• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

I don't. I think he's been ace for a while now. He's so fucking agile for a massive bloke. That spear on Khali at EC really took me by surprise.
I don't know, he did some things I liked at EC. Otherwise, I haven't taken a liking to Show since the 90's

The only thing that really annoyed me about the Big Show recently was his general no-selling of Bryan's striking offence - here you've got a guy who is not only sold as a dangerous striker, but his strikes, kicks in particular, look and sound more damaging than anyone else's on the entire roster, and Big Show just shrugs them off like nothing. I know he's a huge monster, but you can't sell a guy as a dangerous striker and then have Big Show completely no-sell a running forearm to the jaw. Sure, sell for a second and then look pissed off, prompting a commentator to yell "that's just making him madder!", but don't just no-sell completely.

Incidentally, I wish Bryan's title reign would have brought around more opportunities for him to wrestle someone his size who ISN'T Orton/Sheamus/Punk, as good as those Punk matches were. I would have loved to see Bryan actually look decisive in victory for once, against the likes of Swagger or Ziggler or Rhodes, to remind everyone that he is a dangerous and competent wrestler, and not just the little pipsqueak running from giants.

UberTag

God damn do I miss Cryme Tyme.
Me too Beef. Me too.

YO YO YO YO POP A 40 AND CHECK YA ROLLIE IT'S CRYME TIME!!!!
2567486351_1.jpg

Two guys at once? What a hoeski that Eve is!

Kaladin

Agree! Still my favorite Mania. You can pick out other shows that had better crowds or better matches, but from beginning to end 24 was my favorite.

I actually was going through some pics from the show today.

I was ringside sitting over by the bell ringer so you had a lot of celebs and wrestlers passing through during the show (Matt Hardy during his run-in, Kane when he snuck up on Chavo).

a8AyU.jpg

I put a few more together in an album here, including pics of Linda McMahon and John Cena Sr (both were sitting by us). Cena's dad was pretty cool during the show and even took a pic with my dad after the show. He was hilarious during Cena's match because HHH's dad was sitting in the row in front of him so they were trash talking back and forth all throughout the triple threat match.

Damn son. I can only dream to sit ringside at Mania one year. I was on the tv side at the 50 yard line in about row 2 of the actual seats of the arena and considered that the best seat I could ask for.

jmdajr

That Jake Roberts one was the first one I ever bought. And after that, my older brother began buying it every month. And he literally has every single issue, even when they split into "Raw" and "SmackDown" magazine, up to the current issue of WWE Magazine. No kidding. Probably every issues of the WCW and ECW mags too, as well as probably 10 years worth of PWI and other Apter mags. He also has several huge boxes of Jakks figures, MIB, stored away somewhere. Rings and such too. I think he bought the entire first 20 series and offshoots when they came out with those, and never opened them. It's a pretty amazing collection. Lots of random stuff too, like coloring books and things like that. A crapload of tapes too. He's probably sitting on an eventual gold mine, but I keep telling him to wait for another massive boom period to sell them off (if he ever does. I have to imagine they'll be way more valuable in another 20-40 years.) I need to go over to his house and take some pictures or something.

Most impressive

somedevil

Well if people want to get mad why there won't be any MITB at Wrestlemania this year just blame the Big Show:

Wade Barrett will be out of action for 3-4 months and will miss WrestleMania 28. Barrett underwent surgery on his dislocated elbow earlier this week and the injury is said to be far worse than originally expected.

Barrett's injury has caused major changes to WrestleMania 28 as the plan was to have Barrett win the Money in the Bank ladder match and carry the briefcase. WWE decided this week to pull the Money in the Bank match from WrestleMania 28 due to Barrett's injury.

pwinsider is the source.

I used to think that was the case too but apparently the rules changed in WWE a few years back.

Huh, I could've sworn Sheamus got disqualified for using closed fists in the corner, the ref warned him, counted to 5 and then disqualified him. Or perhaps that was because it was in the corner.

Even so, changing established rules to facilitate an otherwise-illegal finisher is dumb. It would be like getting rid of rope breaks so the Tarantula was a viable finisher.

Galvanise_ said:
So is Kane back at being a total loser again?

It's the Kane cycle - built up as a monster, knocked down as a joke. Look at the last big angle he had - he ultimately beat the Undertaker after a lengthy feud when Paul Bearer turned his back on the deadman, only to be placed in one of the worst 'big' feuds in recent memory against Edge.

So after his failed attempts to make Cena hate, he's going to be fed to Orton.

trunbuns

Huh, I could've sworn Sheamus got disqualified for using closed fists in the corner, the ref warned him, counted to 5 and then disqualified him. Or perhaps that was because it was in the corner.

Even so, changing established rules to facilitate an otherwise-illegal finisher is dumb. It would be like getting rid of rope breaks so the Tarantula was a viable finisher.

It's the Kane cycle - built up as a monster, knocked down as a joke. Look at the last big angle he had - he ultimately beat the Undertaker after a lengthy feud when Paul Bearer turned his back on the deadman, only to be placed in one of the worst 'big' feuds in recent memory against Edge.

So after his failed attempts to make Cena hate, he's going to be fed to Orton.
Yeah I think it's when in the corner or without response from the other competitor. I would wager it was in response to the popularity of MMA but that would be pure speculation.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Big Show should really retire. I look to change the channel anytime he shows up on the screen. Such an uninteresting character.

Can't they just KENNEDY IT? I want my MITB, damnit

Same. I was already lacking in hype for this year's WrestleMania (Jericho/Punk to quite easily steal the show, mark my words), and the lack of a MitB match really doesn't improve matters.

Because of the 5 count, not because of the punching.

Yes, but my point was that I wasn't sure if the 5 count started because of the continued use of closed fists or because Bryan was in the corner. The later, obviously, as Big Show gets away with closed fists on a regular basis.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
How is Matt Hardy doing these days?

He's not in rehab or jail now. He actually filled in as a guest host for the wrestling show on SiriusXM the day after the super bowl.

I doubt he'll ever be back in TNA or WWE at this point. Probably do high school gym shows until he overdoses in a couple of years.

edit wttttttffffffff Rock is going to be on Raw this week? I thought he was only doing the last Raw before Mania o_O

HBK and Rock on Raw this week....ugh

ugh WWE storylines...Vickie talking about how it's time a woman should be the GM of Raw and Smackdown..she already did that!

Kaladin

Matt Hardy will be in Miami as a High Spots vendor guest at Wrestlereunion. I won't be getting a photo or autograph from him though because I already got it at Wrestlemania 24.

Can't they just KENNEDY IT? I want my MITB, damnit

This reminds me how disappointed I was with Kennedy losing his MITB shot, I was pretty damn ecstatic when he won at WM23, funny thing is that his injury that caused him to drop it was in fact minor and only had him out for a few weeks, WWE jumped the gun on that one. (though i'm sure most people are fine with this)

But yeah I want my MTB match, I just watched the one which Del Rio won last year and it was pretty sloppy for the most part, WWE tend to try to hard with them nowadays by making a bunch of ladder structures/gimmick ideas that end up looking awkward and oddly executed. Regardless i'm always up for one.

Morgadeth

How so?

He's never really ever had a stupidly risqué gimmick. Always been 'Giant' or 'Goofy Giant'.

Can't think of a new gimmick for him except bring back the Snitzky one "Its not my Fault" one when he sends wrestlers to the sideline..

Ok I guess buh bye Slow. I still check out his apperance in the
Thong Song
...lol

roh-new-logo-crop-small1.jpg

ROH TV 2/25/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrLtrV-K0XU

ROH World Champion Davey Richards vs. ROH TV Champion Jay Lethal
The Young Bucks vs. Caprice Coleman and Cedric Alexander

Yeah. Still with the Davey Richards...

Last week's show was saved by Caprice Coleman and Cedric Alexander for me. Especially their promo, with the singing. I'm really starting to like these guys as a tag team. Not as much as #demboys, but right up there with the top teams I'm digging watching right now, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom