• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Bobo, I've got a suggestion as GM. Buy out Kane from the WWE. We'll call him Cain to avoid copyright charges. Then, we can make him the TNA WWE Champion, and TNA Intercontinental Champion at the same time. Think of the ratings!

I'm gonna keep Dixie an on air character with the Natalya Neidhart gimmick of farting. Dixie Farter. After a few weeks Joseph Park walks by, smells it, snaps and turns back to abyss and muscle busters her through a table.

Bobo, I've got a suggestion as GM. Buy out Kane from the WWE. We'll call him Cain to avoid copyright charges. Then, we can make him the TNA WWE Champion, and TNA Intercontinental Champion at the same time. Think of the ratings!

First feud is gonna be against a newly hired Mabel renamed Abel.

Can you post your lottery numbers so we can follow along at home?

Nope, can't have anyone else use my numbers. Then I'd have to split the winnings!

Can I at least be a high paid plant that gets super hype for everything?

I'll hire girls from 8thstreetlatinas, since they are from Florida, to be the crowd and you can be front row middle.

tombstone_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

This is probably my favorite Mania moment of all time. Taker's reaction is the greatest thing ever!

Nonono, that's not the TNA way of naming. Call him "Enak!"
First feud is gonna be against a newly hired Mabel renamed Abel.

Make him dress like Abel from Street Fighter!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
If Cena comes to TNA, we could parody the Rock/Cena buildup by having Cena feud with a literal rock., and then go on a crusade against rock music.

Fuck it, guaranteed contracts for everyone. We're restarting the Monday Night Wars up in this bitch. I'm gonna sign Orton, Punk, Cena, Daniel Bryan, and a few others when their deals are up. I'm gonna take Impact on the road. Impact's going live 3 hours every Monday night!

I thought Shane McMahon had already left WWE by that point? I wasn't watching any wrestling at all at this point and hadn't for like 3 years.

Cagey

Banned
I was rewatching ECW One Night Stand 2006 late last night, because how Big a Show RAW was, and here's a random question.

Randy Orton. Crowd tore that dude to shreds. Did he ever get the IWC "we love heels" love prior to becoming the resident psycho-aggressive face, or was he hated from day one up until now ("Blandy Boreton", Ratings Killer, etc.).

As I've said before, the build doesn't really matter, as long as the match lives up to the hype, which it will. WWE didn't really need to build this match, it books itself. Icon vs Icon. Modern best vs Previous Era best....both still in their prime. Why complicate something that is simple? You guys are all looking at this as if The Rock and Cena need to build to the fight....as if they need a reason to make it happen. It was already going to happen after April 4, 2011. All WWE had to do was keep interest and get people hyped for it which more or less has happened.

I couldn't disagree more. Shitty builds hurt PPV sales, match quality doesn't matter nearly as much as it is already too late. The WWE also hasn't kept interest. Cena is still booed everywhere he goes and the Rock has lost a TON of pop. Young fans don't care about the Rock because he left before they started paying attention and veteran fans are beginning to turn on this neutered version of the Rock. The Cena/Rock build-up belongs up there with the WCW invasion and the WWE summer of Punk as some of the biggest wastes of potential ever

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I was rewatching ECW One Night Stand 2006 late last night, because how Big a Show RAW was, and here's a random question.

Randy Orton. Crowd tore that dude to shreds. Did he ever get the IWC "we love heels" love prior to becoming the resident psycho-aggressive face, or was he hated from day one up until now ("Blandy Boreton", Ratings Killer, etc.).
People thought his IC title run in Evolution was pretty good. Although, he was always considered boring in the ring.

Anth0ny

I always thought it would have been cool if they made a wrestling comic or cartoon

like the wrestlers leave the arena and live their lives in character

mankind goes to the boiler room, rock goes to smackdown hotel, road dogg smokes weed

and they'd beat the FUCK out of each other, of course.

You guys worry about ratings way too much. This isn't 1997.

1997- was forced to watch it live or else would only knew what happened by talking to friends.

2012- Can have it downloaded to my smartphone within an hour after its aired.

I'm not saying it's an excuse. But clearly WWE has a lot more fans then ratings portray.
They should stop playing it safe. We don't want 5 straight weeks of promos and video packages. Possibly the worst build for a WM ever with such a stacked card.

Buyrate should be interesting. Could possibly be a XIX repeat but doubt it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You guys worry about ratings way too much. This isn't 1997.

1997- was forced to watch it live or else would only knew what happened by talking to friends.

2012- Can have it downloaded to my smartphone within an hour after its aired.

I'm not saying it's an excuse. But clearly WWE has a lot more fans then ratings portray.
They should stop playing it safe. We don't want 5 straight weeks of promos and video packages. Possibly the worst build for a WM ever with such a stacked card.

Buyrate should be interesting. Could possibly be a XIX repeat but doubt it.
While the WWE may have more fans, they still make most of their money from TV fees, which are determined by ratings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom