• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

GunBR

Miz's is overrated. Don't get me wrong, he can cut good promos, but no where near as good as some make it out to be.
IMO Miz is really boring at ring and that's why he is always stuck at midcard and probably will be there for the rest of his carreer

But he's amazing at mic, the best of the company at the moment

Hasney

Wonder if Miz would work in a heel stable with some good talent with the mouthpiece and a title with having to get through them to get to him.

In other news, and hold your shock, Lance Storm hated the Orton burning the cabin down angle (so did Callis)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhTv-TacoLQ

That said check out at the end, at least he gets why they did it and what the story is. I have zero issue with folks not liking a story, I take huge issue with wrestling analysts (and fans) not paying attention and thus not understanding the story and then blaming WWE for it all. This is why I enjoy Lance Storm even when I think he's wrong, he pays attention and argues his point well accordingly well except when he's talking about libraries

Wonder if Miz would work in a heel stable with some good talent with the mouthpiece and a title with having to get through them to get to him.

And their name would be:

Mizery!

Jamie OD

Getting a frog in my throat days before travelling to Germany for the 16 Carat tournament is not a good sign for my weekend. Hoping that goes away because I'm just as much looking forward to the social stuff attached to the shows than the wrestling itself.

Hasney

I saw some complaints on Twitter that they were disappointed Bray didn't show. I liked it. He's got to recoup after something like that major.

Hopefully they have something for Luke to do at Mania too, he's earned it.

gun_haver

I'm about to suggest some ridiculous bullshit.

If DB is intent on wrestling again, then could it be that his injuries are not as severe as people assume? Maybe that WWE, while eager to have him in a non-wrestling role so they can enjoy his popularity and amiable on-screen persona, are also happy to have him removed from their in-ring storylines and therefore to dissolve the audience's focus on him when they are trying to get other performers over whom they think are better suited to go on billboards and talk shows, etc?

I'm sure it would be safer for him to never wrestle again, but that's something which is always true for everybody. It might be that he isn't one suplex away from a vegetative state...but maybe the WWE is happy to have him under contract and out of the ring. Meanwhile, DB will take the money and do his best at the job he has, while biding his time for when he can go elsewhere and do what he likes to do.

Caderfix

No one has said that.

Read what I said again and you'll see I didn' t say someone did :)

I said there are so many exaggerated praises that it gives me that impression, specially back when he cut his first promo in talking smack (the one about how he's always present).

I'm about to suggest some ridiculous bullshit.

If DB is intent on wrestling again, then could it be that his injuries are not as severe as people assume? Maybe that WWE, while eager to have him in a non-wrestling role so they can enjoy his popularity and amiable on-screen persona, are also happy to have him removed from their in-ring storylines and therefore to dissolve the audience's focus on him when they are trying to get other performers over whom they think are better suited to go on billboards and talk shows, etc?

I'm sure it would be safer for him to never wrestle again, but that's something which is always true for everybody. It might be that he isn't one suplex away from a vegetative state...but maybe the WWE is happy to have him under contract and out of the ring. Meanwhile, DB will take the money and do his best at the job he has, while biding his time for when he can go elsewhere and do what he likes to do.

No.

The issue is that brain injuries are still not especially well understood and wwf doesn't want lawsuits and bad press when there's a chance he may have a serious problem. And he may have a serious problem, we just don't know because the science isn't there yet.

Bryan's situation is weird. I thought he got cleared by a bunch of external doctors but WWE doctors denied him, then they did a newer run of tests on him and found a lesion or something on his brain and he admitted to having seizures after taking head bumps and stuff like that and freaked out about performing.

klonere

Banned
Sanada is very handsome and has a nice suit but he needs to get his dumb hair under control

C6VQ1RCWAAUBuh8.jpg

Read what I said again and you'll see I didn' t say someone did :)

I said there are so many exaggerated praises that it gives me that impression, specially back when he cut his first promo in talking smack (the one about how he's always present).

But those were great promos and treated as such... this implication of super greatness beyond all previous definitions of greatness is entirely your creation. Many folks just simply like Miz's promos there's nothing exaggerated about that.

Caderfix

But those were great promos and treated as such... this implication of super greatness beyond all previous definitions of greatness is entirely your creation. Many folks just simply like Miz's promos there's nothing exaggerated about that.

I guess that's where we're not meeting eye to eye. To me, the promo was good and praised as amazing. This is just a matter of opinion, many have the opinion he is great (like you for example), and that is precisely why it is overrated, to me. I just don't feel the same way.

KO is my #1 and even then I don't think his promos deserve the level of praise Miz's get.

Pikma

Banned
I mean, Miz already had the Spirit Squad, and it was fun

Too bad they magically disappeared as soon as Cena came back

I guess that's where we're not meeting eye to eye. To me, the promo was good and praised as amazing. This is just a matter of opinion, many have the opinion he is great (like you for example), and that is precisely why it is overrated, to me. I just don't feel the same way.

KO is my #1 and even then I don't think his promos deserve the level of praise Miz's get.

There's a huge difference between

1) People like a thing and I don't and

2)The People liking a thing means they are saying that that thing is 5000 times better than this other thing.

That said you said more #2 first and I was a wee bit hostile so my apologies on that

uuuugh PROGRESS have been changing some entrance themes and are looking for more

I cared less when Rev Pro did it cause it's rev pro, but that's such a part of the progress feel

I saw some complaints on Twitter that they were disappointed Bray didn't show. I liked it. He's got to recoup after something like that major.

Hopefully they have something for Luke to do at Mania too, he's earned it.
As long as he does come out before Mania to threaten/challenge Orton it should be fine.

Needs to come out next week all 'oi cunt, who u fink ur dealin wiv, i'll bash ur fuckin 'ead in swear on me Sister Abigail'

Pikma

Banned
Maybe some people need to see Miz actually murder someone with just words in order to recognize he's the best promo in the world right now, probably top 15 in history

Caderfix

There's a huge difference between

1) People like a thing and I don't and

2)The People liking a thing means they are saying that that thing is 5000 times better than this other thing.

That said you said more #2 first and I was a wee bit hostile so my apologies on that

I said both 1 and 2. 1) I don't agree that it is as good as some make it out to be, so 2) the praises are exaggerated as far as my opinion goes. It's subjective.

I guess you thought I was passing my opinion as objective, if so, it's understandable that you called me out.

No worries, all good.

Aiii

So not worth it
Miz's mic work was never in question. At least, not in this thread.

His gimmick might have been a point of discussion. His ring work is what it is. But I'm pretty sure his promos have always been rated.

I said both 1 and 2. 1) I don't agree that it is as good as some make it out to be, so 2) the praises are exaggerated as far as my opinion goes. It's subjective.

I guess you thought I was passing my opinion as objective, if so, it's understandable that you called me out.

No worries, all good.

*Too Sweets you*

tri_willy

What are the odds Cena will propose to Nikki during Wrestlemania after the match???

Preferable I'd like to see Miz/Maryse go over in the match

Good god at the Miz shooting!!! License to kill

What are the odds Cena will propose to Nikki during Wrestlemania after the match???

Preferable I'd like to see Miz/Maryse go over in the match

Good god at the Miz shooting!!! License to kill

I want Cena/Nikki to win and then for Cena to get on one knee only to have Miz Daniel Bryan kick his head off, while Maryse holds Nikki back, and leave doing the Yes taunt.

Imagine the nuclear heat if Bryan turned heel and teamed with Miz over this move

Heh Miz starts DB kicking Cena and all of a sudden Bryan's music hits and he comes down with a mic saing :That's enough, Miz that's enough", Bryan gets in the ring "This is how you do it" and kicks Cena's head off.

I mean horrible business decision but would be a spectacle.

Hoss Alert

C6YYmi-WAAAunnf.jpg

Also apparently the show us Friday lol

MAIN EVENT
ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

ROH WORLD CHAMPION ADAM COLE vs. “ALMIGHTY” CHRISTOPHER DANIELS

ROH WORLD TELEVISION TITLE MATCH
MARTY SCURLL (c) vs. LIO RUSH

ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE KINGDOM (MATT TAVEN, VINNY MARSEGLIA, & TK O’RYAN) vs. DALTON CASTLE & THE BOYS

TOP CONTENDERS MATCH
JAY LETHAL vs. “THE INFAMOUS” BOBBY FISH

BULLY RAY & THE BRISCOES (JAY & MARK) vs. WAR MACHINE (HANSON & RAY ROWE) & DAVEY BOY SMITH JR.

ALSO SIGNED TO COMPETE:

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE HARDYS (MATT & JEFF)
THE YOUNG BUCKS
ROPPONGI VICE

Caderfix

How was Smackdown last night? I didn't have the chance to watch it, I just listened to talking smack a couple hours ago.

Should I actually watch it?

How was Smackdown last night? I didn't have the chance to watch it, I just listened to talking smack a couple hours ago.

I enjoyed watching it, but there was only something like 3 matches.

You should definitely watch Talking Smack, at least.

Orton vs AJ is good.

Cena/Nikk Miz/Maryse stuff was good

That's basically it...

Smackdown Women had a horrible segment and a mediocre tag match, and the opening segment was crap.

So watch those two segments (or skip Miz i if you don't like his promos) and screw the rest

Bliss on Talking Smack did better at selling her Mania match than the segment they put her in on Smackdown did. So yeah

With the exception of Orton/AJ Talking Smack was the better show lol

Top Bottom