• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have fun! If they try to take your sign away fight them off.

I will defend our honor till my last breath!

I'll be disappointed if you're not wearing an UltraMantis Black mask.

I'll have my shirt on. That has to count for something.

That looks great, would be awesome to see it on TV. However, I think I read a comment that WWE confiscated signs wight "Wrassle" on them before (I guess they still hate Ted Turner), so it might get taken away :/

Maybe make a...

RISE
ABOVE
KATE

...sign for Kane.

I'll be bummed if they take it away because it says wrassle. Darn it!

Holy shit. I meant 2000.

Dat main event. I have never marked out so hard in my fucking life as when Linda McMahon walked down to that ring with Earl Hebner.

The McMahon-Helmsley era was fucking glorious, and that match opitomized everything that was great about it. Clear heels and faces, at the top of their game, a fantastic storyline, a riotous crowd. I was leaping around the room like a fucking lunatic. I only started watching wrestling (WWF) at the end of 1999, so it was the first time I'd seen Rocky with the belt. He earnt it!

It was probably that match that turned me into the committed fan I am today./mark

That makes two of us, since I was relatively new to Wrestling myself at the time that match and feud had a big impact on me, I still count it and the following iron man match among my favourite matches.
It's an overcoming the odds moment done right, while the iron man match took a similar approach to the ending and turned it around in the heels favour.

JR: look at McMahon "I want you to count to three", the rock can't even get up..."
*Glass shatters*
And I went nuts, still gets me to this day

ZeroRay

That makes two of us, since I was relatively new to Wrestling myself at the time that match and feud had a big impact on me, I still count it and the following iron man match among my favourite matches.
It's an overcoming the odds moment done right, while the iron man match took a similar approach to the ending and turned it around in the heels favour.

JR: look at McMahon "I want you to count to three", the rock can't even get up..."
*Glass shatters*

That should have been the WM ending.

Wow, the new superstar pages on WWE.com are pretty awesome. I smell a round of new avatars.

xrtBt.png

YES!

oPhL2.png

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

somedevil

How's Wrestlemania shaping up this year? Good card?

Right now the card is.

Rock vs Cena
Jericho vs Punk
Undertaker vs Triple H
Bryan vs Sheamus
Show vs Rhodes

Also whoat is going to be added is Orton vs Kane and Team Johnny vs Team long. Also there will be some Ryder match and maybe add a tag match. So this card looks very good if given time. Also, it sucks that MITB was cancelled but all the wrestlers that would be in that match are coming back from injuries so it was a risk.

Also, there was going to Kharma vs Beth but that was cancelled for very good reasons.

Chopper

*Glass shatters*

Me too. I only bought it on DVD recently. My first PPV was the Rumble 2000. I remember I had just missed that classic Armageddon live as well as Jericho's debut. Just caught the Radicalz though. That shit was so exciting to someone who understood very little about wrestling!

So that was my first experience of glass shattering too. Ho-lee shit it did not let me down. No-one sold a stunner quite like Shane-O

Anth0ny

The build toward Wrestlemania 2000 was fucking incredible.

If you're bored, find the episodes of Raw during March 2000. Masterpieces, every one of them. Great stories, awesome promos, legendary characters and INSANE crowd reactions. Wrestlemania build up done right. Makes the last few episodes of Raw look like fucking amateur productions.

Chopper

If you're bored, find the episodes of Raw during March 2000. Masterpieces, every one of them. Great stories, awesome promos, legendary characters and INSANE crowd reactions. Wrestlemania build up done right. Makes the last few episodes of Raw look like fucking amateur productions.

The HHH/Cactus Jack HIAC is probably my favourite match that doesn't involve The Rock. As a newcomer, I was like "What is this glorious shw, and hy did I wait until I was 16 before I even bothered with it!"

I remember when they showed the footage of Rocky and Show's feet hitting the floor at the Rumble, and I nearly spat my delicious roast beef across the room!

somedevil

I listened to podcast said that the crowds were great but the build for the main event was all about the McMahons and not about the wrestlers or the title. The card also had no single matches and reviews of that wrestlemania said that it was a bad show.

Chopper

I listened to podcast said that the crowds were great but the build for the main event was all about the McMahons and not about the wrestlers or the title. The card also had no single matches and reviews of that wrestlemania said that it was a bad show.

Whilst there is an element of truth to that, bear in mind that in the year 2000, the McMahons had not outstayed their welcome. Steph was heel extaordinaire, Vince was classic Vince, Shane was an increasingly awesome performer and Linda was a heroic good guy. As far as I was concerned, the match was very much about The Rock's quest for the title. The McMahon's just made it super interesting.

That build up is why I started properly watching wrestling, I don't know quite when WWE lost the ability to effectively build to WM but damn do I miss it, at the very least this year feels stronger than the last two but it's still lacking.

WM2000 itself is a bit of mixed bag but I do enjoy the triangle ladder match and Fatal 4 way elimination match, in fact I prefer the triangle ladder match to any of the following TLC matches with the same teams.

HHH needs a huge hand for many reasons...
- to shovel dirt with for emergency burying time with no actual shovel nearby
- to cover the head of a sledgehammer effectively
- to compliment his huge nose
- because Triple H actually means Hilariously Huge Hand
- so he can effectively handle and best the broom if he ever has to wrestle it to prove his point from last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom