• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Added to Wrestlemania will be a 12 Man tag match with teams seconded by Teddy Long and John Laurinaitis. The winning team will have their GM in control of Raw and Smackdown going forward.

As of last night, the plan was David Otunga & Christian & Mark Henry & Alberto Del Rio & Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger vs. Santino Marella & Kofi Kingston & Great Khali & Ezekiel Jackson & R-Truth & another name to be announced.

One source believed the last name could be the returning Rey Mysterio, but PWInsider.com could not confirm Mysterio is cleared to return to the ring. Evan Bourne could also be a possibility, as he'll be cleared from his Wellness suspension by then.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/66...set-could-feature-returning-top-star.html?p=1

Edit: Beaten.

Ithil

Not elimation tag?

Then it'll be like 3 minutes long.

I swear if Long is made GM of both shows I will be close to quitting for good. And no, I wasn't remotely close before, that's how little I want to see Long.

Go Team Excitement.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Are we assuming that the teams will be mostly split based on whether people are still listed as being "Raw" or "Smackdown" superstars on the WWE site?

If so:

Raw
David Otunga
Dolph Ziggler
Jack Swagger
The Miz
Alberto Del Rio*
Brodus Clay*

Smackdown
Santino Marella
Ezekiel Jackson
Justin Gabriel
Ted Debiase**
Great Khali**
Drew McIntyre

*Possibly swap either of these guys out for Mason Ryan

**Possibly switch with Christian if he's healthy enough

I predict that Teddy Long will have trouble finding someone to fill the last spot on his squad, and will give it to Drew McIntyre. Drew will screw the team since Laurenitis gave him his job back.

EDIT: If the Ace Team is indeed healthy enough to go, then disregard. I didn't use them because half of them are coming back from injury, and I didn't know if WWE wants Wrestlemania to be their first match back. I figured Kofi and Truth are going to be tied up with the tag titles. I stand by what I said about Drew McIntyre, though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
20120312_letter_from_board.jpg
Can I just say that I love how this is being presented as a way a publicly traded company would actually solve high level management issues?

In a TAG TEAM MATCH, PLAYA!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Are we assuming that the teams will be mostly split based on whether people are still listed as being "Raw" or "Smackdown" superstars on the WWE site?

If so:

Raw
David Otunga
Dolph Ziggler
Jack Swagger
The Miz
Alberto Del Rio*
Brodus Clay*

Smackdown
Santino Marella
Ezekiel Jackson
Justin Gabriel
Ted Debiase**
Great Khali**
Drew McIntyre

*Possibly swap either of these guys out for Mason Ryan

**Possibly switch with Christian if he's healthy enough

I predict that Teddy Long will have trouble finding someone to fill the last spot on his squad, and will give it to Drew McIntyre. Drew will screw the team since Laurenitis gave him his job back.

It will be heel v face. The teams are basically made if you think back the past few weeks.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I still say if this feud ends without Johnny giving Teddy the Ace Crusher, WWE sucks forever.

I want to go back to

One world heavy weight champ.
One intercon. champ.
One tag champ.

And maybe one other. Cruiser weight or TV champ or US champ.

I don't want it to be like WWE 12 where everyone has a belt.

bart jr

Neo Member
I'll definitely be looking out for your signs tonight, Bill. Any word on if you are making it to Columbus for Smackdown tomorrow?

I bought some posterboards yesterday but haven't actually made any signs yet. At least one will be a GAF shout-out, but most of the others will be Teddy Long lines since I'm dressing up like him, haha. I'm sitting right in front of the camera so I'm sure you guys will get to see me act a fool. Hopefully I'll get to see Rollins wrestle in a dark match. The last time I saw him wrestle live was in ROH in Dayton...against Bryan Danielson, actually.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I want to go back to

One world heavy weight champ.
One intercon. champ.
One tag champ.

And maybe one other. Cruiser weight or TV champ or US champ.

I don't want it to be like WWE 12 where everyone has a belt.
You can't have one world champion during the brand split. When the brand split started, they tried that, and it was terrible. The Champion would feud with someone on one show, and essentially do nothing significant on the other show. Besides, we wouldn't have Bryan as World champ if that were the case.

Entropia

No One Remembers
As of last night, the plan was David Otunga & Christian & Mark Henry & Alberto Del Rio & Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger vs. Santino Marella & Kofi Kingston & Great Khali & Ezekiel Jackson & R-Truth & another name to be announced.

Wait, what?? I'm so confused.

I guess at the last PPV there was that weird BS... Christian and Henry are on Smackdown! but they're fighting for Laurinitis?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
You can't have one world champion during the brand split. When the brand split started, they tried that, and it was terrible. The Champion would feud with someone on one show, and essentially do nothing significant on the other show. Besides, we wouldn't have Bryan as World champ if that were the case.
So what you're saying is that they should end Smackdown and use the Smackdown "roster" to round out the Raw roster... even though they already do that.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
So what you're saying is that they should end Smackdown and use the Smackdown "roster" to round out the Raw roster... even though they already do that.
I don't really want that, though. It would just be Cena and Orton on both shows constantly. Besides, SD! is like the only place where new guys actually get a decent chance to shine.

jmdajr

True, I wish Smackdown was live just like Raw though.

I think they would have to change the schedule. I think everyone gets wednesday/thursday off.

But you know.. why not just give them tuesday/wednesday off? You know? Then continue with the house shows on the weekend.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think they would have to change the schedule. I think everyone gets wednesday/thursday off.

But you know.. why not just give them tuesday/wednesday off? You know? Then continue with the house shows on the weekend.
Live tapings are also much more expensive.

Im hoping they brand split ends.

Why would anyone support Teddy Long? Like... at all?
The only people he's ever helped are Da Undertaker, Da Big Show, Da Randy Orton, and Da Sheamus. All of them have matches already.

Even guys like Santino and Truth have more reason to support Aces.

WTF is a Corre?

They feuded with APPLE

UberTag

Why would anyone support Teddy Long? Like... at all?
The only people he's ever helped are Da Undertaker, Da Big Show, Da Randy Orton, and Da Sheamus. All of them have matches already.

Even guys like Santino and Truth have more reason to support Aces.
WWE logic is good guys side with good guys.
Heels side with heels.
Doesn't matter whether they have more reason to support the other guy.
Black and white sides is lazy man's way to Creative. Also means you don't need to worry about explaining things like wrestler motivations.
Those just get in the way.

somedevil

So the card for wrestlemania now has 7 matches for the card so they need at least 2 more matches.

One will be Ryder versus my guess the miz because he isn't on the card yet and the final match could be a womans match or a tag team match for the titles.

so, will raw conclude with another rock/cena face off? they should change it up.

Great then they can each climb the turnbuckle and see who gets the loudest cheer.

I wonder what the E will do this week to shit on the Rock. Should be interesting. I can't believe Dwayne agreed to this. Its kind of tarnishing his legacy to me. Cena actually doesn't deserve the rub.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Great then they can each climb the turnbuckle and see who gets the loudest cheer.

I wonder what the E will do this week to shit on the Rock. Should be interesting. I can't believe Dwayne agreed to this. Its kind of tarnishing his legacy to me. Cena actually doesn't deserve the rub.

You think Rock cares about his legacy? He's just back to collect a fat paycheck.

Anth0ny

You think Rock cares about his legacy? He's just back to collect a fat paycheck.

It also helps that the crowd is going to be on Rock's side no matter what. Cena is going to get booed out of the fucking building at Mania.

Anyone remember the Hart Foundation when they came to Canada during their run as heels? They were cheered louder than anyone I could remember, while DX and Austin got booed to hell. Or more recently, when Punk returned to Chicago for MITB?

Now, I don't expect the Miami fans to be as loud as Canadian or Chicago fans, but Cena is going to look like shit no matter what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom