• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
No audio at work :<

What's the point of this? Just a pow-wow of like "HEY WE're the WWE and we're in Miami for Wrestlemania and we're a good company!"?

No audio at work :<

What's the point of this? Just a pow-wow of like "HEY WE're the WWE and we're in Miami for Wrestlemania and we're a good company!"?

Pretty much. They have paraded on countless "superstars" who awkwardly transition between hyping WWE events and then selling their matches.

Hell, go look at Rock when he came back for Mania last year. He wasn't anywhere near as big as he got around Survivor Series.

There's no way this dude isn't on steroids.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I NEED TO BELIEVE! :'(

KV875.png

You know, at least Cena sort of tried to make it look like he was annoyed The Rock's antics at the end. Very strange.

Considering the two guys shared the same ring on national television for over a month and never did anything but talk while Cena smiled, does it really matter?

FyreWulff

Hell, go look at Rock when he came back for Mania last year. He wasn't anywhere near as big as he got around Survivor Series.

There's no way this dude isn't on steroids.

Sounds about right. He probably did the usual 6 month cycle, so he roided up until right before Survivor Series, which they probably didn't randomly piss test him for, and now he's on the off cycle so he'll piss clean for Mania.

I would not doubt at all that part of him being gone so much and has barely wrestled (besides filming) was so none of the states they went to would piss test Rock while he was cycling up. I almost want to say that every time he's shown up live, he's been in a 'friendly' state in terms of steroid oversight.

Kevin Nash thinks Trip's beating Taker would be bad for business..... So does that mean it is actually good for business?

"End of an Era&#8230;I've been thinking about the "speaking in code" that Shawn Michaels alluded to last week&#8230;If the WWE did have HHH end the Streak, what's the bragging point since it took him three tries? There's no bragging point, and it doesn't do anything for business&#8230;It wouldn't be good for business at all. It'd be like, yeah HHH ended it, but it took him three tries...Big deal. How does that impact the business to the good side?

"Most people would automatically point to the fact that he's married to Stephanie, and didn't do it because he deserved it&#8230;They could see through the facade WWE [would] have to build for it. I could already hear the bullshit chants from the more seasoned fans if they did that.

"In all honesty, at this point in time, the only one that deserves to end the Streak, is Taker himself by hanging it up when he chooses&#8230;In other words, he retires undefeated at Mania."

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Triple H won't beat the streak, instead he's going to get a draw.

THE ONLY MAN TO EVER GET A DRAW AGAINST UNDERTAKER

Baloney, fudge and Mustard! I missed THE press conference!
Dammit, if only I hadn't been watching WM24 instead, hang on, watching that got me more hyped for the upcoming WM than anything WWE did this month.

Really though I turned it on planning to watch Taker/Edge and then ended up going through half the show from the start up to HBK/Flair, i'm going to say thatWM 24 is one hell of an underrated WM event, what it lacks in big name main event matches it makes up for by being consistently enjoyable. Though Batista beating Umaga Youmanga in like 2 moves with a comeback worthy of Cena is still bullshit.

Taker's final match deserves to be the main event at Wrestlemania. If they do Rock/Cena next year, then they better opt for bionic parts to keep Taker's body working until WM 30.

jmdajr

He's got to have enough juice in the tank to fight Cena...

Doesn't even have to be a gimmick match. Beating Cena ..clean..is a feat unto itself.

Who is the last person to beat Cena clean.. 1,2,3 (no gimmick matches)? I'm saying it's Batista (after he broke his freaking neck)..or HBK in that Wrestlemania 23 rematch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom