• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Baloney, fudge and Mustard! I missed THE press conference!
Dammit, if only I hadn't been watching WM24 instead, hang on, watching that got me more hyped for the upcoming WM than anything WWE did this month.

Really though I turned it on planning to watch Taker/Edge and then ended up going through half the show from the start up to HBK/Flair, i'm going to say thatWM 24 is one hell of an underrated WM event, what it lacks in big name main event matches it makes up for by being consistently enjoyable. Though Batista beating Umaga Youmanga in like 2 moves with a comeback worthy of Cena is still bullshit.
WM 24 was great because of the incredible atmosphere. Best of any WM.

No way in hell should he retire at this WM. He's had a buildup that barely includes him, and the match is largely overshadowed.

The finish to this year's will be controversial due to Shawn screwing Trips, so Taker must do one more to prove himself.
Taker and Kane for Wrestlemania XXIX: pyro, fireballs, lightning bolts, and holes in ring galore!

And not once since Feb 2004.

Only 60 submission victories? What does and doesn't count in this list?
wwe-john-cena-applying-stfu-on-chris-jericho.jpg

WM 24 was great because of the incredible atmosphere. Best of any WM.
It's great seeing the sky change throughout the MITB ladder match and the use of fireworks in Flair and Batista's entrances, that and the stage setup itself is very nice, the last WM stage setup i've truly liked as most of the recent ones just look like a huge mass of screens, they can make some great effects with them but there's something lacking about them at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyGxyOLea5g#t=4m10s

I'm really excited to see what the fireworks display at the end will be like this year.... Hopefully without burning several dozen people.

Kind of funny that the darkest wrestling character on the show finishes with a colourful fireworks display.

And now here's Carlito fighting a fake seagull and Batista being such a top face

XenoRaven

Dolph Ziggler
95 Wins - 133 Losses

Jack Swagger
91 Wins - 135 Losses

Vickie's management skills are so good guys.

EDIT2: I should read before I ask questions.

somedevil

Whoever is going to Wrestlemania John Pollock and Wai ting from the law will be at these events during the weekend:

-Friday afternoon – Ring of Honor Fan Fest
-Friday night – WWE Fan Axxess
-Saturday morning – WWE Fan Axxess
-Saturday afternoon – Ring of Honor ‘Showdown in the Sun’
-Saturday night – WWE Hall of Fame
-Sunday morning – WrestleReunion
-Sunday afternoon onwards – WrestleMania

As Geek mentioned, yeah there was a blunder with the pyrotechnics, lets hope that doesn't deter WWE from using tons of fireworks again. In fact a quick search had me find this.

WWE should just have said it was Kane, he was jealous of Taker's superior title win and burnt some folks to cheer himself up.
To be fair, Kane also delivered the quickest squash in Wrestlemania history at 24. Poor Chavo (lol).

Damn straight. Come on people, Kane/Taker is how both their careers should end at WM. It makes so much sense that the WWE is bound not to do it. I'm guessing it'll either be HHH or Cena.
Brock Lesnar, mang.

IF they did Kane/Taker though, what kind of match could it be? They already went through No Holds Barred, Hell in a Cell, and Buried Alive just 2 years ago.

jmdajr

To be fair, Kane also delivered the quickest squash in Wrestlemania history at 24. Poor Chavo (lol).

Brock Lesnar, mang.

IF they did Kane/Taker though, what kind of match could it be? They already went through No Holds Barred, Hell in a Cell, and Buried Alive just 2 years ago.

No holds barred, hell in a cell, casket, buried alive inferno match!

Where weapons are not only welcomed..... they're allowed!

I'll take back what I said about Lesnar, because he was pretty great. I just don't want him anywhere near an Undertaker match for Wrestlemania.

I won't take back what I said about Goldberg. He's a jerk and a fuckface.

inb4 "takes one to know one."

Nah, you were right the first time, Lesnar sucked.

Okay, maybe he doesn't actually suck, I just never liked him or found him entertaining bar wheeling that Gowen guy down some stairs.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

Brock Lesnar, mang.

Lesnar should in no way be his retirement match. I would like to see it, but retirement match? No.

BTW, I fully expect Lesnar at the RAW after WM to challenge Taker for WM 29.

Lesnar should in no way be his retirement match. I would like to see it, but retirement match? No.

BTW, I fully expect Lesnar at the RAW after WM to challenge Taker for WM 29.
Lesnar can guarantee it'll be for the WWE title, and then we'll get a 9 month long Cena/Lesnar feud.

Come at me, IWC.

Edit: Am I going crazy, or do I remember an article where Goldberg said he'd come back to fight Lesnar?

You know what? I'll admit it, and I'll even take Wrecker making fun of me for this, but I would mark out for a Taker/Kane retirement match. Gimme a good build, and you can add in all the mood-lighting, fire and lightning you want.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You know what? I'll admit it, and I'll even take Wrecker making fun of me for this, but I would mark out for a Taker/Kane retirement match. Gimme a good build, and you can add in all the mood-lighting, fire and lightning you want.
Are you kidding? Net cries every night hoping for a Kane/Taker WM retirement match. It would get the two biggest supernatural guys out of the WWE.

Until the return of Kevin Thorn!!

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
I'll take back what I said about Lesnar, because he was pretty great. I just don't want him anywhere near an Undertaker match for Wrestlemania.

I won't take back what I said about Goldberg. He's a jerk and a fuckface.

inb4 "takes one to know one."

geez what did goldberg do to you ???

-Multiple accounts on Twitter have reported that some WWE talent and employees are staying at the InterContinental Miami hotel for WrestleMania week in Miami. According to the tweets, The Rock, John Cena, The Undertaker and The Miz have all been spotted at the hotel in the last couple of days.

Anyone else going to Mania want to hang out in front of the hotel and cut Ultimate Warrior promo's on guy's?

-Multiple accounts on Twitter have reported that some WWE talent and employees are staying at the InterContinental Miami hotel for WrestleMania week in Miami. According to the tweets, The Rock, John Cena, The Undertaker and The Miz have all been spotted at the hotel in the last couple of days.

Anyone else going to Mania want to hang out in front of the hotel and cut Ultimate Warrior promo's on guy's?

That would be godly with tassels around your arms!!!!

tm24

What time is the DGUSA PPV? And are we going to do the whole live commentating thing in here again?

Finally watched Kurt Russel Reunion 3. What a great show. the 6 man is absolutely insane

What time is the DGUSA PPV? And are we going to do the whole live commentating thing in here again?

8PM eastern, 5PM pacific & 1AM GMT - and yeah, hopefully we'll have a few of WrassleGAF watching live considering the $1.99 price.

tm24 said:
Finally watched Kurt Russel Reunion 3. What a great show. the 6 man is absolutely insane

Just got my copy through today, can't wait to watch Willie Mack vs Naruki Doi and Masaaki Mochizuki vs Roderick Strong.

If I order the ROH shows this weekend, can I replay them after the event is over or do I have to watch it live and that's it?

Yeah, they are yours to watch whenever if you purchase - the replays should be up 2-3 hours after the events.

Same goes for the DGUSA shows, although you can buy Friday's show for $1.99 to watch it live-only.

steveovig

Yeah, they are yours to watch whenever if you purchase - the replays should be up 2-3 hours after the events.

Same goes for the DGUSA shows, although you can buy Friday's show for $1.99 to watch it live-only.

Yea, the DGUSA show was why I was asking about the ROH replays. I knew that the DGUSA show had to be watched live but I also wanted to order the ROH shows and make it a giant weekend of wrestling. I just didn't want to have to choose between DG and ROH but it's cool that I can choose both. Thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom