• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

I still think Juice Robinson is a dark horse given the build towards a title feud with Naito has already begun... and they've been really hot on him....

Not predicting him but I think there's a chance.

It would be nice if it is Ishii. He never got a title match after beating Okada during the G1 so with a New Japan Cup win to his name the Ishii / Okada match of our dreams will happen.
I do wonder how that will work with them being in the same stable? I kinda figured that's why he didn't get a rematch in the first place

Heroman

Banned
I still think Juice Robinson is a dark horse given the build towards a title feud with Naito has already begun... and they've been really hot on him....

Naw, to win the cup now you got to be on a certain level and juice isn't on that level yet , andthey need a big match to sell out sumo hall and juice vs Okada is not that match.

RBH

hqdefault.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WMrRwXOaoY

Juice is slowly climbing up in terms of crowd love, but I don't think he's main event level yet. I still don't find him overly exciting in the ring, but he is doing well with the guys he's been facing this year.

Silent_Z

I wonder if AA will get a segment tonight.

They're in the preview so they should be safe from dark match hell.

I'm just hoping SD treats the tag division with more respect and actually builds a match for WM instead of making the title match the "we have nothing for you" option like they did with the women.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Juice Robeinson should be a tale for everyone at NXT.

If you want to bet on yourself you need to try and get to japan.

It makes me laugh when people delude themselves into thinking every star that doesn't get pushed can just go to Japan. Unless you are a Japanese person who speaks Japanese, just being a good worker doesn't guarantee you shit.

Heroman

Banned
It makes me laugh when people delude themselves into thinking every star that doesn't get pushed can just go to Japan. Unless you are a Japanese person who speaks Japanese, just being a good worker doesn't guarantee you shit.
It guarantees​ you hell of a lot more than WWE does. A good worker will find usually success in Japan if his head is I'm the right place.

Naw, to win the cup now you got to be on a certain level and juice isn't on that level yet , andthey need a big match to sell out sumo hall and juice vs Okada is not that match.

Not Okada... Naito... the winner gets to pick the title he goes for...and Juice has been repeatedly attacked by Naito leading into the Cup tourney and said at the press conference that if he won he was explicitly going for Naito because he feels Naito disrespects the IWGP IC title and thus the boys in the locker room.

Again he's my dark horse because the story is there but I won't say I think he's going to.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It guarantees​ you hell of a lot more than WWE does. A good worker will find usually success in Japan if his head is I'm the right place.

Except that's not actually true. You can't just "go to Japan." You have to get hired by NJPW, which doesn't just hire everyone, and they certainly don't pay anywhere near what WWE pays. Jinder Mahal can't just pack up and head for NJPW.

Heroman

Banned
Except that's not actually true. You can't just "go to Japan." You have to get hired by NJPW, which doesn't just hire everyone, and they certainly don't pay anywhere near what WWE pays. Jinder Mahal can't just pack up and head for NJPW.
Jinder is a bad wreslter and has no value what so ever so of NJPW wouldn't want him but a guy like Sami or Cesaro they would be pick up in a heartbeat

Tall4Life

Doesn't NJPW pay noticeably less than WWE?

Their top guys get similar salaries to top guys in WWE if you factor in that WWE guys have to pay for practically all of their other expenses themselves, while the NJPW guys do get benefits, which include housing and transportation I think

Sephzilla

Their top guys get similar salaries to top guys in WWE if you factor in that WWE guys have to pay for practically all of their other expenses themselves, while the NJPW guys do get benefits, which include housing and transportation I think

Ahhh ok. And travel in Japan is less extensive than WWE because the country is smaller. What do the mid/lower card guys get paid though?

Angry Grimace

Doesn't NJPW pay noticeably less than WWE?

Far less.

People have ludicrious expectations about Japan being wrestling paradise. There's a reason there's a ton of skepticism about NJPW's expansion plans - they already can't sell out their marquee event in Japan and they were struggling mightily only like five years ago.

They do, but they also are working far less.

House show matches involve working for 10 minutes a day doing completely by-the-numbers safe matches.

Angry Grimace

People working themselves into a shoot over review scores of games and movies is some real carny shit.

Top Bottom