• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that would actually be fun. Wrestlers playing their characters in movies. They would have to be action comedies but whatever. I'm down.

Wasn't there a rumour at one point that there was going to be an Undertaker backstory film? it was an old western maybe? I'd mark the hell out for Taker/Kane gunslingers.

Isn't Undertaker's backstory now that he uses the creepy special effects and the character to intimidate his opponents, but really he's an MMA fighter with a thing for metal imagery and goth?

Aiii

So not worth it
OH, IT'S LIVE YOU GUYS!

And there's a countdown timer and everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqNTxBZNAfc

Aren't you excited to see Cena talk about how he loves THIS BUSINESS more then anyone, especially that legendary bastard The Rock?

No, hang on, Punk was the bastard, I'm pretty sure from Rocky's Dwayne Johnson docu that his parents were all good and married when they made the little bundle of electrifying joy

DKehoe

Isn't Undertaker's backstory now that he uses the creepy special effects and the character to intimidate his opponents, but really he's an MMA fighter with a thing for metal imagery and goth?

If you are a brown belt or above in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu you can survive being buried alive.

jmdajr

Wanted to share a few from WM25

wrestlemania25055.jpg

wrestlemania25061.jpg

wrestlemania25097.jpg

wrestlemania25117.jpg

wrestlemania25150.jpg

wrestlemania25205.jpg

wrestlemania25284.jpg

wrestlemania25290.jpg

wrestlemania25296.jpg

wrestlemania25309.jpg

wrestlemania25339.jpg

wrestlemania25367.jpg

wrestlemania25376.jpg

wrestlemania25222.jpg

Trailer for this Friday's Dragon Gate USA iPPV Open the Ultimate Gate 2012 which can be purchased for the special one-time-viewing price of just $1.99 from http://wwnlive.com/event-dgusa-3-30-12.html;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u4pYQe4i4A

New STARDOM & Real Japan shows, featuring Nanae Takahashi defending the World of Stardom title against Meiko Satomura, Yuzuki Aikawa & Yoko Bito defending the Goddesses of Stardom tag titles against Natsuki*Taiyo & Yoshiko, while in RJPW Tiger Shark takes on the one and only Vader, Super Tiger II defending the Legend Championship against Mitsuya Nagai and, in the main event, the original Tiger Mask & Michinoku Pro's Great Sasuke take on deathmatch-legend Atsushi Onita & Ichiro Yaguchi;

RJPW "DAYBREAK", 16.03.2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
2,217 Fans - No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x1zopu

01. Gran Hamada, Bear Fukuda & Super Rider vs MAZADA, Yujiro Yamamoto & Akifumi Saito

02. Alexander Otsuka, Masao Orihara & Keita Yano vs Yuki Ishikawa, Wakashoyo & Hayato Mashita

03. Vader vs Tiger Shark

LEGEND CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH;

04. Super Tiger II (c) vs Mitsuya Nagai

05. Riki Choshu & Ultimo Dragon vs Tatsumi Fujinami & Hikaru Sato

06. Tiger Mask & Great Sasuke vs Atsushi Onita & Ichiro Yaguchi

Stardom "STARDOM THE HIGHEST 2012", 20.03.2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1,320 Fans - No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x1zod3

01. Natsumi Showzuki vs Saki Kashima

02. Eri Susa vs Act Yasukawa

03. Mayu Iwatani vs Kairi Hojo

04. Arisa Hoshiki vs Yuuri Haruki

05. Kaori Yoneyama & Io Shirai vs Hiroyo Matsumoto & Miho Wakizawa

GODDESSES OF STARDOM TITLE MATCH;

06. Yuzuki Aikawa & Yoko Bito (c) vs Natsuki*Taiyo & Yoshiko

WORLD OF STARDOM TITLE MATCH;

07. Nanae Takahashi (c) vs Meiko Satomura

John Cena claims nobody liked him when he first started in WWE and Vince & Triple H wanted to release him.

Never give up. Back in 2002, when I was just wearing boots and tights and I was supposed to be the ruthless aggression young good guy, nobody in the company liked me. I know Vince McMahon won't admit this, but he wanted me fired, Triple H wanted me fired, everybody hated me. They just wouldn't give me a forum to showcase my talents. I've always been able to connect with the audience if given the ability to speak.

Stephanie McMahon heard me rapping backstage and got curious. I got that ability and I was off to the races. I was up against all odds. I wasn't born into this business. I'm not a third generation guy or a second generation guy. I'm just a dude who grew up a fan like all you guys and I wanted to do this my whole life. And I never gave up. That's the advice I give to all the young cats, all the guys who have been trying and trying, trying to make it, attempt after attempt. I've failed many times, but you never ever give up.

jmdajr

That's nice Cena, now make some room for someone else on the center stage.

WWE will probably take more chances once mania is done. That's usually how it happens.
If anyone rises to to the top maybe then can be high on next years card.

ahem...but not higher than Cena or the King of Kings

edit: I like that Batista/HHH feud promo from Wrestlemania 21. Hell the Animal was basically shooting! But hey, it's not Trips fault. He's just that damn good.

Meier

I've mentioned Dave's collection in these threads once or twice in the past, but this website wrote an article about him.. you guys will probably get a kick out of this:

2012mar20_peck9l.jpg

"These cards are really tough to find in high grades," said Peck. "One of the reasons for that is that they were packaged with a very tight cellophane wrap that killed the corners. They also have inherent printing and centering problems. This makes finding a PSA 9 Mint or a PSA 10 nearly impossible. A complete PSA 10 set would be impossible, and there will never be another set that can top mine in grade being as that I own the entire 108 cards with most in Mint or better, and have every major star in the top grade available. I know, with 100 percent certainty, that no one will ever be able to recreate these sets with a higher PSA rating. (lol) There would be no way for someone to do what I have done being as that I have bought up a large amount of the high grade material known to exist."

The Undisputed Champ of the Wrestling All-Star Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom