• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
The match and energy was fine.

The build was actually pretty stupid since they kept having to get Rock off TV to film the movie.

He got rammed by like an 18 wheeler.. and hit in the head with a hammer.

While stupid, I would have killed for something like that to have happened during this god awful Rock/Cena feud.

Its amazing that over the course of the 1 year build that NOTHING new was added to the feud.

Rock still hates Cena for the exact same reasons. Cena still hates rock for the exact same reasons.

No interesting angles happened. Nether character evolved. Nothing was tossed into the mix to spice things up. No epic moments that will live forever in epic video promo package form.

They just kept doing what they where doing leading to last years mania but now slowly removing any intensity that was once there.

Heck the RAW before mania 27 Cena AA'ed Rock...... That was the last time Cena laid hands on him wasn't it?

BFIB

That's the issue with booking the match so far in advance. With Rock being gone for a few months at a time, there's no way to carry the momentum.

If they really wanted to build it, they should have had Cena continue to taunt the Rock, then had Rock return at Survivor Series and lay out Cena. Much better than the twitter and facebook wars they were playing inbetween games of Words With Friends.

G-Fex

I admit Hall and Nash detracted, but I don't even remember them that much. I remember the stare downs, and the mixed crowd reactions. The way they played the crowd. I remember the first stare down how electric it was.

And of course the WM match which brought tears to my eyes.

HOGAN IS THE BEST

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGAAAAAAAAAAN

Anth0ny

YhCUy.jpg

I was certain this was how the show would end. They had the stare down and everything! How could they resist getting the Wrestlemania logo into the shot? And having Cena point at it?

While stupid, I would have killed for something like that to have happened during this god awful Rock/Cena feud.

Yeah I agree. This was so flat for so long. It lost steam last August, and SS kind of ruined everything.

If only Hogan were involved in a three way dance this Sunday!!!!!

I hope the Rock wipes the floor with that smirky punk this Sunday.

Every time Rock tries to get serious, Cena just laughs and smiles. Its stupid.

Penguin

That's the issue with booking the match so far in advance. With Rock being gone for a few months at a time, there's no way to carry the momentum.

If they really wanted to build it, they should have had Cena continue to taunt the Rock, then had Rock return at Survivor Series and lay out Cena. Much better than the twitter and facebook wars they were playing inbetween games of Words With Friends.

I think the main problem with the feud was trying to maintain a face/face dynamic. Neither one of them could become ultra douchey to the other.. so you had Cena make odd ball references to "Dwayne" from time to time, but he could never really go further than that.

If one was the clear cut heel here, or presented a heel persona, I think it could have worked out fine.

~Edit~
Saw this on Reddit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAZS8m3GhRg

Just goes to show JR commentary makes everything better.

confused

Banned
Reposting my earlier question :

I just found out I can order the Wrestlemania stream from WWE.com from where I am for just 15 Euros.

How is the quality of the stream ? Is it in HD ?

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Its amazing that over the course of the 1 year build that NOTHING new was added to the feud.

Rock still hates Cena for the exact same reasons. Cena still hates rock for the exact same reasons.

No interesting angles happened. Nether character evolved. Nothing was tossed into the mix to spice things up. No epic moments that will live forever in epic video promo package form.

They just kept doing what they where doing leading to last years mania but now slowly removing any intensity that was once there.

Heck the RAW before mania 27 Cena AA'ed Rock...... That was the last time Cena laid hands on him wasn't it?

Yup. Then Rocky did the Rock bottom to Cena at Survivor Series but of course, Cena no sold it and smiled because he respects the hell out of The Rock.

Hell, that fact that they haven't touched each other since then pretty much means we've actually regressed. This whole story has been told backwards for fucks sake.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Rock Vs Cena should have been last year when people still gave a shit. Imagine at the end of Rock's return promo last year he ended with "The Rock. John Cena. Wrestlemania 27. Never before. Never Again." I guarra-damn-tee you everyone from the Lil Jimmies to the jaded IWC would gladly have given their $50 for Wrestlemania that night.

Kaladin

Reposting my earlier question :

I just found out I can order the Wrestlemania stream from WWE.com from where I am for just 15 Euros.

How is the quality of the stream ? Is it in HD ?

I'd say the stream is broadcast quality. It's at least 720p HD. You won't notice a difference.

Oh right. That's pretty cool.

I would go to a PPV but I fear bad seats and bad show :(

Nothing you can do for a bad show (I went to WWE's December to Dismember), but my general advice for seats is anything in the lower section is generally good.

Kaladin

pwinsider said:
Randy Orton has officially signed to star in "Marine - Homefront" the third installment of the WWE Studios' Marine franchise. We had mentioned that Orton was the frontrunner for the film.
Production of the film will be kicking off 6/11 in Vancouver, British Columbia.

John Cena and Ted DiBiase starred in the previous editions.

In this new film, Orton will play a Marine trying to rescue his kidnapped daughter.

Marine: Homefront will be released straight to DVD.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Toki767

Since Booker T is in a match at Mania, I wonder if they're going to try to get JR on commentary to call the Taker/HHH and Rock/Cena match.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Eve Marie Torres is an attractive and intelligent woman. It is rude to insinuate that she is not only unintelligent but also a female adolescent.

I swear Show pinned JOMO. Show did a blind tag, JOMO jumped on the 2nd rope to do a springboard and Show fisted his face.

Actually you're right, I just figured Miz got the pin after the knock out punch but a quick gander at the ending reveals an elusive show pinfall victory at WM.

Penguin

So for Day 2 of my Mania articles wanted to do Top 7 WrestleMania storylines/build-ups

What would be on your list, aside from the amazing Rock/Cena build?

So for Day 2 of my Mania articles wanted to do Top 7 WrestleMania storylines/build-ups

What would be on your list, aside from the amazing Rock/Cena build?

In no specific order:

HBK vs Undertaker II
HBK vs Chris Jericho
HBK vs Ric Flair
Rock vs Austin WM17
Lesnar vs Angle
Guerrero vs Angle
HHH vs Batista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom