tired of their bad booking of talented wrestlers.

My biggest gripe is how many times WWE has hit the "reset button" this year.

Punk steals the title from WWE! Best angel ever! RESET. Punk returns in two weeks.

Punk starts feuding with Cena, and it's pretty damn good. RESET HHH and Punk are feuding. Cena feuds with Mr. Mexican Millionaire.

Punk starts a Mr. McMahon like feud with Johnny. Mr. Excitement comes clean and admits he will screw Punk out of the title. RESET! HHH threatens to fire Johhny and he calls the match clean. End of feud.

After months of build up, Cena and Eve have become accidental heels while Zack is taking the brunt of the punishment. RESET! Cena over comes the odds, and the next week Eve says she was using Zack and Cena.

WM prediction, RESET style: Miz helps Rock or Cena win the match. Rock or Cena turn heel and form an alliance with Miz. Next night on Raw (RESET!) Rock or Cena betray Miz and all is well in WWE Universe.

DKehoe

Yeah I meant online (obviously they don't carry Chikara retail).

Ok thanks Bootaay.

I hope I'll enjoy it.

Hope you do. Chikara is a lot of fun and are doing something different than everyone else. More people on WrassleGAF should check them out.

G-Fex

Let's just stick with the Tori dress like him part. Triple H fucking a mannequin never happened.

Right o

And Tori did look good during that time.
Hope you do. Chikara is a lot of fun and are doing something different than everyone else. More people on WrassleGAF should check them out.

I can't wait, I'll probably get a chance to watch them after i'm done making storylines for tomorrow's show.

I already know I'm going to be a big fucking Chikara mark.

bart jr

Neo Member
I think the next Wrassle GAF viewing party needs to be that New Jack dvd, holy shit! I remember meeting him at an indie event when I was like 16 just hoping I didn't say or do anything stupid where he would want to beat my ass.

I'd really like to check this out, but due to past experiences I'm skeptical. I bought a New Jack shoot dvd a few years ago(I don't remember the name, and I'm at work so can't check my dvds), and it was pretty awful. There were a lot of comedy segments that just came off forced and unfunny. I think the few minutes shown in the clip posted earlier was better than the whole dvd I bought, haha.

Judderman

drawer by drawer

That reminds me, when the hell are they going to have Old School Raw again?

rvd2kewl

Is it confirmed that The Rock's going to be at Summerslam? I remember reading that he'll be at the big PPVs after Wrestlemania.

Probably won't be confirmed until somebody starts calling him out during the summer, but with Summerslam being in LA again this year I kind of expect him to be there.

If Cena turns at Mania (looking doubtful now IMO but lets roll with it), since Rock is doing Raw the next night and then disappearing for a few months to film two more movies, it wouldn't shock me at all to see him come out on Raw and lay the groundwork for the rematch at Summerslam. Obviously they've booked it well in advance before, wouldn't be surprised if they did it again.

That would give Summerslam a HUGE main event already and if WWE wanted to, they could go through the summer again with Punk vs. Cena for the WWE Championship but this time it's face Punk vs. Heel Cena so it's fresh. From there, you'd expect Cena to go into Summerslam with the championship so it's Rock vs. Cena for the title, but with more of a face/heel divide this time around as well.

NoRéN

Despite the sing alongs, drawn out promos, etc. everyone is at least happy that Cena is out of the main eventchampionship picture, right?

DMczaf

Is it confirmed that The Rock's going to be at Summerslam? I remember reading that he'll be at the big PPVs after Wrestlemania.

If he does, he better damn well feud with someone who will turn heel or is already a heel. I don't need another Cena/Rock in my life. No one does.

DMeisterJ

Banned
NoRéN;36147796 said:
Despite the sing alongs, drawn out promos, etc. everyone is at least happy that Cena is out of the main event picture, right?

Cena's main eventing Wrasslemania. It's nice that he's not in the WWE title picture, but he definitely will be once Rock is back on set of whatever movie.

NoRéN;36147796 said:
Despite the sing alongs, drawn out promos, etc. everyone is at least happy that Cena is out of the main event picture, right?

The hell you talkin bout, dawg? Rock/Cena IS the main event picture. They get multiple segments/recaps on Raw, they've ended Raw for weeks now, and will be the main event at WM. If you're implying the WWE Title is still the "main event picture," even Taker/HHH is in front of that. Punk/Jericho is 3rd "most important" on the card. The main event picture is wherever John Cena happens to be.

NoRéN

The hell you talkin bout? Rock/Cena IS the main event picture. They get multiple segments/recaps on Raw, they've ended Raw for weeks now, and will be the main event at WM. If you're implying the WWE TItle is still the "main event picture," even Taker/HHH is in front of that. Punk/Jericho is 3rd on the card.

I meant title picture. Sorry.

So, despite Cena/Rock coming on after both championship matches, good thing that he's not having a match for the belt?

Think he'll be back in the championship race after Mania?

DMczaf

It wouldn't surprise me if Punk/Jericho goes on before the Raw/Smackdown Tag Team Match Playa.

How is Teddy Long a face?! All he does is physically attack people and use really terrible insults. He's the black Cena who's not named Darren Young.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It wouldn't surprise me if Punk/Jericho goes on before the Raw/Smackdown Tag Team Match Playa.

How is Teddy Long a face?! All he does is physically attack people and use really terrible insults. He's the black Cena who's not named Darren Young.

What about Darren...

Oh dammit, DM. I see your stealth edit!

NoRéN

Cena's main eventing Wrasslemania. It's nice that he's not in the WWE title picture, but he definitely will be once Rock is back on set of whatever movie.

How do you think they will work him back into the championship race?

If Cena does have a heel turn at Mania, would that make a difference to any of you as far as him going for the belt?

NoRéN;36147987 said:
I meant title picture. Sorry.

So, despite Cena/Rock coming on after both championship matches, good thing that he's not having a match for the belt?

Well.........I guess?.............The WWE doesn't really mean anything unless it's treated how it should be though, so it really doesn't make a difference if Cena there or not. I just look at it as "Thank God it's Punk/Jericho instead of Punk/Jericho/Cena."

NoRéN;36147987 said:
Think he'll be back in the championship race after Mania?

Of course he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom