• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

I hope the Smackdown women's match is a ladder match.

Or a 15 minute championship scramble

Also catching up on the thread lol @ one bad segment means the Smackdown women's division all of a sudden sucks.

Hasney

YOU FOUND ME DEAN

YOU FOUND ME

There was a Mojo Rawley segment between the Corbin segments and he sounded more human.

Pikma

Banned
Cagesideseats rumors are interesting today

Miz’s promo material from the March 7 SmackDown about John Cena & Nikki Bella’s relationship being “for the cameras” and designed to make them more marketable is based on real backstage WWE gossip.

When Dean Ambrose vs. Baron Corbin gets added to the WrestleMania card, expect it to be some sort of gimmick match.

The line-up for SmackDown’s Women’s title match at Mania is left open in hopes Naomi can be cleared and Eva Marie’s schedule is open.

Continued mixed signals on The Hardys future, as they were reportedly spotted in Pittsburgh last week, leading to speculation they were there to take their WWE physicals.

While at the same time, Matt filed for a trademark on the “Broken” character, which would likely mean if they came to WWE, it would be with their old or a different gimmick.

They're still cagesideseats tho, so it could all very well be bullshit

Cagesideseats rumors are interesting today

They're still cagesideseats tho, so it could all very well be bullshit

The undefined participants in the women’s match was pretty clearly designed to allow Naomi to return if she's ready without it ruining anything if she's not. It's pretty ingenious

Hasney

lol Eva Maries schedule.

"Hello female talent contracted to WWE. Do you think you could squeeze in a womens title match at Wrestlemania? It is kind of our biggest event. SMOOCHES!"

Seijuro

Really hope they cut back on the segments and are going through with a packed card this year at WM. They have about 13 or 14 matches ready to go. Last WMs hab considerably less matches, with between 7 and 9 matches on the main card, and between 1 and 3 matches on the preshow.
I doubt they can fit more than 3 matches on the preshow, so we should have a main card with at least 10 matches.

Edit for Smackdown thoughts:
Good luck building a compelling feud and officially announcing a match between AJ and Shane in just three shows. AJ better go full heel next SD and really demolish Shane to cover some ground, because that feud is gonna miss some heat otherwise.

DjiNn7o.gif

Hopefully Charles gets to reprise his role again this year

Lol Daniel Bryan shitting on Raw Talk... dude gives no fucks.

Bliss and Bryan have amazing chemistry on Talking Smack

Omg the Hey Mickey lyrics repartee with Bryan... perfect.

Kurita

Lol Daniel Bryan shitting on Raw Talk... dude gives no fucks.

Bliss and Bryan have amazing chemistry on Talking Smack

Omg the Hey Mickey lyrics repartee with Bryan... perfect.

They have a good "Daddiest dad that has ever daded" vs "Annoying teenage daughter" dynamic

Miz was great on talking smack. Vince wouldn't let him say that on smackdown in a million years.

Looks like Bryan's still intent on wrestling again, though that may change when he has a kid.

Didn't the Hardys sign contracts with ROH though?

No one would tell Meltz how long it was for, which makes it sound like it's a short term contract. I guess we'll know soon if they start getting advertised for indy bookings past may.

They have a good "Daddiest dad that has ever daded" vs "Annoying teenage daughter" dynamic

Totally!

It's brilliant

Damn that AJ footage was great.

And Miz is amazing. God Talking Smack is worth the 9.99$ a month alone.

Ha ha nice! Miz's mic is his patented upside-down down WWE logo just like on regular TV shows.

Toki767

I feel like they need to at least ban Miz from mentioning Bryan not being able to wrestle again.

Cause you know that's probably the only thing Bryan takes personally out of everything anyone says when they're on Talking Smack.

Shit Miz mixing in how bullied he was when he came in.

Jesus Bryan calling a WWE shill...

Fuck: Bryan is going to get himself killed in some dumb indy company who is stupid enough to hire him to sell out a couple of thousand seat gymnasium in a year and a half.

That "they won't let me (wrestle) we'll see in a year and a half" comment is disconcerting.
I feel like they need to at least ban Miz from mentioning Bryan not being able to wrestle again.

Cause you know that's probably the only thing Bryan takes personally out of everything anyone says when they're on Talking Smack.

I was about to disagree, because it makes for good tv, until it happened on the show just now and Bryan's answer is chilling and not in a good way

Toki767

Shit Miz mixing in how bullied he was when he came in.

Jesus Bryan calling a WWE shill...

Fuck: Bryan is going to get himself killed in some dumb indy company who is stupid enough to hire him to sell out a couple of thousand seat gymnasium in a year and a half.

That "they won't let me (wrestle) we'll see in a year and a half" comment is disconcerting.

Miz was right.

But Bryan was right too. Miz is basically a WWE shill. His entire Real World thing was about wanting to be in the WWE.

They really need to stop allowing people to say to Bryan's face that he can't wrestle anymore. Even if it's scripted. You can tell it bothers him and it makes him want to do it even more.

Miz was right.

But Bryan was right too. Miz is basically a WWE shill. His entire Real World thing was about wanting to be in the WWE.

They really need to stop allowing people to say to Bryan's face that he can't wrestle anymore. Even if it's scripted. You can tell it bothers him and it makes him want to do it even more.

Oh for sure Bryan isn't wrong that's why it was a great TV moment. Miz's love for WWE though is what makes his persona work so well especially up against John Cena who now a glorified part timer likes to insinuate that no one loves the company and wrestling as much as he does. He did it to AJ, he's done it to The Miz.

Annd yeah if they keep poking at Bryan about not being able to wrestle (unless there's some super secret doctor's report that says he can that WWE is sitting on for a shock return... which there damn well isn't) they need to stop this because he'll leave when his contract is up and thats bad for Smackdown and Talking Smack and worse for Bryan and Brie because he's going to get himself severely injured if not killed because god love the guy but he's all heart and no survival instinct.

Hasney

I love hearing the Miz talk and sometimes he can pull out a decent match. That one against Ziggler with Zigglers career on the line was great. But no amount of talking can make me look forward to him in the ring as 9 times outta 10 it's just not great.

Miz's is overrated. Don't get me wrong, he can cut good promos, but no where near as good as some make it out to be.

Oh nonsense he's top 3 on the mic right now in the company (Miz, Jericho, Owens can all fight for the #1 spot it's a toss up on any given week)

And Miz could make a case for top 10/top 15 talkers of all time.

Hasney

Apollo Crews with personality being unscripted on Talking Smack. Godammit.

DB: "Can we talk about pimps in their cribs?"

Kurita

Apollo Crews with personality being unscripted on Talking Smack. Godammit.

DB: "Can we talk about pimps in their cribs?"

I'm sorry but I think he was still bland as hell during Talking Smack aside from him singing on the way out.
He kept repeating the same generic "I worked hard and everybody knows I work hard and I'll show you that my hard work will pay" shit during his whole interview.

Caderfix

What? Miz is one of the best mic workers in WWE

Sure, but no where near as good as people make it out to be. Based on comments it looks like he's not only the best ever, but also twice as good as the second best of all time.

Oh nonsense he's top 3 on the mic right now in the company (Miz, Jericho, Owens can all fight for the #1 spot it's a toss up on any given week)

And Miz could make a case for top 10/top 15 talkers of all time.

When I say people overestimate how good a performer is it doesn't mean I think said performer is not good.

UberTag

I love hearing the Miz talk and sometimes he can pull out a decent match. That one against Ziggler with Zigglers career on the line was great. But no amount of talking can make me look forward to him in the ring as 9 times outta 10 it's just not great.
That Fatal 4-Way match between The Miz, Cesaro, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens at Extreme Rules last year was also something special.

Hasney

I'm sorry but I think he was still bland as hell during Talking Smack aside from him singing on the way out.
He kept repeating the same generic "I worked hard and everybody knows I work hard and I'll show you that my hard work will pay" shit during his whole interview.

It's more that his inflection was more human. He was still playing into the shitty character they gave him.

He did repeat everything he said, unfortunately I found it really awkward. Sentences were running into each other with him repeating what he had just said.

Top Bottom