• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Best: R-Truth Being Helpful

Here is R-Truth’s attempt to break through Team Johnny’s defenses and save Peanut Head from being turned into Peanut Butter:
R_Truth_Just_Rolling_Around_WWE_Raw.gif

That’s right, he ran to the ring, jumped into the once place where there were still partially standing people, rolled off of them harmlessly, held David Otunga’s butt for a moment and then rolled over onto the ground. Nobody touched him, nobody hurt him, nobody prevented him from running like a foot to the left or right and helping … he just jumped once and laid his ass down.

Worst: Don’t Just Stand There Threatening Him All Day, Jesus

Teddy Long could’ve been shoot murdered at least 100 times between Mark Henry cornering him and Booker T showing up to save the day. I hope there was at least a conversation going on we couldn’t hear to explain why Henry was taking so long, like maybe Teddy was offering to put him in tag team matches are something and Henry needed clarification on when Long would pay his air bill. I don’t know. They should’ve gone the Pat Patterson route and had Teddy stall by offering Mark a condom. We know he’s got a history of sexual addiction.

Basically I just want this to end with Teddy Long getting mauled, and if Wrestlemania’s gotta have 30 minutes of Rock-speak and victories for Sheamus, Big Show and CM Punk, the least they can do is give Peanut Head the Verdict and stand over him triumphantly for a few seconds

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/03/the-best-and-worst-of-wwe-raw-32612

Kaladin

WWE.com has just gotten word that Ric Flair will be in attendance at the 2012 WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony at Miami's American Airlines Arena on Saturday, March 31.

On that night, The Nature Boy will gain a record second entry into the hallowed Hall. Only this time, Flair will be entering alongside his legendary Four Horsemen allies: Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham and JJ Dillon.

First inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2008 on the night before he faced Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXIV, The Nature Boy became the first active Superstar to ever receive the honor. The Dirtiest Player in the Game retired from the ring after losing to HBK on The Grandest Stage of Them All, but his legacy as one of the most respected and influential performers in sports-entertainment endures.

The induction ceremony, which will be held on the eve of WrestleMania XXVIII, will air on USA on Monday, April 2 at 8 p.m.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://www.wwe.com/classics/wwe-hall-of-fame/ric-flair-to-be-at-hall-of-fame

I hope someone in the crowd starts a TNA chant.

Kaladin

I'm sure it would be just as sad as Shane Douglas trying to start his ECW chant.

Nothing will be sadder than that.

Also, a fun fact: Shane Douglas's table at the Wrestlereunion luncheon is one of the least popular tables. The only tables that have as few people signed up to it are a table with Harry Smith and Diana Hart and a table with Molly Holly.

Nothing will be sadder than that.

Also, a fun fact: Shane Douglas's table at the Wrestlereunion luncheon is one of the least popular tables. The only tables that have as few people signed up to it are a table with Harry Smith and Diana Hart and a table with Molly Holly.

Who was ever a fan of Shane Douglas anyways?

When I read this, I thought I might have been at one point or another.....but no, I never really liked Shane Douglas.

I wonder if Shane had to pay someone to operate that iphone camera while he was at that Raw a few nights ago.

Hell, i wonder if people near him even recognized him while he was chanting ECW? I bet they just wanted to chant something.

Raw viewership went up, but final numbers aren't out yet. Probably gonna be a 3.3 or 3.2 depending how they round it. I would still think it has to be disappointing for them.

I wonder if Shane had to pay someone to operate that iphone camera while he was at that Raw a few nights ago.

Hell, i wonder if people near him even recognized him while he was chanting ECW? I bet they just wanted to chant something.
Shane Douglas could hit me over the head with a sign that said "I'm Shane Douglas" and I probably wouldn't recognize him. And I like to think I'm more knowledgeable than the average Raw attendee.

Why did Ric Flair re-sign with TNA this year anyway? I was under the assumption he was on a 2 year deal beginning in January 2010. Should have came back home to WWE.

Shane Douglas could hit me over the head with a sign that said "I'm Shane Douglas" and I probably wouldn't recognize him. And I like to think I'm more knowledgeable than the average Raw attendee.
If someone did that to me, I would honestly think that they were joking around and not ACTUALLY Shane Douglas.
I love how they still say he retired from the ring in 2004.
To be fair, the Flair that people like to remember DID retire in 2004 and didn't go to TNA and piss on his legacy.

You would think WWE would offer him 6 figures to come back for the network, tv in a legends deal. Lol, if Dixie is still paying him $500,000 a year, although Flair is one of the guys that negotiates directly with Spike so to them they probably don't think it's very much or have any clue.

Oh shit, RATINGS WENT DOWN

"The 3/26 WrestleMania go-home edition of Raw did a 3.04 rating, with 4,443,000 viewers. The show did hours of 2.96 and 3.12. The show did 10,000 more viewers in hour two than they did in hour one. Obviously, this isn't a rousing number for WWE. "

pwinsider.com

THEY ARE FUCKED

Razorskin

----- ------

"The 3/26 WrestleMania go-home edition of Raw did a 3.04 rating, with 4,443,000 viewers. The show did hours of 2.96 and 3.12. The show did 10,000 more viewers in hour two than they did in hour one. Obviously, this isn't a rousing number for WWE. "

pwinsider.com

THEY ARE FUCKED
Good.

You would think WWE would offer him 6 figures to come back for the network, tv in a legends deal. Lol, if Dixie is still paying him $500,000 a year, although Flair is one of the guys that negotiates directly with Spike so to them they probably don't think it's very much or have any clue.

No kidding. I don't understand why they let him walk in the first place. The dude has so much value. He could host shows, he could manage........My god the 1985 Ric Flair on the mic can't be dead I know he is in there somewhere.

Edit:good I am happy that the ratings went down. That show was disgusting!

pwinsider.com

THEY ARE FUCKED
Hey, they went up in the second hour! They've got momentum going into Sunday! /spin

I'd be REALLY interested in seeing how this rank among other pre-Mania Raws.

Ithil

pwinsider.com

THEY ARE FUCKED

BREAKING NEWS: Shit shows do not do good ratings. Good shows often gain more viewers. Do better shows.

They put NO effort into the builds. None. They deserve all the crap ratings/buys they get.

Kaladin

You know what the best part of a Cena/Rock II would be? We would get a real build to the match because they've already fought once and there is no sense in holding them back.

Kyoufu

pwinsider.com

THEY ARE FUCKED

Considering I turned it off before even Punk came on, you know it was bad.
KuGsj.gif

pwinsider.com

THEY ARE FUCKED

this the best day ever

Kaladin

TNA IMPACT WRESTLING Star Ric Flair® to Attend WWE Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Flair Confirms He Will be Present in Miami When the Four Horsemen Receive Their Hall of Fame Honor

CHARLOTTE, NC – (March 27, 2012) International celebrity the Nature Boy® Ric Flair is set to become the only wrestler in history to be inducted into the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Hall of Fame twice. Flair’s dominant 1980s wrestling group, the Four Horsemen, known to be the greatest in ring performers of all time, will be granted their seat in the Hall of Fame at a ceremony in Miami, FL on March 31st, the day before Wrestlemania XXVIII. Flair will be inducted along-side fellow members of the Four Horsemen: Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham, and J.J. Dillon.

The news of Flair’s second induction was followed by a firestorm of controversy. Questions flew about whether Flair would attend the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony as he is currently under contract with Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling. Understanding what a huge honor this is for Flair, TNA is graciously supporting him in the decision to attend the Hall of Fame ceremony alongside his fellow inductees.

“Being inducted once was one of the greatest accomplishments of my career, so I’m humbled and honored to be recognized again. I wouldn’t miss the ceremony for the world,” says Flair.

TNA President Dixie Carter says, “We are proud of Ric’s many accomplishments and contributions he has made to the world of professional wrestling and beyond. We wish to congratulate him on yet another honor he truly deserves.”

Flair, a 16-time World Heavyweight Champion, was inducted individually into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2008. On becoming a two-time inductee his agent Melinda Morris Zanoni of Legacy Talent and Entertainment says, “We are all so proud to be watching Ric continue to make history. There will never be an athlete more deserving of wearing two Hall of Fame rings than Ric Flair.”

Legacy Talent (who represents Flair) issued this press release with a comment from Dixie. Notice she doesn't mention WWE or the WWE Hall of Fame by name in her comment.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

pwinsider.com

THEY ARE FUCKED

Yeah, the buyrate is gonna be awful. Oh, well. As I said before they've over-exposed Rock. He should not have wrestled at Survivor Series or had that birthday shit.

They will be well and truly fucked after Mania when they've no longer got Rock, Jericho, Undertaker, HHH etc.

sajj316

Happy ratings went down ...

1. Why do I care about Big Show potentially failing again at Wrestlemania

2. Why are Sheamus and Bryan feuding over?

3. We get an hour special on Rock vs Cena and then get bits and pieces of this special during RAW. Easily 1.5 hours worth of Rock vs Cena material and no physical altercation

4. I don't care about Teddy or Johnny.

5. Orton and Kane. Feuding because Kane thinks he became human when shaking Orton's hands. What happens when Kane wins? Does he transform into a monster? If Orton loses, is he dead?

Penguin

Happy ratings went down ...

1. Why do I care about Big Show potentially failing again at Wrestlemania

2. Why are Sheamus and Bryan feuding over?

3. We get an hour special on Rock vs Cena and then get bits and pieces of this special during RAW. Easily 1.5 hours worth of Rock vs Cena material and no physical altercation

4. I don't care about Teddy or Johnny.

5. Orton and Kane. Feuding because Kane thinks he became human when shaking Orton's hands. What happens when Kane wins? Does he transform into a monster? If Orton loses, is he dead?

I remember mentioning number 2 the first time the two of them interacted. And all it would have taken was a single line from Sheamus about how he feels Bryan is an undeserving champion or a coward or something.

But nothing. Its been Sheamus is a contender, Bryan is the champion. Not much else to their feud. Which is sad.

They will be well and truly fucked after Mania when they've no longer got Rock, Jericho, Undertaker, HHH etc.

This is sort of the line of thinking that got them in trouble in the first place, they should be building new stars not digging these corpses (aside from Jericho) up whenever they think they need a hot ratings injection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom