• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Cody cut a promo saying Big Show will become a verb meaning to fail, or choke, or an insulting noun. It ended with "I gotta take a Big Show".

It seems to have caught on quick
And this cements the fact that Kane is better than the Big Show. Get it WWE? Get it?

Lunchbox

Banned
Keeping people apart is actually one of the better ways to build buy rates. Why pay for the PPV if Jericho & Punk or Hunter & Taker or Rock & Cena have been physically pummeling each other for weeks on end? You guys must not remember the early days of Raw or the original WWF Superstars with local talent fighting the Superstars while the only build to PPV matches was in The Kings Court or The Heartbreak Hotel or in a little split screen promo while one guy was walking to the ring...

no, they hit each other, break others stuff up, interfere, drop monster trucks, spray milk but you dont give away the actual bell to bell match until the ppv. thats how you build any interest in the match in the first place.

not just via satellite bitch fights calling each other gay everyweek and saying whos got a bigger dick or a sluttier mom

Keeping people apart is actually one of the better ways to build buy rates. Why pay for the PPV if Jericho & Punk or Hunter & Taker or Rock & Cena have been physically pummeling each other for weeks on end? You guys must not remember the early days of Raw or the original WWF Superstars with local talent fighting the Superstars while the only build to PPV matches was in The Kings Court or The Heartbreak Hotel or in a little split screen promo while one guy was walking to the ring...

There's a difference between "physically pummeling each other for weeks on end" and ONE pull apart brawl. For two guys that supposedly don't like each other as much as they say they do, they show REMARKABLE restraint considering they're standing in a wrestling ring. I don't buy that these guys hate each other one bit.

So, everyone who retires from wrestling betrays the business. That's a nice message to send to anyone who might have been interested in the Hall of Fame. But Cena has no plans to betray the WWE; I guess he expects to go out like Raoh from HnK with one massive energy fist-pump towards the sky? Either way, harsh words from Cena - except he's smiling near the end, so it's all warm snuggles and fuzzies!

I can't believe I ran home to catch the last segment of Raw. That's 10 minutes of my life, gone; I'd say 15, but my eyes kind of glazed over near the end. I think I'll skip Wrestlemania and just skim over WrassleGaf's reactions to get the gist of the event.

Spoiler

same-old-crap-john-cena.jpg

So, everyone who retires from wrestling betrays the business. That's a nice message to send to anyone who might have been interested in the Hall of Fame. But Cena has no plans to betray the WWE; I guess he expects to go out like Raoh from HnK with one massive energy fist-pump towards the sky? Either way, harsh words from Cena - except he's smiling near the end, so it's all warm snuggles and fuzzies!

I can't believe I ran home to catch the last segment of Raw. That's 10 minutes of my life, gone; I'd say 15, but my eyes kind of glazed over near the end. I think I'll skip Wrestlemania and just skim over WrassleGaf's reactions to get the gist of the event.
Cena is gonna die in the middle of the ring. He's basically Misawa of the WWE already anyways.

I don't actually believe Cena is comparable to Misawa.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
no, they hit each other, break others stuff up, interfere, drop monster trucks, spray milk but you dont give away the actual bell to bell match until the ppv. thats how you build any interest in the match in the first place.

not just via satellite bitch fights calling each other gay everyweek and saying whos got a bigger dick or a sluttier mom
There are just such few guys that can story tell anymore through a match. It used to be an art passed down by the vets to the young guys, but now all they know are how to deliver the same cookie cutter promo, and develop a repeating moveset. WWE really needs to fix their developmental section, because it's destroying the in ring work.

I think the problem here is twofold:

A) Vince is petrified of one of these two getting injured.

B) The Rock absolutely sucks.

You must not remember the Attitude Era.

I'm 30 years old. I've been watching WWE since Wrestlemania X and I've missed approximately two shows in all those years. I remember the Attitude Era just fine.

Sucks D-Bry is gonna lose at WM in such a boring way, but I'm glad he can say he got to WM, and as champ even!

I'm not sure how they managed to make me so meh towards a product that has Punk and D-Bry being champions at the same time but there you go. :(

YES! YES! YES!

Cena is gonna die in the middle of the ring. He's basically Misawa of the WWE already anyways.

I don't actually believe Cena is comparable to Misawa.

More like the Hogan of this era without the huge popularity Hogan had in the 80s. Staying way past his prime, annoying the fuck out of everyone, and still going over everyone. WWE will no longer exist within 5 years.

I think the problem here is twofold:

A) Vince is petrified of one of these two getting injured.

B) The Rock absolutely sucks.

hey.

The rock was giving some pretty good promo's up until he left after last years mania.

Then all the CM Punk stuff happened and I guess by the time Rock returned WWE creative got tired of everyone burying Cena by pointing out legitimate problems fans have with him so they stopped doing that.

hey.

The rock was giving some pretty good promo's up until he left after last years mania.

Then all the CM Punk stuff happened and I guess by the time Rock returned WWE creative got tired of everyone burying Cena by pointing out legitimate problems fans have with him so they stopped doing that.

Eh... I was always more of an Austin guy.

dream

Bobo, I didn't watch Monday Night Raw SuperShow because why would I watch Monday Night Raw SuperShow? But I trust your judgement. Was it really that bad of a go-home show?

Lunchbox

Banned
Bobo, I didn't watch Monday Night Raw SuperShow because why would I watch Monday Night Raw SuperShow? But I trust your judgement. Was it really that bad of a go-home show?

yo is uconn doing good in womens basketball?

i think we get a day off if they win

UberTag

I remember when dream used to ask me for my opinion on Raw SuperShow.
I've been replaced by the Brazilian One. <sniffle>

TheNatural

My Member!
Yea, that is so shit

e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn6evTlk0EM (Austin - Rock WM 17)

Simple fucking buildup

Or, if for a match that is based on a personal feud:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rczcIhZYdQU (Austin - Rock WM 19)

Of course having JR helps immensely.

LOL it's crazy to think in today's wrestling that back then they would give away the first in ring match of Hulk fucking Hogan in WWF on RAW, much less have him BEAT Rock clean on a RAW with a big boot and legdrop.

If today's booking existed back then, you would get two weeks of promo videos and maybe one week of a stareoff to "build" that match. Instead, you had the same night the match was accepted it already getting physical and an actual match before Wrestlemania.

Kaladin

That was it......they just cut the same tired promo they've cut all through this build and didn't touch each other in the end? Really...Rock went through his normal spiel minus Twitter, Cena hit every point he's hit in a promo leading up to now, Rock says he doesn't like Cena and.....that's it?

I don't know what I was expecting but it was......more.

The only parts of RAW I really enjoyed were the opening match and the Punk/Jericho/Christian angle. That GTS on the steps looked brutal.

steveovig

Wow, this show sucked, really bad. Boring build-ups and no physicality for Rock/Cena, bleh. Considering this Mania is supposed to be so huge, the go-home show for it was awful. I'm starting to wonder about the buyrate for this thing. The Rock has become just another WWE superstar who gets a great reaction.

http://stevegraps.blogspot.com

If the point of a go home show is to drive people away from the product I guess it was good. Horrible Khali vs Henry match, bullshit diva match, Broadus Clay doing his some tired shit and squashing the same guy he already squashed again and still not being in a storyline or cutting a promo, no interaction or appearance on the show from HHH/Michaels/Undertaker besides a promo video, horrible Big Show match, squashing the tag champions, more Zack Ryder looking like a geek not knowing how to talk to women, and a boring tag match to begin the show. But, WWE did have time to have a fucking meeting telling wrestlers to use more WWE approved hashtags before the show, instead of actually booking a good show.

Wow, this show sucked, really bad. Boring build-ups and no physicality for Rock/Cena, bleh. Considering this Mania is supposed to be so huge, the go-home show for it was awful. I'm starting to wonder about the buyrate for this thing. The Rock has become just another WWE superstar who gets a great reaction.

http://stevegraps.blogspot.com

I'm really starting to doubt Rocks ability to help pull in massive PPV buys for Mania. It seems like this reaction has been getting worse each week.

steveovig

no interaction or appearance on the show from HHH/Michaels/Undertaker besides a promo video

To be fair, they didn't really need to do anything else for this match. They did the right thing by just showing the video of everything. That stuff was good enough that nothing else was needed (yea, I'm sure a ton will disagree but whatever).

To officerrob, I agree. He was good last year as a nostalgia thing but every time they had him on-air since then has diminished his draw. The same thing happened with Hogan after WM18.

The most exciting part of this WM won't happen for months. I want to see the buy rate. Would be GLORIOUS if it underperformed. They don't deserve a huge number for coasting on "DA ROCK" and "UNDAHTAKAH"

UberTag

"After Raw went off the air last night, John Cena left the ring and then The Miz came out. He demanded that The Rock give him an apology for stealing his WrestleMania spotlight last year. The Rock then told the fans to take out their cameras and phones and get ready to Tweet. He shook The Miz's hand and then gave him a Rock Bottom."

Source: Wrestle Zone

To be fair, they didn't really need to do anything else for this match. They did the right thing by just showing the video of everything. That stuff was good enough that nothing else was needed (yea, I'm sure a ton will disagree but whatever).

I agree. You can't build up on what happened last week. Otherwise it would become like Rock-Cena = same old shit every week for well an year now.

Lunchbox

Banned
is there any surprise in the card at all?

rock - cena
bryan - shemus
punk - jericho
taker - hhh

everyone knows whats gonna happen, theres no signature match that people dont know who might win

edit - team johnny/teddy.......there thats my mania match

I agree. You can't build up on what happened last week. Otherwise it would become like Rock-Cena = same old shit every week for well an year now.

Disagree. There should have been some questioning from HHH to HBK on why he was smiling at the end of the promo last night. They should have built up more of the relationship of HBK in the feud and will he or won't he screw Undertaker.

is there any surprise in the card at all?

rock - cena
bryan - shemus
punk - jericho
taker - hhh

everyone knows whats gonna happen, theres no signature match that people dont know who might win

Who is the winner of the 6 man tag team match Playa?

Disagree. There should have been some questioning from HHH to HBK on why he was smiling at the end of the promo last night. They should have built up more of the relationship of HBK in the feud and will he or won't he screw Undertaker.

I don't know. Let's not turn this into a full blown HHH-HBK feud.

The most exciting part of this WM won't happen for months. I want to see the buy rate. Would be GLORIOUS if it underperformed. They don't deserve a huge number for coasting on "DA ROCK" and "UNDAHTAKAH"
Who do you think will get the blame if Wrestlemania gets under 1 million? I'm pretty sure it won't be Rock, Cena, Undertaker, or Triple H... So that basically leaves Punk and Bryan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom