• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

sajj316

Yeah I was looking through that HoF album yesterday on iTunes and I saw that there. What I heard was completely terrible.

I want the sound of horses in the begining ... synthesizers, lead guitar, the sound of the snare and bass. Where did it go Jim? What I heard is 10 less notes, no lead guitar and synthesizer in the middle, and freaking ponies. Freakin ponies.

- Machine Gun Kelly recently spoke about John Cena's entrance at WrestleMania this weekend, which he will be performing during. Check out the highlights:

On the plan for the entrance: "I think the dopest thing about the performance is he didn't want to do any flashy shit or any pyro. We were told we could do whatever we wanted. They laid out this big plan; we'd come out with fucking fire and all this crazy shit. Cena was like, 'Lets make sure we keep it about what we stand for, which is simplicity and representing for the average Joe.' I thought it was cool we're not going to do any of that. We're just going to come out and do our thing."

But what about when you had a entire church choir singing your entrance theme John? Or When you had 6 guys drive to the ring in a gangster car and you shot a gun? Or when you drove a expensive muscle car to the ring?

What happened to representing the average joe then?

It's best that they keep it short and sweet because he's getting booed out of the building. Also, I have no idea who Machine Gun Kelly is, but his manager should probably be fired for putting him in the position to get shit on this Sunday

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's best that they keep it short and sweet because he's getting booed out of the building. Also, I have no idea who Machine Gun Kelly is, but his manager should probably be fired for putting him in the position to get shit on this Sunday

You wouldn't like him. Trust me.

These boos are premeditated.

I wonder if he'll get booed more or less than the kid's choir last year. :lol

DMeisterJ

Banned
If those rumors are true. Hype. I was going into WM not caring in the least bit, but if those two happen, it could save the show from utter mediocrity.

I want the sound of horses in the begining ... synthesizers, lead guitar, the sound of the snare and bass. Where did it go Jim? What I heard is 10 less notes, no lead guitar and synthesizer in the middle, and freaking ponies. Freakin ponies.

The song itself isn't bad. If Dean Ambrose debuted on the Raw after Wrestlemania with this theme I'd think it was pretty kick ass.

As a replacement to the AMAZING 4 Horsemen theme? Awful.

DMczaf

Cena got Atlanta to boo a black church choir.

At that point, Vince should have finally got the hint. Now Cena has hurt Rock's ratings draw after last year when they were putting up 3.8-3.9 numbers heading into WM.

You just can't stop Cena.

68505622a2151582683b42656362l.jpg

Cena got Atlanta to boo a black church choir.

At that point, Vince should have finally got the hint. Now Cena has hurt Rock's ratings draw after last year when they were putting up 3.8-3.9 numbers heading into WM.

You just can't stop Cena.

68505622a2151582683b42656362l.jpg
That was such a weird entrance. Particularly because it was at the Royal Rumble, in what wasn't even the final match of the show.

TheNatural

My Member!
Rumors of Lesnar sound like WWE's way out of having Cena go over clean over The Rock. Hey, just have Lesnar run in after a ref bump, F5 Rock, then tomorrow they can talk about next year's ponzi scheme, er, Wrestlemania build.

Reports coming in now of fans spotting Michael Chiklis at various WWE events in Miami. These sightings coincide with our earlier report about CM Punk's possible Wrestlemania entrance. As we noted, the plan is for Chiklis to once again reprise his famous role from the Fantastic Four movies for one night. Chiklis would accompany Punk to the ring, dressed in full Thing regalia, and the two would shout Thing's signature catchphrase, "It's Clobberin' Time!".

- Pro Wrestling Life

Ok.

How about I start the Mania thread now and we keep that thread spoiler free. Ill put something in the OT about it.

This thread can be where people can talk about the potential spoilers if they want.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
As I said in this thread a couple weeks ago, I've talked to some people who are absolutely certain that Cena/Rock match ends with a Lesnar run-in.

bart jr

Neo Member
I can't wait for the DGUSA iPPV tonight! I also ordered the ROH iPPVs but honestly won't have a chance to watch them until Monday. It's going to rough avoiding spoilers in this thread until then.

-Steen/Kingston in Chicago? CAN'T WAIT.

I hope Wrasslemania-Gaf is enjoying themselves right now. I believe it is djsandman who is participating in the WrestleReunion festivities, correct? Let us know how that goes, man.

Reports are coming in that Wrestlemania WILL in fact be broadcast live on PPV this year. Plans are 50/50, but the WWE is hoping that negotiations will be finished by the time the show starts on Sunday. Vince is trying to get the word out so expect to see a ton of #PPV messages from their Twitter account. Also, Randy Orton HAS apparently gone to the papers to gain cable company support.

- Pro Wrestling Soil Papers

Will wait for the Wrasslin' Observer to back this up before I believe any of that BS.

My sources >>> Meltzer but fine, here it is:

Ummm, err uhh, yeah, I've spoken to some people and they are TRYING to get on PPV this year, but I'm really not sure, and you know how things change over there. But huh, huh, I remember this one time in ummmmm I think it was 89 or 92 where Vince tried this before and it completely failed or somethin' and it was the craziest thing I ever saw, but idk, it might work, and might be happening, but err uhhhh, I don't know, we'll see.

- Pro Wrestling Observer

I don't know why they feel the need to have Jim Johnston crap up classic themes. First it was Bret Hart, then The Rock, and now the Horsemen.

Just get rid of him. He hasn't done a good theme in a long time. Most of the decent themes in the WWE today are done by other artists.
They need him for all of those great upcoming WWE Studios films.

funkystudent, did you incorporate all the latest airport pics in your op, or are we adding those to the thread later?

I think I want to keep those surprises a surprise for the casuals sake.

Still working on the text but I will keep any spoilers out of the op and just say somewhere that people use spoiler tags for potential spoilers

Got to say I love extravagant entrances and ring attired it's one of my favourite things about Mania, last year was a let down even in that regard.

I want horses for takers entrance or a vulture please.

My favourite entrance of all time is when Reys hatch failed and he had to crawl out

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I don't know why they feel the need to have Jim Johnston crap up classic themes. First it was Bret Hart, then The Rock, and now the Horsemen.

Just get rid of him. He hasn't done a good theme in a long time. Most of the decent themes in the WWE today are done by other artists.

Don't forget him destroying Goldberg's classic WCW theme as well.

Was Katy Perry blasting through the speakers? If not, negative hype.

Fortunately it was just taker's entrance theme, unless it was playing beforehand.
Actually it should have been blasting out "ain't no grave" or whatever but WWE continue to be cheap and deny me such entertainment so negative hype attained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom