• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up today to find that Vin Gerard is following me on Twitter now. Which is odd because i hardly ever post on there, and its never about Chikara. He responded after i thanked him and said "I get bored sometimes...". Weird.

Kaladin

I'm about to head out for the Dragon Gate USA/CZW supershow!!!

I gotta go pick a friend up at the airport first, and then I'm on my way!

First show of the weekend!

Woke up today to find that Vin Gerard is following me on Twitter now. Which is odd because i hardly ever post on there, and its never about Chikara. He responded after i thanked him and said "I get bored sometimes...". Weird.

Vin Gerard is awesome. I guess he's been following alot of peeps lately. Hopefully its all a storyline for his CHIKARA return.

Penguin

So any ideas for a decent Top 7 list today?

Was debating either PPV intros or outros.

Also, re-watching Mania 27 on WWE on Demand.. and.. Cole/King just sucks the air out of the place by the time its done.

So any ideas for a decent Top 7 list today?

Was debating either PPV intros or outros.

Also, re-watching Mania 27 on WWE on Demand.. and.. Cole/King just sucks the air out of the place by the time its done.

Top 7 crowd destroying matches, featuring such greats as your previous mention of King/Cole and others like Bret/Vince.
Top 7 Wrestlemania stage setups?
Top 7 uses of Celebrity involvement?
Top 7 Ladder matches?

Of your intro and outro idea it would probably be easier to do intros since the outros aren't present at too many WM events.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
So, I'm on the mailing list for local events at the American Airlines Arena, and so I got an email newsletter about the WWE shows this weekend, and this caught my eye:

WrestleMania XXVIII at Sunlife Stadium
- Sunday, April 1, 2012 at 6:30pm

Don't miss WrestleMania XXVIII, featuring a dream match between The Cenation Commander-in-Chief and "The Most Electrifying Man in Entertainment." Miami's own The Rock and John Cena will face off in front of the entire WWE Universe at Sunlife Stadium, on Sunday, April 1. And if that wasn't enough, don't miss your chance to see if The Undertaker will make his return in Miami.

I just have to say that burying the Undertaker before the match is new territory for HHH.

I'm about to head out for the Dragon Gate USA/CZW supershow!!!

I gotta go pick a friend up at the airport first, and then I'm on my way!

First show of the weekend!

First show of my weekend too! I'm at work, and will be for another two hours still. It's hard to concentrate!

RBH

How that match got cleared for 15 minutes is beyond me.... It was longer than the fucking World title match. :lol

Watching that match live was an absolute chore. It just baffled me how the match went that long in the first place. Crowd really got tired of it five minutes in.

Austin was great though and saved it from being a complete waste.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

This response made me laugh:

5Ncc5.jpg

Penguin

How that match got cleared for 15 minutes is beyond me.... It was longer than the fucking World title match. :lol

There were a lot of odd ball decisions made on the show.. like giving the Rock 20 minutes to cut a promo at the start of the show.
No one comes to Mania for the promos!

Watching that match live was an absolute chore. It just baffled me how the match went that long in the first place. Crowd really got tired of it five minutes in.

Austin was great though and saved it from being a complete waste.

Yeah
The way the feud was booked.. it was a fairly simple concept.. just have Lawler beat the crap out of Cole.. after doing away with Swagger for like 5 mins...

RBH

The Great One isn’t just any opponent for Cena. The actor has taken his return to the ring very seriously. He even worked with some of WWE’s up-and-coming superstars to shake whatever ring rust he had.

“I love Curt [Hawkins],” Rock said. “Curt’s been great. Joe Hennig [Michael McGillicutty] has been great, too. I’ve had a training camp for over a year now, and those guys have been tremendous.”
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/29/2720439/no-fooling-around-april-1-cena.html

I actually take back what I said. Weren't the Michael Cole segments getting the biggest ratings last year (aside from The Rock, of course)? I can see how, in Vince's labyrinth of a mind, that would mean "GIVE THEM ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD DAMMIT"

Guzim

So, I'm on the mailing list for local events at the American Airlines Arena, and so I got an email newsletter about the WWE shows this weekend, and this caught my eye:

I just have to say that burying the Undertaker before the match is new territory for HHH.

First show of my weekend too! I'm at work, and will be for another two hours still. It's hard to concentrate!
Undertaker does think that WM is on April 21.

RBH

World Wrestling Entertainment continues to grapple with the challenge of developing its own cable television network, and the Stamford-based company says it is making headway toward entering a contract with a distributor.

"There will be a WWE network in some shape or form. We are in late-stage negotiations with distributors," said Michelle Wilson, chief marketing officer at WWE. "Getting a distribution agreement for a cable network is not easy."

She said the situation is far better than the one presented by the New York Post, which reported earlier this month the company is behind schedule in its plans to launch the network on April 1, timed to coincide with Wrestlemania XXVIII in Miami.

There never was a deadline, according to Wilson, who said the company is hiring staff to operate the network.

"We've filled 30 positions so far specifically for the network. They come with cable experience at ESPN, Viacom, Discovery and Warner Brothers TV," said Wilson, who anticipates that up to 120 new employees will eventually be hired for the new network.

They have been busy producing and preparing programming, Wilson said, declining to predict when the new network will air.

"They just got done shooting a reality show, `Legends House,' where eight of our superstar legends live together in a house in Palm Springs, Calif.," she said. "Another reality show will feature our WWE divas. We did a lot of research on what our fans want to see. We're developing new shows taking advantage of our amazing library."

The cable network also would show movies produced by WWE Studios, a WWE subsidiary, starring its superstars like John Cena.

WWE's RAW programming is shown Monday nights on the USA Network, while its Smackdown programming runs on Friday nights on the SyFy Network. WWE primarily targets 18-to 34-year-olds with its programming.

"USA is the No. 1 cable network in terms of viewership, and we are critical to USA," Wilson said, but having its own cable network would dramatically increase potential advertising. "The more places you are, the more your viewership rises."

Those programs will remain on their respective networks.

With a goal of reaching 50 million homes, she said the network will charge a subscription fee from each distributor. She would not comment on how much WWE is investing in the new network, which it is funding itself.

"This is an all-WWE initiative -- fully," she said. "It's going to be a game changer."

Given the fact that WWE reported in February a net loss of $8.6 million or 12 cents per share in the fourth quarter, the company must make sure that the new network turns a profit as soon as possible, according to Michael Kupinski, an analyst with Noble Financial.

"It appears that the company will bear much of the cost. They have soft fundamentals, and the cable channel could lose money for a period of years," he said, adding that having a financial partner would help.

Kupinski had previously said developing the new cable network could cost $10 million to $15 million.

Developing enough entertaining shows outside the wrestling ring to fill 24 hours of daily programming will be a challenge, added Jill Rosengard Hill, senior vice president of Frank N. Magid Associates, a media and entertainment strategy firm.

"It's a highly niche audience," she said. "It could fly if they can develop entertaining concepts that are not matches. It could be lifestyle stories about the wrestlers."

Convincing cable networking distributors that the programming will draw an audience and advertisers will be the key to the success of the effort, she said.
http://www.newstimes.com/default/article/WWE-forging-ahead-with-cable-network-plan-3442179.php

I just picked up Best of Raw: 15th Anniversary.

How is it?

I thought it was very solid, by comparison to the smackdown anniversary set it's god tier since it doesn't have silly and wacky presentation like the Smackdown one does.
Plus you can use it to watch the original Rock concert which is so good it redeems the one from a few weeks back.

Been a while since I entered this thread and I see Dixie signed Sting to a new contract. da fuck just feel like I entered a time warp. Now I can never escape brahs.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Just kill the network before it kills the company already.

Just make a god damn WWE on demand streaming app for iOS and Android and cut a deal with Microsoft and Sony to get it on consoles.

I would gladly pay $7 a month for access to there video library.
Been saying they should do just about that for some time now. But Vince be cray.

Credo

Just make a god damn WWE on demand streaming app for iOS and Android and cut a deal with Microsoft and Sony to get it on consoles.

I'd pay 100
Bison
dollars.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

They're too busy giving that stuff away for free on WWE.com

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
man i got a feeling something bad is going to happen sunday...wwe is due for some negative press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom