• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
This is a good promo. But Cena could shit 50 dollar bills in the ring and personally mail them to every gaffer and some of you would bitch he didn't shit you 100's.

Izick

I like the heeliness, but he's ruining it when he smiles after every line. Not even an evil smile, just a "I know this is fake" smile.

it's really crazy how cena's accent evolves while speaking.
It's like listening to a comedian's skit on accents.

They turned Austin heel when noone wanted it and immediately there were dramatic drops in ratings, attendance, merch sales, and house show attendance. It's the worst thing they've ever done business wise.
Obviously a big difference in that Austin was still getting super pops everywhere.

evil ways

Can you eleborate on this?
WWE did everything short of having Austin set a carriage full of newborn babies on fire, and the fans still cheered him. He joined Mcmahon, beat up JR, teamed with HHH, beat the shit out of Lita, etc... And nothing killed the pops and cheers.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
He's the number 1 merch seller still especially at live events and after 7 years of going over everyone, there is noone to take his place. WWE is also scared shitless after that failed Austin heel turn to do it again.

They ruined Austin's character and made him a coward, thats why it failed.

Izick

They ruined Austin's character and made him a coward, thats why it failed.

Exactly.

If they make Cena actually cool, and make him a badass heel, then they'll sell just as much merch, and they can officially make CM Punk the top face, without contention, and he'll garner more merch sales as well.

That was a decent promo...but I hated it, because it's EVERYTHING I hate about Cena.

Dude can't let (Or, WWE Creative can't) someone get over, he's usually smug and smiling. Tonight, he sort of "ruins" it by embracing The Rock that everyone wants to see.

Creative still can't get it right....just let The Rock be The Rock, let Cena be Cena. The meta aspect of Cena's promo there really ruined it for me.

And now he's being smug again, ugh.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
9kLEx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom