• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

So how cheap of a ticket could one get at WM now?

Live in Orlando, I might do another WM if it's reasonable.

I think and from some review there hasn't been a good wrestlemania since 2008. This card has the potential to be great if matches are given enough time.

You can get them for under $40. Hell scalpers are unloading stock for under face value.

The amount of ticket left doesn't really matter. It will mostly sold out anyway. I don't see why its so important.

At the end of the day, the Gate for this mania will be the largest ever and that's all that matters. WWE however has a hard on for the word "sold out".

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
They will be well and truly fucked after Mania when they've no longer got Rock, Jericho, Undertaker, HHH etc.
Is Jericho not staying?

I hear he keeps doing good matches with Kofi; I'd like to see them go at it in a feud.

Happy ratings went down ...

1. Why do I care about Big Show potentially failing again at Wrestlemania

2. Why are Sheamus and Bryan feuding over?

3. We get an hour special on Rock vs Cena and then get bits and pieces of this special during RAW. Easily 1.5 hours worth of Rock vs Cena material and no physical altercation

4. I don't care about Teddy or Johnny.

5. Orton and Kane. Feuding because Kane thinks he became human when shaking Orton's hands. What happens when Kane wins? Does he transform into a monster? If Orton loses, is he dead?

1. That feud is actually more about Cody being awesomely assholish than it is about Show.

2. Sheamus wants the title and Bryan has it.

3. yeah, the Rock/Cena stuff is garbage. All of it.

4. Johnny Ace is a pretty great character.

5. Everything Kane has done since his return has been stupid and nonsensical.

So just watch Cody's promo and be done? That bad? Really?
It was a really garbage Raw. The only things that were good were Cody, how hilariously small Otunga's Team Johnny shirt was, and I guess the tag match at the beginning was decent if you want to look at some actual wrestling. Maybe.

It's like the wrestling equivalent of that Beck/Thurston Moore where they're both trying to show who gives less of a shit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdzY49xlvdY
What's amazing is that the crowd actually pops when Goldberg does that gorilla press slam, but they immediately go straight back to the boring plodding that proceeded it.

So just watch Cody's promo and be done? That bad? Really?
There's also David Otunga wearing a Team Johnny bib, but that's it. Really.

Striker

Is Jericho not staying?

I hear he keeps doing good matches with Kofi; I'd like to see them go at it in a feud.
Have Jericho put him over a few matches and beef his status up. Promptly after Jericho leaves again Kofi is dropped down to nowhereville and WWE continues its terrible cycle of not-creating-new-stars.

Pretty much what they did after Jericho-Bourne.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
He probably got fired for being too creative.

that and if the rock did say that, there would be no team cena, they want a split ...then again its in miami so maybe they should've done that, since i feel the Rock is gonna lose and Cena is going to beat the odds. Cant see Rock winning while Cena is the biggest star they have. Either way WWE fucked this up they cant change that Rock is the bigger star , they also cant change that the rock has his own life and cant be around wrestling every month. They shouldnt have announced this a year in advance. Maybe at the Rumble. This worked better when hogan came back it was a more even type of match up, hogan was clearly the biggest face when the business grew, and rock was huge when the business was on a huge roll. Since then things are diminished...and we know it , its like a one time cinderella champ going up against the dynasty franchise....

Imagine if after Mania last year Rock disappeared after rock bottoming Cena and wasn't seen again until the Rumble. Cena goes to throw Kane in the ambulance, Rock pops out of the driver seat, bam rock bottom. Kane wins. Next night on Raw, Rock comes out, says he is sick to his stomach of having to watch Cena every week, just can't take it anymore, and tells Cena at Wrestlemania it's on bitch. Rock isn't seen again until the night after Elimination Chamber when John Cena calls him out. Rock comes out, words get said, punches get thrown and then there is a huge pull apart brawl to end the show. Next Raw Laurinitis comes out and says that from that point forward they are banned from being in the ring at the same time until Wrestlemania. Somehow this seems easy to me?

Imagine if after Mania last year Rock disappeared after rock bottoming Cena and wasn't seen again until the Rumble. Cena goes to throw Kane in the ambulance, Rock pops out of the driver seat, bam rock bottom. Kane wins. Next night on Raw, Rock comes out, says he is sick to his stomach of having to watch Cena every week, just can't take it anymore, and tells Cena at Wrestlemania it's on bitch. Rock isn't seen again until the night after Elimination Chamber when John Cena calls him out. Rock comes out, words get said, punches get thrown and then there is a huge pull apart brawl to end the show. Next Raw Laurinitis comes out and says that from that point forward they are banned from being in the ring at the same time until Wrestlemania. Somehow this seems easy to me?

BUT THEN HOW WOULD WE PROMOTE THE ONE YEAR TWITTER WAR BETWEEN CENA AND ROCK

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

yeah thats what it should be, because this angle of Cena trying to make it like the Rock who spent most of his life in the business doesnt care about it now is stupid. The guy wrestled into his 30's , got plenty of people paid and moved on, after he and others left...got kicked out...passed away, things were bare. So ok you can use that line of he left..but they already used it when he first got big enough to do movies...so not only is the rock saying what EVERYONE is / has been thinking for the last few years old....so is Cena saying omg you left to go hollywood...remember when Rock had the hollywood persona so ugh...they just shoulda kept a lid on this...and waited and if they would've cut down how many times these two talked they could've had a split easy. Cena is the current company face, rock is an all time great. But trying to force on me that Rock see's Cena as something other than an annoying asshole who HAPPENS to be on top atm....nah no ones buying it, Cena aint on Austin, Rock, HBK, Hogan, Taker , Sting, Flair, etc etc level.

Razorskin

----- ------
Found a newer picture of the Wrestlemania set.

dDhwC.jpg

Kaladin

As I've said before, the build doesn't really matter, as long as the match lives up to the hype, which it will. WWE didn't really need to build this match, it books itself. Icon vs Icon. Modern best vs Previous Era best....both still in their prime. Why complicate something that is simple? You guys are all looking at this as if The Rock and Cena need to build to the fight....as if they need a reason to make it happen. It was already going to happen after April 4, 2011. All WWE had to do was keep interest and get people hyped for it which more or less has happened.

Ok, just looked at Raw ratings that only go back to 1998 and this is the lowest rated Raw before Mania since before that time. Every Raw before Mania since then has done a higher rating.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So are we all in agreement that Money in the Bank was easily the best PPV of last year?

Isn't that the one they were going to cancel for this year?

DMeisterJ

Banned
I can't believe that Sunday is the end of a year-long build to a match with The Rock in it, and I could not care less if I tried.

The low RAW ratings make me smile. Shit show - Shit ratings.

Robocop and Sting vs Chucky and Ultimate Warrior. Done. Soulplaya GM done. Next up. Buy out Cena from WWE for $10 million and have him job clean to Samoa Joe and then win knockout tag titles.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Robocop and Sting vs Chucky and Ultimate Warrior. Done. Soulplaya GM done. Next up. Buy out Cena from WWE for $10 million and have him job clean to Samoa Joe and then win knockout tag titles.
I can't wait to be the GM. I've got great ideas for the show. Name changes for everyone!

Samoa Joe is now Safari Bob- A hunter looking to get the big catch

Sting is now Ping-A guy who walks around the arena looking for the spot where he can get the best internet reception

Hulk Hogan is now Bulk Shogun- Japanese equivalent of Hulk Hogan

Jeff Hardy is now Jerry Lynn-A guy pretending to be a no personality having wrestler. Can he do it?

Scott Steiner is now Scot Steiner.

Taz is now Fired.

Abyss is now The Door Greeter. A gimmick centered around greeting people who enter the TNA offices, which actually doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom