• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Beefy

Hoss Alert

C6YYmi-WAAAunnf.jpg

Also apparently the show us Friday lol

Guy on the left has taken too many chairs to the head.

Zach

Miz's mic work was never in question. At least, not in this thread.

His gimmick might have been a point of discussion. His ring work is what it is. But I'm pretty sure his promos have always been rated.
He may be a good promo relative to his contemporaries...

Jamie OD

The site still needs a lot of work. When I checked a couple of weeks ago they still need to upload a LOT of stuff too.

Yeah DDT Universe was missing most of the 2016 Korakuen Hall shows when it launched but they've been filling the gaps which is where most of the notable matches are. It's good at getting the current shows up quickly though so if you're just following 2017 it's fine.

Striker

C'mon now. Promos are like punches: everyone in wrestling was better at them pre-1990.
There was someone who said Cena was top 5 ever in here. I mean, really. The same guy who gives this careless half-smile smirk every time an opponent cuts a serious promo to him and that's his response.

sajj316

Amazing shoot promo by Miz.. Straight savage on the mic. A lot more interested about this mixed tag match. Miz should go over.

Man I really hope they insert AJ in the championship match and make it a triple threat. The folks who attend Wrestlemania are going to boo Randy and Bray.

Strax

I'll never understand how WWE wrestlers are treated like independent contractors when they are fired but not when they want to quit. WWE might be the only company in the world with independent contractors and a non-compete clause.

Caderfix

There was a time when I thought that kind of "hardcore" stuff was cool. Now I look at it and think "why?" while I feel bad for the performers.

I'll never understand how WWE wrestlers are treated like independent contractors when they are fired but not when they want to quit. WWE might be the only company in the world with independent contractors and a non-compete clause.

I really don't know how they get away with their contracts. If someone really wants to leave WWE rarely goes to court, I assume because it would get thrown out but it is really weird.

I know a lot of us joke about the wrestling business being carny as fuck, despite pur loving it, it really is a dodgy and fairly fucking horribly carny business.

Their contacts don't hold up in court. Bryan probably has a decent contract. Might as well cash a check just to shoot

Man I really hope they insert AJ in the championship match and make it a triple threat. The folks who attend Wrestlemania are going to boo Randy and Bray.

Why would they add AJ to a blood feud for no reason...

Also folks like Bray so I think it'll be ok... It's not Orton vs Batista we're talking about.

Zach

There was a time when I thought that kind of "hardcore" stuff was cool. Now I look at it and think "why?" while I feel bad for the performers.
Yeah, I'm with you to an extent. Even worse, though, is after I've seen something spectacular once, I usually don't need to see it again for a long while. So it's really sad that when it's happening all the time, dudes are killing themselves while I'm just yawning.

That's me and Biggest-Geek-Ever!

I still have half the show to watch, but it's been pretty solid so far. Not sure what happened with the Moser/Drake match as I looked away and then it was over. Travis Banks is going over with the crowd and his match with Devlin was really solid.

The heat the Power Couple get is only rivaled by Sebastian and Zack Gibson.

I also realized Jack Sexsmith in Miami, if he's going, is going to be very interesting. I don't know if the WWE crowd has ever experienced someone like him before.

Top Bottom