• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
tGcrG.jpg

UberTag

Hopefully not. I don't think they will as they are still running twice as many house shows due to 2 brands, plus I don't need Cena going over everyone on 2 shows every week.
Even if they don't end the brand split you can virtually guarantee Cena's move to the Smackdown tour so he can go over everyone on both primetime shows each week.

Incidentally, is anyone here not in Miami watching Ring of Honor live tonight instead of watching bargain basement Dragon's Gate and watching ROH on tape delay?

Any of these will do really.

Also, D-Bry wins or I riot.

Well, there's one alternative I can be fine with, that is D-Bry loses, but AJ turns heel and becomes Divas champ in an impromptu championship match that D-Bry sets up for her.

But other then that, RIOT!

Devon, get the tables!!!

Incidentally, is anyone here not in Miami watching Ring of Honor live tonight instead of watching bargain basement Dragon's Gate and watching ROH on tape delay?

Nah, I'll be watching DGUSA - on that note, if anyone watching either ROH or DGUSA tonight and tomorrow could spoiler tag match results, so as to not spoil those viewing after the event is over, that would be awesome.

Mr Jared

Tonight at 8PM EST, we're hosting the WWE Superstar Challenge on TwitchTV (http://www.twitch.tv/wwegames/). The first half will be the grand finals of their fan tournament, followed by the Superstar Challenge. The only name I got to go on is Daniel Bryan, but it's probably safe to assume Big Show, Kofi and the other big gamers in the company will be there.

I expect to see you in there trolling it up, WrassleGAF ;) I plan on just spamming "YES!"

G-Fex

Tonight at 8PM EST, we're hosting the WWE Superstar Challenge on TwitchTV (http://www.twitch.tv/wwegames/). The first half will be the grand finals of their fan tournament, followed by the Superstar Challenge. The only name I got to go on is Daniel Bryan, but it's probably safe to assume Big Show, Kofi and the other big gamers in the company will be there.

I expect to see you in there trolling it up, WrassleGAF ;) I plan on just spamming "YES!"

WHAT? WHAT IS THIS?

It's official...OH MY COD

We in there

#esports

I will be in the chat. Everyone shall be in the chat!

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Khrno

Watch Smackdown?! LOLOLOLOL

Really though, I've seen a few and all I can recall is several signs. If they've been audibly chanting "YES!", then color me impressed.

He has wrestled a few times in Raw too.

Some people chant YES, but it's not very loud, it's still just the 10%ers you know, but as you said, more signs are starting to show up now.

First WrassleMania Weekend iPPVs are tonight and DGUSA's only $1.99, who's watching?

I am! Ordered the iPPV when you posted about it in (I think?) the earlier OT. I'm really looking forward to it. I am fairly sad about CIMA and Uhaa Nation being injured, though - not just because they won't be on the card, but because I dislike it whenever wrestlers get serious injuries. I hope they both get well soon.

Interesting. Could it be that we'll see more than a handful of wrestlers in the tag team division at any given time? I mean, there's still a TT Division in the WWE, right?

I think what I'm about to post has been mentioned before, but how come this stuff almost never spills over to TV? I'm not really talking about this particular clip since it's for Superstars, and that's an internet show. I'm thinking more about the stuff like Jericho's little head nod or veiled threads just after he returned, or stuff like that.

I mean, keeping clips like this exclusive to the site is one thing (because if they didn't have stuff like this, the site would be a bit lighter on content) but it seems like there's almost no fallout from the attitudes shown in this online stuff that influences the following show.

Austin Aries is great on TNA its still amazing WWE didn't pick him up for tough enough. Also, love this gif I found:

so hypnotic

Ultratech

Austin Aries is great on TNA its still amazing WWE didn't pick him up for tough enough. Also, love this gif I found:

http://i.imgur.com/1k8cx.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Indeed. Watching him is pretty fun.

And that gif...just amazing.
If only it had him going "HAHAHAHA" or something to that effect...

RBH

Regarding Brock Lesnar rumors for the weekend, the two sides have been talking in recent weeks, as was hinted in the Dwayne Johnson interview last week when Lesnar's name was brought up as a possible opponent for next year.

Dana White confirmed that Lesnar is legally able to do WrestleMania. He had been under a UFC contract but had retired from the promotion. White was not aware if Lesnar was doing the show.

They've been in talks for a month. Rock response to that question last week gave it away.

Original idea was for SummerSlam match, but I think that's a bad idea.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...-wrestlemania-update-major-star-talks-updated

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I'm still waiting for that magical moment when the crowd starts chanting "YES! YES! YES!" Probably never going to happen though. :(

There was a YES! chant during the DGUSA show last night. Immediately followed by a "hey we're here to watch WRESTLING" from someone in the crowd, but yeah, it happened.

I'm certainly going to do my part to try to start a YES! chant at Mania when Bryan comes out.

sajj316

I will be very disappointed if the Horsemen come out to that Jim Johnston bastardization of their theme at the Hall Of Fame.

Metalingus by Alter Bridge, Edge's theme for those wondering .. one of the best!

Sadsic

i dont want to troll, but i would really like to understand wrestling culture...

ive been seeing it my whole life in various aspects and since i was a small child i figure it was "fake" and found it to be a waste of time. it seems however the more ive aged, the more it seems that the hook of wrestling is actually the drama of it, something like a grand opera where all these disparate characters are all fighting for some sort of mcguffin title.

however on that regards it seems like the drama also is intensely "fake", and as well really, really poorly written. so then i see these people who take it as a real sport of some sort, which seem to be the less affluent fans, and the people who take it as some sort of giant irony and watch it as some sort of window into a more grossly masculine culture where spooning an oiled up man can be within heterosexual boundaries, and testosterome reigns supreme

is this accurate, or am i off base? is there a more hidden meaning to wrestling that makes it more exciting, on a non-ironic level? or is this just some sort of like celebration of the patriarchal society of old, where men could be MEN

David Bautista is in Miami.

We have no confirmation he's part of the show, but the fact he's being picked by by WWE people indicates he's here for business reasons.
Just saw this on the Wrestling Observer website. Brotista returning soon?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i dont want to troll, but i would really like to understand wrestling culture...

ive been seeing it my whole life in various aspects and since i was a small child i figure it was "fake" and found it to be a waste of time. it seems however the more ive aged, the more it seems that the hook of wrestling is actually the drama of it, something like a grand opera where all these disparate characters are all fighting for some sort of mcguffin title.

however on that regards it seems like the drama also is intensely "fake", and as well really, really poorly written. so then i see these people who take it as a real sport of some sort, which seem to be the less affluent fans, and the people who take it as some sort of giant irony and watch it as some sort of window into a more grossly masculine culture where spooning an oiled up man can be within heterosexual boundaries, and testosterome reigns supreme

is this accurate, or am i off base? is there a more hidden meaning to wrestling that makes it more exciting, on a non-ironic level? or is this just some sort of like celebration of the patriarchal society of old, where men could be MEN

Kinda, yeah. We all have our own reasons. It taps into a part of my childhood that I enjoyed, but I can look at it with a critical eye and enjoy it for what it truly is, and sometimes for what it presents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom