• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Chikara is awesome.

The show in Vaughan tonight was amazing. Best wrestling show I've ever been to.

Just some quick thoughts:

- Sara Del Ray, is awesome and quite attractive in person.
- Match of the night was Dasher Hatfield and Archibald Peck. Before the match, Hatfield went to where me and my friends were standing and posed in front of us. It was awesome, and I'm pretty sure I'll be on the DVD.
- I don't get Eddie Kingston. His match with Ophidian was just slaps and chokes.
- I also don't get 3.0. Compared to F.I.S.T they didn't seem great. Taylor is amazing though. So charismatic.
- Tim Donst is also amazing. I really liked him. He was funny with his crowd interactions.
- The 4 corner elimination match was really good. They brawled on the outside a lot, and Mantis was suplexed onto steel steps in front of my group. Will be on the DVD at that part too. I hope.
- Brody Lee is also really good. He looks filthy in person.
- I did start to get mask fatigue during the show. There are a lot of masked guys, and it would be nice to see some more maskless guys. It got especially confusing when
more ants replaced Los Ice Creams in the four corner match
- It was cool that the wrestlers stayed after and greeted fans. They seemed really nice.

All in all it was a really good show. Of the five people I went with, I was the only wrestling fan, but they all loved it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
funkystudent posted this in the Farcry 3 box art thread:

FHH1sl.jpg

G-Fex

Well besides Snitches and stuff, I guess the other thing is gaming side. I really sometimes want to post something but its a waste, but I figure Id get banned for talking shit about some little mark's favorite developer.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Yeah, a few of us were banned that night.

Trying really hard to not be bitter about it, but it's kind of ridiculous that one person can get 3-4 people banned for a month for relatively benign posts.

wait, you know who the snitch was?

and wtf at those gifs? wrasslegaf hasnt come close to some of the shit thats been posted....

So Chikara is awesome.

The show in Vaughan tonight was amazing. Best wrestling show I've ever been to.

Just some quick thoughts:

- Sara Del Ray, is awesome and quite attractive in person.
- Match of the night was Dasher Hatfield and Archibald Peck. Before the match, Hatfield went to where me and my friends were standing and posed in front of us. It was awesome, and I'm pretty sure I'll be on the DVD.
- I don't get Eddie Kingston. His match with Ophidian was just slaps and chokes.
- I also don't get 3.0. Compared to F.I.S.T they didn't seem great. Taylor is amazing though. So charismatic.
- Tim Donst is also amazing. I really liked him. He was funny with his crowd interactions.
- The 4 corner elimination match was really good. They brawled on the outside a lot, and Mantis was suplexed onto steel steps in front of my group. Will be on the DVD at that part too. I hope.
- Brody Lee is also really good. He looks filthy in person.
- I did start to get mask fatigue during the show. There are a lot of masked guys, and it would be nice to see some more maskless guys. It got especially confusing when
more ants replaced Los Ice Creams in the four corner match
- It was cool that the wrestlers stayed after and greeted fans. They seemed really nice.

All in all it was a really good show. Of the five people I went with, I was the only wrestling fan, but they all loved it.

Glad to hear you enjoyed last night. CHIKARA always puts on a fantastic show and it seems last night was no different. I heard that close to 300 people might have been at the show are those estimates close? Would be quite impressive for the Canadian debut.

Also this is my new favorite picture ever!

linking because the pic will spoil the show for you

G-Fex

I already told you guys who the snitch was. Gosh.

Yeah speaking of snitches and turning heel. Darkside here ladies and gentlemen has turned heel and advicated us by suggesting we be put to community section.

NOT ONCE, but Several Times in the now locked announcement thread.

Traitor.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah speaking of snitches and turning heel. Darkside here ladies and gentlemen has turned heel and advicated us by suggesting we be put to community section.

Traitor.

Ladies and Gentlemen of Wrasslegaf let me explain myself.

I believe Wrestling is one of the highest forms of Sports Entertainment. It deserves to be stickied along the likes of the other major professional sporting leagues.

I am not a snitch. Perhaps I am a heel, I seem to be hated here :(

But I was only doing what I did in the interests of WrassleGAF. As it is now we are essentially on par with the PGA and MMA. Nobody cares about that garbage. Wrasslin should be on the same pedestal as the NFL and the NBA.

Before I moved here, the previous apartment allowed satellite dishes, but my balcony faced the opposite direction where the dish had to be pointed to. The line of sight was blocked by a roof.

Earlier this week, I saw myself on a Nitro on Sto's stream. I was such a mark for WCW Live.

Wow, that's got to be even more frustrating. I still hold out hope that a decent cable company will appear, someday.

Really, you saw yourself from back in the day? That's pretty cool.

Traitor.

So what would you have us do, G-Fex? Would you have us fight the mods, fight the detractors, just to stay in an ailing section of the forums? How many more people have to suffer because of your damned card games ambition!?

G-Fex

I believe Wrestling is one of the highest forms of Sports Entertainment. It deserves to be stickied along the likes of the other major professional sporting leagues.

But I was only doing what I did in the interests of WrassleGAF. As it is now we are essentially on par with the PGA and MMA. Nobody cares about that garbage. Wrasslin should be on the same pedestal as the NFL and the NBA.

I don't believe you lies are a part of your game?

So what would you have us do, G-Fex? Would you have us fight the mods, fight the detractors, just to stay in an ailing section of the forums? How many more people have to suffer because of your damned card games ambition!?

ILL DO WHAT I KNOW IS BEST FOR MY CARD GAMES AND WRASSLEGAF DAMNIT. I HAVE MADE THIS THREAD COOL AGAIN, ILL DO WHAT I AM SWORN TO DO.

I dunno lol.

NWA thread in community, might as well bring over the Wrasslegaf.

Jamie OD

Here's the huge AJPW Sumo Hall show from last Tuesday, featuring BJW's Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi defending the All Asia Tag Titles against Suwama & Takumi Soya, Kenny Omega defending the World Jr. Heavyweight Title against Shuji Kondo and Yuji Nagata taking on Masayuki Kono in All Japan's 2nd ever cage match. Plus, Satoshi Kojima goes up against Seiya Sanada, AAA's Dark Ozz & Cuervo defend the World Tag Titles against Takao Omori & Manabu Soya, and in the main event Pro-Wrestling NOAH's Jun Akiyama defends the AJPW Triple Crown against Keiji Mutoh.

AJPW "40TH ANNIVERSARY YEAR PRO-WRESTLING LOVE IN RYOGOKU VOL. 14", 20.03.2012
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan
9,000 Fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x1zis0/

Ton of great stuff on this show, definitely check out the All Asia Tag title mach, the Jr. Heavyweight Title match, the Cage death match, Kojima vs Sanada and the Triple Crown main event. Omega & Kondo really bring it, awesome match, while Akiyama drags a pretty good main event from Mutoh.

I give this show the highest of recommendations. Everything from the All Asia Tag Title match onwards is fantastic.

I give this show the highest of recommendations. Everything from the All Asia Tag Title match onwards is fantastic.

Seriously. It really was just excellent stuff once the openers were out of the way. SUGI vs Ronin, the crowd couldn't have cared less, although I liked Gillette nearly breaking his neck on the SSP in the first match. The All Asia match was awesome, just big dues (and Takumi) beating the crap out of each other. Really enjoyed Nagata vs Kono too, as it had a ton of heat and I love cage matches where it's more about containing the violence than trying to escape.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We don't need a sticky, and I doubt we're needed to go to the Community section. Big shits.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Leave now.

One week from today it's Wrestlemania! Rock vs Cena will be great, especially with the crowd reactions. Rumors are that HHH vs Undertaker will have blood and chairshots as they can get away with anything and not get in trouble, so the match might end up being better than expected. Jericho vs Punk should be great, but hopefully the alcohol stuff gets pushed alot harder this week on Raw. Jericho needs to do something really fucked up to Punk to add more to the match. Sheamus vs Bryan should be good. He's the best big man in WWE right now and Bryan is amazing as always. Hope Bryan retains. Team Johnny needs to win so Teddy can stay off tv. He should not be GM anymore. Overall an entertaining card, way better than last year. Raw this week should be huge too tomorrow night. Rock vs Cena special is on before Raw too and is supposed to be really good.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Leave now.

No. I'm not leaving.

Evilore - "People shoot the shit and talk about minor news items in the MMA official thread, and when there's a UFC PPV card they create a separate thread."

MMA is getting moved to community. There is no reason that WrassleGAF shouldn't join them. Sorry if this offends you or whatever.

Kaladin

No. I'm not leaving.

Evilore - "People shoot the shit and talk about minor news items in the MMA official thread, and when there's a UFC PPV card they create a separate thread."

MMA is getting moved to community. There is no reason that WrassleGAF shouldn't join them. Sorry if this offends you or whatever.

WrassleGaf doesn't make a separate thread for every PPV. Plus people come in outside of the regulars for every RAW, would you expect us to make a thread every Monday night? The MMA comparison is invalid because we get more activity from non regulars than they do.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
There's no Smackdown next week?

of course it is..just not a regular Smackdown tho....

Usually WWE tapes 2-3 matches after Raw to show on Smackdown with the rest of the show being live shots from the Wrestlemania city.

G-Fex

I saw these awesome "Classic" WWE action figures at my store, I really wanted the Sgt. Slaughter figure but.....I need a proper Hogan figure and Macho Man figure first.

Kaladin

of course it is..just not a regular Smackdown tho....

Usually WWE tapes 2-3 matches after Raw to show on Smackdown with the rest of the show being live shots from the Wrestlemania city.

Who needs Smackdown when you have a choice between a $1.99 Dragon Gate USA iPPV and a Ring of Honor iPPV.

I tried to get into MMA last year, as my friend has become a big fan, but I just can't do it - there's too much hugging and concern for their own safety for my liking and not enough KO's. Give me dangerous looking head-drops, big suplexes and dudes taking it in turns to chop/elbow/uppercut the crap out of each other.

BoboBrazil said:
Team Johnny needs to win so Teddy can stay off tv. He should not be GM anymore

I'm not much of a fan of Teddy, but I'd prefer Team 'Tag Team Match Playa' to win so Mr. Excitement can focus entirely on managing his own stable of heels.

If there's one thing I dislike about WWE, other than the superman booking, lack of a tag division and joke of a divas division, it's that there aren't enough managers or stables (who don't end up getting fed to Cena and made to look like chumps).

Who needs Smackdown when you have a choice between a $1.99 Dragon Gate USA iPPV and a Ring of Honor iPPV.

Exactly this. Buy DGUSA for $1.99 and get both the Friday & Saturday ROH shows for $19.99, watch DGUSA live on Friday, watch the replay of the ROH show Saturday afternoon and then the 2nd ROH iPPV Saturday night. That's what I'm doing at least.

Kaladin

Exactly this. Buy DGUSA for $1.99 and get both the Friday & Saturday ROH shows for $19.99, watch DGUSA live on Friday, watch the replay of the ROH show Saturday afternoon and then the 2nd ROH iPPV Saturday night. That's what I'm doing at least.

The second ROH iPPV is in the afternoon (1pm bell time). The second Dragon Gate iPPV is in the evening......unless you're not planning on watching them live, in which case I think the GFL replay may take longer to go up than you think.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
No. I'm not leaving.

1. Wrasslin is not a sport.
  2. WrassleGAF fills up monthly threads very easily.

Why would we go to community to do the same old shit?

RBH

WrassleGaf doesn't make a separate thread for every PPV. Plus people come in outside of the regulars for every RAW, would you expect us to make a thread every Monday night? The MMA comparison is invalid because we get more activity from non regulars than they do.

Exactly.

XenoRaven

The fundamental issue with separate PPV threads is I'm not particularly convinced that wrestling PPV's draw very many people who don't watch the weekly show. So there's actually more interest and participation in the weekly shows than the PPV's. The PPV's are for the hardcore fans or idiots that actually shell out money for terrible programming. On the other hand, watching the NBA playoffs is still free, and garner more interest.

I'm not much of a fan of Teddy, but I'd prefer Team 'Tag Team Match Playa' to win so Mr. Excitement can focus entirely on managing his own stable of heels.

If there's one thing I dislike about WWE, other than the superman booking, lack of a tag division and joke of a divas division, it's that there aren't enough managers or stables (who don't end up getting fed to Cena and made to look like chumps).

Laurinitis can still win and have his stable. Having Teddy Long all over 2 shows is not what I want. It's bad enough having to see him on Smackdown. I'm hoping they still do the draft later in April too so some shuffling takes places and some new guys get brought up. All of April should be pretty exciting.

Kaladin

They really have got all the mileage they can out of Teddy Long as GM. I don't see anything fresh they can do with him on RAW. Mr. Exictement has much more upside and future as GM of both shows. It needs to happen.

The second ROH iPPV is in the afternoon (1pm bell time). The second Dragon Gate iPPV is in the evening......unless you're not planning on watching them live, in which case I think the GFL replay may take longer to go up than you think.

Crap, I forgot about that - it's usually taken anything between 5-12 hours before the replay goes up in the past, so I guess there's a chance that GFL might get the Friday show replay up before the Saturday show airs. Grrr, damn Gabe and his $1.99 price point - I was all prepared to watch ROH live and DGUSA on replay before he announced that.

BoboBrazil said:
I'm hoping they still do the draft later in April too so some shuffling takes places and some new guys get brought up. All of April should be pretty exciting.

Definitely, I can't wait to see how the new guys figure into things if they're brought up after Mania as expected.

Jamie OD

One little detail I loved from this week's Smackdown took place during the AJ Vs Bella match. AJ attempts to do La Mistica and Bryan outside the ring has a look on his face that says "When the hell did she learn that?" I'm thinking too much into it but it creates a nice dynamic of Bryan being offended by AJ knowing more than just what he teaches her.

DMeisterJ

Banned
ugh.

Why are people arguing forum topics in this thread, and why do people care so much where threads they don't participate in go?

Kids, the lot you.

smh SMH

DMczaf

ugh.

Why are people arguing forum topics in this thread, and why do people care so much where threads they don't participate in go?

Kids, the lot you.

smh SMH

Because once you go to Community, new thread participants become very rare. GAF mods complain about insular threads, and then dump them in a part of the forum where they become even more insular. It's a terrible answer to a problem that doesn't even exist.

Thanks NBA-GAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom