• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Oh look everyone, someone who thinks they know better.

Oh look, it's the guy who fights with people on the internet about where a thread belongs.

Because once you go to Community, new thread participants become very rare. GAF mods complain about insular threads, and then dump them in a part of the forum where they become even more insular. It's a terrible answer to a problem that doesn't even exist.

Thanks NBA-GAF.

I get that the decision makes no sense, but the important thing is that the thread continues to exist, and it obviously will. Why does it matter what some tab at the top of the page says?

DMczaf

I get that the decision makes no sense, but the important thing is that the thread continues to exist, and it obviously will. Why does it matter what some tab at the top of the page says?

It matters if it effects the quality of the thread. I don't want Wrassle GAF to just be the same people every week. We need NEW BLOOD.

fnAHp.jpg

G-Fex

Oh look, it's the guy who fights with people on the internet about where a thread belongs.

Oh you.

I don't care where Wrasslegaf goes, I only know as long as it's there where I can find it, I know it's where I can find my bestest friends.

[/audience goes aww]

Hug me you fool.

Kaladin

Crap, I forgot about that - it's usually taken anything between 5-12 hours before the replay goes up in the past, so I guess there's a chance that GFL might get the Friday show replay up before the Saturday show airs. Grrr, damn Gabe and his $1.99 price point - I was all prepared to watch ROH live and DGUSA on replay before he announced that.

Dragon Gate USA is the better product right now anyway.

RBH

It would be cool if someone in this thread could set up a Synchtube room where we do a marathon of the previous Wrestlemanias or set up a playlist of the greatest Wrestlemania matches.

Kaladin

I've got a job DJSandman

:(

And no money nor any way to get to a place like Miami.

So this means you're not going to be back in time for Master Level on Monday?

Master Level is tomorrow night right? I'll be here....I just won't be here for next week's NWA shows since I'll be at RAW and Smackdown.

Woo, just emailed GFL and they said the replay of ROH's Friday iPPV will be up no more than 2-3 hours after the event! Awesome.

Dragon Gate USA is the better product right now anyway.

Eh, I'm half with you on that - booking wise, I still think DGUSA is a bit of a cluster-fuck, and kind of hamstrung by whatever decisions the Japanese office make in terms of faction switches and heel turns, but Gabe has always known how to book exciting dream matches, like Low Ki vs Pac & Mochizuki vs Tozawa, etc.

Generally, although the ROH product isn't at it's best right now, I'm much more invested in the ROH storylines. Steen vs Generico, for instance, or O'Reilly vs Cole. Also, the whole Blind Destiny thing is pretty appealing (although, I admit that, beyond the fact that it should produce 4 great matches, I'm mostly interested because I'm hoping Davey drops the title to someone, Elgin preferably).

It would be cool if someone in this thread could set up a Synchtube room where we do a marathon of the previous Wrestlemanias or set up a playlist of the greatest Wrestlemania matches.

Poll the participants of Wrasslegaf for their favourite Wrestlemania matches and the top 10 become the playlist?

Kaladin

Fair enough.

Yes Master Level is tomorrow night.

Biggest event of the year. Marks the end of Season one of NWA

Actually, I might make it to next Monday's NWA show depending on how long it takes me to get out of RAW....I'll miss the first hour at most. I'll definitely miss Tues though.

RBH

Poll the participants of Wrasslegaf for their favourite Wrestlemania matches and the top 10 become the playlist?

Sounds good to me.

Some possible candidates off the top of my head:

Bret vs. Austin - WM13
Savage vs. Steamboat - WM3
Taker vs. HBK - WM25
HBK vs. Razor - WM10
Owen vs. Bret - WM10
Rock vs. Hogan - WM18
Austin vs. Rock - WM17
HBK vs. Jericho - WM19
HBK vs. Angle - WM21
HBK vs. HHH vs. Benoit - WM20
HHH vs. Taker - WM27
TLC match - WM17
HBK vs. Bret - WM12
Flair vs. Taker - WM18
Edge vs. Foley - WM22

Kaladin

Ordered by show:

Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat -- WrestleMania III
Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (Ladder Match) -- WrestleMania X
Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart -- WrestleMania X
Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart (Iron Man Match) -- WrestleMania XII
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart (Submission Match) -- WrestleMania XIII
Undertaker vs. Kane -- WrestleMania XIV
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Shawn Michaels (with Mike Tyson as the Special Enforcer) -- WrestleMania XIV
Kurt Angle vs. Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit -- WrestleMania XVI
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock -- WrestleMania XVII
Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudleys (TLC) -- WrestleMania XVII
Undertaker vs. Triple H -- WrestleMania XVII
The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan -- WrestleMania XVIII
Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho -- Wrestlemania XIX
Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar -- WrestleMania XIX
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit -- WrestleMania XX
Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle - WrestleMania XXI
Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair -- WrestleMania XXIV
Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels -- Wrestlemania XXV
Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels -- Wrestlemania XXVI
Undertaker vs. Triple H -- WrestleMania XXVII

That's a solid Top 20 for me.

Well since I got the list train rolling I should throw my hat into the ring as well.

HHH vs HBK vs Benoit (WM20)
The first Money in the Bank ladder match (WM21)
Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels (WM25)
Undertaker vs Kane (WM14)
Triangle Ladder Match (WM16)
Rock vs Austin (WM17)
Undertaker vs Batista (WM23)
Jericho vs HBK (WM19)
WM24 Money in the Bank ladder match (WM24)
Edge vs Foley (WM22)

There we go 10 matches from 10 different Wrestlemania events, yes I do have Taker/Batista up there, I watched it again earlier this week and was surprised by how good it is for a big man match.

Kaladin

Well since I got the list train rolling I should throw my hat into the ring as well.

HHH vs HBK vs Benoit (WM20)
The first Money in the Bank ladder match (WM21)
Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels (WM25)
Undertaker vs Kane (WM14)
Triangle Ladder Match (WM16)
Rock vs Austin (WM17)
Undertaker vs Batista (WM23)
Jericho vs HBK (WM19)
WM24 Money in the Bank ladder match (WM24)
Edge vs Foley (WM22)

There we go 10 matches from 10 different Wrestlemania events, yes I do have Taker/Batista up there, I watched it again earlier this week and was surprised by how good it is for a big man match.

Forgot about Jericho vs HBK, adding that to the list.

bjork

WrassleGaf doesn't make a separate thread for every PPV. Plus people come in outside of the regulars for every RAW, would you expect us to make a thread every Monday night? The MMA comparison is invalid because we get more activity from non regulars than they do.

Back in the good old days, this was a weekly thread.

If you are gonna fight Cena, you might as well just lay down in the middle of the ring finger poke of doom style, because you ain't winning the match.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You were playing in a game with two scrubs, and two guests.

It's nothing to be proud of.
You know it speaks miles of how much of a tool you can be to try and bring me down in my hour of happiness. So I'm going to ignore this comment seeing as how Reach's sandbox allows scrubs and guests easy opportunidad to get cheap kills.

And if it were so easy you'd have 100 yourself.

You know it speaks miles of how much of a tool you can be to try and bring me down in my hour of happiness. So I'm going to ignore this comment seeing as how Reach's sandbox allows scrubs and guests easy opportunidad to get cheap kills.

Damn, he got Plywood so pissed off he snapped into Prrrrican Mode.

DMeisterJ

Banned

You know what Ply, I respect you too much to bring you down from your high to reality, so I digress. Your skillz in Halo: Reach are amazing, and I'm simply honored to be able to post in the same thread that you post in. I'm sorry I ever questioned them, and I apologize for my tool-ness. It's only because I wish I was as good as you in Halo: Reach.

Damn, he got Plywood so pissed off he snapped into Prrrrican Mode.

Oh, I didn't even notice that. I guess my spanish classes in HS paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom