• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Beefy

Mania matches:

Raw:

Sasha vs Charlotte vs Bayley (Raw Women's Title)
Undertaker vs Roman
KO vs Jericho (US Title)
Goldberg vs Lesner (Universal Title)
Anderson/Gallows vs ?
Neville vs Aries
Rollins vs Triple H

Smackdown:

Womens Battle Royal ( fSmackdown Women's Title)
John Cena/ Bella vs Miz/Maryse
AJ vs Shane
Ambrose vs Corbin ( Inter Title)
Alpha vs Usos (?)
Orton vs Bray (WWE Championship)

Other:
Andre the Giant Battle Royal

Maybe's:

Joe vs ?
Balor vs ?
Big Show vs Shaq

Huge card

shaowebb

Just heard Jim Cornette on being asked what his "dream roster" would be and it turned into a very clear point being made that you can't just pick this, this, and this and have it be an amazing roster. Some guys are amazing at what they do in one promotion but in another roster just wouldn't work. If you got a roster of technical ground guys and one super high flyer the pacing gets off quick because they each have to stop the momentum on their side of the story and switch to the other guy's thing. He summed it up with the statement of "why didn't you like this guy? He's amazing." " Yeah, but not for the particular movie I'm casting."

Thinking on this I couldn't cast a roster with everyone I love together. The styles would clash and the in ring storytelling would build towards seperate products within the same show and the fans would never be satisfied as they'd argue over which half was better. It'd end up creating the Vince problem of a lot of the roster just plain not being able to make use of each other in the upper card unless I hit the lotto with several prodigies who can put on stellar matches with any style.

I think its like the John Morrison situation. Big muscular guy, agile, natural at the whole rockstar ego cool guy role. Does a few jumpy things like a no handed cartwheel, a moonsault and a corkscrew. Pretty agile guy. Put him in Lucha Underground though where the promos are few, and the high flyers are doing a million spins and corkscrews and while he still has some decent pull he just has less impact than he did elsewhere where he stood out more. You get over more there with a mask on than off, and the flippies are hard to keep up with in even the basic back and forth spots that tend to run long. He's great but its not quite his style enough to stand out there like he did in WWE.

I'd have to pick some sort of very tight structure to my roster to really make my product standout. A Bobby Lashley looking behemoth or a Super Flippy like Ospreay would only be side acts unless the card was built for that kind of show.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I wish the Smackdown women would stop doing that thing where they don't even come within 2 feet of making actual contact with each other.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mania matches:

Raw:

Sasha vs Charlotte vs Bayley
Undertaker vs Roman
KO vs Jericho
Goldberg vs Lesner
Anderson/Gallows vs ?
Big Show vs Shaq
Rollins vs Triple H

Smackdown:

Womens Battle Royal ( for the title)
AJ vs Shane
Ambrose vs Corbin
Alpha vs Usos (?)

Other:

Maybe's:

Joe vs ?
Balor vs ?
Neville vs ?

Huge card
Big Show/Shaq doesn't appear to be happening.

Neville is probably against Aries given the angle they're selling.

Balor is ready now. They should probably just do Balor/Joe to fill that out. The problem of course being that Joe really needs to go over to establish himself more.

Mania matches:

Raw:

Sasha vs Charlotte vs Bayley
Undertaker vs Roman
KO vs Jericho
Goldberg vs Lesner
Anderson/Gallows vs ?
Big Show vs Shaq
Rollins vs Triple H

Smackdown:

Womens Battle Royal ( for the title)
AJ vs Shane
Ambrose vs Corbin
Alpha vs Usos (?)

Other:

Maybe's:

Joe vs ?
Balor vs ?
Neville vs ?

Huge card
Orton and Bray

Bronx-Man

Banned
Random thought, but I can't believe Austin Aries is about to go from the swamp of TNA to fighting in a title match at WrestleMania.

Beefy

Big Show/Shaq doesn't appear to be happening.

Neville is probably against Aries given the angle they're selling.

Balor is ready now. They should probably just do Balor/Joe to fill that out. The problem of course being that Joe really needs to go over to establish himself more.

Show was calling out Shaq again the other day, I will put it in maybe though.

Orton and Bray

Cheers man! Knew I missed some

somedevil

Paige. Has to push that movie

Paige is injured and on the Raw roster.

Also this match is the one that is going to have also the past women as well though hopefully known of them win the match.

edit: Last years mania had 11 matches. This one can have up to 15 which is crazy.

Random thought, but I can't believe Austin Aries is about to go from the swamp of TNA to fighting in a title match at WrestleMania.

Has to be considered the betting favorite for Match of the Night too. 3 days in a row of WWE stuff, and for two of those nights Neville had easily the best match. He's completely revitalized that division

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

The strangest part is he spent all that time on NXT in go-nowhere programs, failing to get over even tho he had a sick ass fucking dracula cape. Now he's spent a few months on 205 commentary and he's one of the most over babyfaces on the main roster. . . . How?!

The strangest part is he spent all that time on NXT in go-nowhere programs, failing to get over even tho he had a sick ass fucking dracula cape. Now he's spent a few months on 205 commentary and he's one of the most over babyfaces on the main roster. . . . How?!
Hopefully they let him keep his edge of they decide on him being the face. He's a natural asshole.

Not way, but it's certainly better, and has more depth than Smackdown's. Every division.

Disagree Smackdown has multiple women's feuds where stuff actually happens. This week's promo's were awful but normally I would say they are way better on Smackdown and Talking Smack than RAW. Bayley, Charlotte, and Sasha stumble on their scripts regularly on RAW and the segments are awful. Its also good to not have the #Women'sRevolution shoved in your face the entire time and have everything be #Historic. Also no Stephanie.

somedevil

Disagree Smackdown has multiple women's feuds where stuff actually happens. This week's promo's were awful but normally I would say they are way better on Smackdown and Talking Smack than RAW. Bayley, Charlotte, and Sasha stumble on their scripts regularly on RAW and the segments are awful. Its also good to not have the #Women'sRevolution shoved in your face the entire time and have everything be #Historic. Also no Stephanie.

I think a problem is a depth issue. They need a lot more female talent on the main roster. They have signed up a lot more but they need a good amount of call ups.

Plus they should sign Jade right away and put her on the main roster too.

somedevil

Mania matches:

Raw:

Sasha vs Charlotte vs Bayley (Raw Women's Title)
Undertaker vs Roman
KO vs Jericho (US Title)
Goldberg vs Lesner (Universal Title)
Anderson/Gallows vs ?
Neville vs Aries
Rollins vs Triple H

Smackdown:

Womens Battle Royal ( fSmackdown Women's Title)
AJ vs Shane
Ambrose vs Corbin ( Inter Title)
Alpha vs Usos (?)
Orton vs Bray (WWE Championship)

Other:

Maybe's:

Joe vs ?
Balor vs ?
Big Show vs Shaq

Huge card

That seems like enough matches though if they do Balor vs Joe it might get lost in a 15 match card.

It's funny how WWE comes from a Mania in which they had to scramble whatever they could to form a card to a Mania in which there's too much going on.

If their booking wasn't as nonsensical as it always is, this Mania could've had one of the best cards ever.

Top Bottom