• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

CheerforCena.jpg

Cheer for Cena, kids. He's a man's man. Put that fame-seeking Dwayne in his place on Monday Night RAW.

In other news, Drew McIntyre's profile has been removed from the WWE Superstars section of WWE.com as a result of finally being fired from Smackdown. He will now be repackaged as some flamboyantly gay wrestler.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So, Taker had two surgeries while away, and he's much lighter than before. Apparently, whether he continues on or not depends on how well he holds up at WM. So, it's not certain whether he retires or not. He's holding out for a Kane match, I know it. Way to go deadman! You may lost the war, but you've won this battle!

EDIT: Come take a look at one of the worst booked matches in history. Who came up with these spots? lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggyqJzLGofY&feature=g-vrec&context=G2180881RVAAAAAAAAAA

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g334/UberTag/CheerforCena.jpg[/IG]

Cheer for Cena, kids. He's a man's man. Put that fame-seeking Dwayne in his place on Monday Night RAW.

In other news, Drew McIntyre's profile has been removed from the WWE Superstars section of WWE.com as a result of finally being fired from Smackdown. He will now be repackaged as some flamboyantly gay wrestler.[/QUOTE]
Both of those bits of news just make me incredibly sad.
[quote="SoulPlaya, post: 35691748"]So, Taker had two surgeries while away, and he's not much lighter than before. Apparently, whether he continues on or not depends on how well he holds up at WM. So, it's not certain whether he retires or not. He's holding out for a Kane match, I know it. Way to go deadman! You may lost the war, but you've won this battle![/QUOTE]
Due to how long he kept putting off his arm surgery, his arm will never be 100% again and will only continue to get worse. If he goes past 20-0, then I'll be shocked.

somedevil

So here is the updated wrestlemania card:

Rock vs Cena
Undertaker vs Triple H
Punk vs Jericho
Bryan vs Sheamus
Show vs Rhodes
Team Excitement vs Team Tag Team playa
Kane vs Orton

Possible Matches:

Beth vs Kharma/Stratus
Ryder match
Tag Team titles match

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It's funny becuase the same thing happened to The Rock, or rather, Rocky Maivia.
Well, Rock was getting booed when he faced Lesnar. It was his heel turn that brought people back. It happens to every big guy in the WWE. It's just that, not since Hogan has someone been the "man" for this damn long. Rock, Stone Cold, HBK, Hart were only on top for a few years, not 7 years.

Very emotional viewing for me with Shawn vs. Bret DVD

My hunches were correct BACK then, Hunter was directly involved with the screwjob.

I wasted time and breath (actually typing) with all you same peple who have now magically changed your mind about Hunter.

I stopped watch because of him, and it was clear that he fucked up the entire industry.

What a great DVD by the WWE.

WWE dont have a clue what they want to do with Cena anymore.

They spend a good part of the last 12 months making it cool for casual fans to boo him.

Now all of a sudden they want to get everyone to cheer for him again after a year of guys like Punk and Rock and Kane making him look like the chump most internet fans always saw him as.

Its a perfect time for a dramatic character shift but that isnt gonna happen.

Will be interesting how things go post mania. My guess is Punk vs Cena in Chicago 2 at Extreme rules (1th PPV after mania) and Cena gets the belt back because FUCK YOU!

Maybe they tease a rock vs Cena rematch or the rumors of best 2 out of 3 with the final decider at next mania and a match at Summerslam or SS is actually true.

Kaladin

Sadly this is what will happen, This years Mania will not build any new stars. The only top guys on Raw after Mania will be Punk and Cena.

They are doing a lot to build Daniel Bryan's credibility with this year's Mania. He's the first person since Kevin Nash to debut at a Wrestlemania defending a major title.

They are doing a lot to build Daniel Bryan's credibility with this year's Mania. He's the first person since Kevin Nash to debut at a Wrestlemania defending a major title.

They have been protecting him very well. But i can also see them just making him curtain jerk and lose in a 5 min match. Ziggler will probably be in the tag title match :/ Rhodes is stuck with show :/ and Ryder is stuck in the eve storyline with no opponent :/ The undercard is horrible for this years mania.

but the meaning of major title in the WWE these days means shit.

the WHC is pretty much the intercontinental title of the 90s.

the WWE title is still the real title but even that isnt main event worthy on its own anymore according to recent PPV's.

somedevil

Yeah, whoever is in charge of his storyline and promos have helped create one of the top heels the company has. Also, this potential wrestlemania card is alot better than last years.

- Last night, one of the WWE equipment trucks ran off the road near Pulaski, NY. It was one of the trucks with a photo of The Miz on the side.

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

The Miz is literally botching everything.

Linkified

I just had a horrable idea.

Team Ace beats team tag team match at mania.

Then Triple H announces he is retiring from in ring action after beating taker and is taking over the Raw GM spot the night after mania.

Laurinaitis now Smackdown only.

I just gotta say people get disgusted about my absurd WWE booking but that idea is on a level far worse than anything I ever delivered to WrassleGAF.

but the meaning of major title in the WWE these days means shit.

the WHC is pretty much the intercontinental title of the 90s.

the WWE title is still the real title but even that isnt main event worthy on its own anymore according to recent PPV's.

I can't believe they put the Cena match over the WWE title Chamber match. On the Elimination Chamber PPV. There was no reason for it either, no one got involved, no major spot that needed it to be the final match, NOTHING.

- Last night, one of the WWE equipment trucks ran off the road near Pulaski, NY. It was one of the trucks with a photo of The Miz on the side.

I hear he tried to catch the truck, but to no avail.

I for one look forward to the Cenation Cena Clone storyline where Cena overcomes his clones.
And then he will have to overcome Tyrant-Cena.

I can't believe they put the Cena match over the WWE title Chamber match. On the Elimination Chamber PPV. There was no reason for it either, no one got involved, no major spot that needed it to be the final match, NOTHING.

Its weird and they have been doing it alot the last few years.

I mean Punk vs Triple H was the main event at night of CHAMPIONS!

When cena was having that pointless feud with Nexus that was the main event every PPV for no good reason as well.

I for one look forward to the Cenation Cena Clone storyline where Cena overcomes his clones.

I can hear the WWE voice over promo man now...
"But can Cena overcome the odds....of himself! WWE Cenation live this sunday"
WWE love their imposter/mimic storylines, no doubt this story comes about after Cena has successfully beaten everyone on the roster enough to ascend to his own tier within the company far above a mere title
*looks at EC match placement and W28 main event*
Okay so maybe he's there already

atomsk

Party Pooper
Boootaay and Pristine are probably the only ones who will care but rip doug furnas

I remember Furnas and Lafond, though only from their short WWF run

there was a false report a week ago that Timothy Well had died, but he's still alive

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Just like that truck swerved off the road, the Miz will swerve all of you. He will do something big at WM. Like destroy Alex Riley in a dark match.

ZeroRay

Oh man, that's awful if true - I loved the Can-Am Express :(

In remembrance, here's the Wrestling Observer's 5* rated Match of the Year for 1992;

The Can-Am Express (Doug Furnas & Dan Kroffat) (c) vs Kenta Kobashi & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi - (AJPW 05/25/92)

Part 1; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU2fW45YvOU
Part 2; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHbv5-iB9_0
Part 3; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xd5QPFtZLk

*edit, dat heat, and the crowd popping like crazy for anything Kikuchi does. Awesome stuff.

Oh man, RIP. Got introduced to Can-Am through that match.

Listen to that fucking crowd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom