• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Heroman

Banned
Far less.

People have ludicrious expectations about Japan being wrestling paradise. There's a reason there's a ton of skepticism about NJPW's expansion plans - they already can't sell out their marquee event in Japan and they were struggling mightily only like five years ago.

House show matches involve working for 10 minutes a day doing completely by-the-numbers safe matches.
One of problem with dome shows is that for the past few years the 4th was on a week day and wrestling not hot enough for people to take off.

And the travel is more of a problem then number of matches.

Kaladin

It's time for Hulkamania to run wild again, brother!!!

New Day segment !

You know, I would say Hogan needs money....and maybe he hasn't got paid from Gawker yet, but damn son....

Meet and Greet Tickets:
Each Ticket will permit 1 (one) autograph and 1 (one) photo.
If you do not have an item you'd like to get signed, we will have 8x10 photos available.

$150.00 Standard per adult (per day) - Adult ticket for getting any standard item autographed (e.g. figure, shirt, bandana, 8x10, etc.)
$200.00 Premium per adult (per day) - Adult ticket to get a premium item autographed (e.g. replica belts, large posters, seat backs, WrestleMania chairs, etc.)
$100.00 per Child 14 and under (per day)

$200 to get your belt signed by Hogan.

And charging for kids? Come on man......

RBH

Hulk is in town, brother.

0925-hulk-hogan-dress-code-1-700x520.jpg

Foggy

Omega should have been wrestling AJ this year :'(

I'll never understand this sentiment. If and when Omega gets to the WWE it won't be the Omega we know now. His promos will be filtered by WWE creative, the matches will be a fraction of the quality, and the matches will be drenched in Otunga pop culture references and Ranallo screeching MAMA MIA after a hiptoss.

The best you can hope for is someone like AJ who is the exception to the rule. Even then, it took almost half a year for him to be good in matches. Kenta, Kana, Sombra, the list goes on of talented wrestlers whose best WWE performances pale in comparison to the work they made their names on.

It makes me laugh when people delude themselves into thinking every star that doesn't get pushed can just go to Japan. Unless you are a Japanese person who speaks Japanese, just being a good worker doesn't guarantee you shit.

Irony talks right? Because Juice nothing that you mention yet he's gaining momentum.

I can only imagine how god fucking awful he was on NXT if he's being talked as one of the most improved wrestlers in the last few years.

It was planned, plans were just sped up because of Balor's injury.
The revealed plans were that he would fight Balor for the belt for a PPV or two, but I don't think it was ever said he would get the belt.

If Balor never got injured and was still champ, he probably wouldn't have dropped the belt for some time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So is KO's push over?

I doubt it. He's probably going back to 2nd Tier though.

I'll never understand this sentiment. If and when Omega gets to the WWE it won't be the Omega we know now. His promos will be filtered by WWE creative, the matches will be a fraction of the quality, and the matches will be drenched in Otunga pop culture references and Ranallo screeching MAMA MIA after a hiptoss.

The best you can hope for is someone like AJ who is the exception to the rule. Even then, it took almost half a year for him to be good in matches. Kenta, Kana, Sombra, the list goes on of talented wrestlers whose best WWE performances pale in comparison to the work they made their names on.

I mean...I guess. A lot of the super-hyped Japanese matches people lose their shit over look like matches where someone's eventually going to actually die.

I wonder what AJ does after jobbing to Shane at Wrestlemania.
Win or lose, he's going to be fine. Feuding with Shane might be shit but it's not a sign they hate AJ. If anything Vince trusting him with his son just shows how high he thinks of him.

My prediction is he fights Orton for the belt at Summerslam.

I know, I just thought he will never be as hot as he was 3 months ago. NEVER!
In fact you can already see that NJPW are going to be pushing him down a little.

klonere

Banned
Tana has been knocked out of the NJ Cup for the last three years in a row generally in the first round.

Losing in the NJ Cup to Ishii doesn't mean all that much.

And then Jericho will win the No. 1 contendership to the Universal Title

Isn't StrowMan vs Lesnar rumored to be the next program.

Win or lose, he's going to be fine. Feuding with Shane might be shit but it's not a sign they hate AJ. If anything Vince trusting him with his son just shows how high he thinks of him.

My prediction is he fights Orton for the belt at Summerslam.

I don't think they think low of him for booking him that way but he's feuded with everyone on Smackdown already.

jurgen

It's not the promos that make Kenny Omega so great. It's his actual in ring skill. That being said, I would be worried to see him change his style for the more slow-paced WWE main roster style. Though there's several guys that could match his intensity to wrestle a good match with him: Zayn, Styles, Owens, Nak, Balor, Reigns, and maybe Ziggler.

Isn't StrowMan vs Lesnar rumored to be the next program.

Lesnar's probably just going to hold the belt and not defend it for most of the summer. We'll get a series of stuff like Balor, Strowman, Roman, etc feuding for the #1 contender's spot.

Pikma

Banned
I want all my indie darlings in Japan damnit!!!!!!!!

I cannot wait to see El Generico beat the shit out of Okada and pin him with just one blue thunder bomb at Wrestle Kingdom 13 because that's totally reasonable, everything is perfect in japan!

Except it isn't, there's a limited amount of spots for gaijins, if that wasn't the case everyone remotely talented in ROH would've moved there full time already. Yes, if guys like Cesaro and Sami left they'd have a guaranteed spot, but for everyone that's lower on the card it would take a lot more effort, let alone risk, and just because Juice Robinson made it doesn't guarantee they'll make it at all.

klonere

Banned
why are video game personalities and video game culture suddenly even more racist than fucking pro wrestling

people leaping to defend "WE MUST PROTECT THE GENE POOL" motherfuckers. how did it get this. how?

why are video game personalities and video game culture suddenly even more racist than fucking pro wrestling

people leaping to defend "WE MUST PROTECT THE GENE POOL" motherfuckers. how did it get this. how?

Consequences of that gamergate shit. I like Colin, but even I have to admit he goes too far.

Now JonTron, that's another level of assholeness.

It's the saddest thread of all time, daddeh. Check it out.

Oh boy, read the first page, Jim Sterling gave Zelda a 7? Yep, that's the answer for that. Nintendo fanboys, calm the fuck down.

Anyway, wrasslin' is fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
real talk, we're honestly not expecting AJ to lose to Shane right? I mean its bad enough the match exists. Im being completely serious here, I have been assuming the win, and with little effort, was a given?

I mean, Strowman has like 115 pounds on Lesnar
Didn't stop him during last years rumble.

real talk, we're honestly not expecting AJ to lose to Shane right? I mean its bad enough the match exists. Im being completely serious here, I have been assuming the win, and with little effort, was a given?
Like Sweeney Tom said a few pages back, there's a potential chance Shane kicks out of a Styles Clash. We're gonna have fun watching AJ bump like a mad man for selling Shane's punches.

Top Bottom