• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

ReiGun

Just starting Smackdown after sleeping through it.

Miz is dismantling Cena on this MizTV segment. Whew.

Then Cena came back!

It's a shame this feud is gonna be wasted on some intergender tag for Nikki. Miz and Cena could make magic together.

ReiGun

Cena is lucky they scripted it for him to have the last word. Or else.

Yup. Miz is one of the few dudes on the current roster Cena can't just bully on the mic.

I'm sorry to say but this whole feud is going to be brought down by Maryse and Nikki. Whole segment went downhill as soon as Maryse took the mic.

Adree

Hmmm now that I think of it, I wonder how a match between Tom and the "face fuck me Finn" girl would go

n15nJBq.jpg

Yup. Miz is one of the few dudes on the current roster Cena can't just bully on the mic.

I'm sorry to say but this whole feud is going to be brought down by Maryse and Nikki. Whole segment went downhill as soon as Maryse took the mic.
Maryse is about that shoot life. Nikki, not so much. She'll break herself again.

Adree

Horizon has some really good writing. Ashly Burch is using the same voice she used for Chloe in Life is Strange :3

Yes Steiner is getting his rematch. Fuck hhh and his doctor. I swear flair better not interfere

Wait he's facing Batista? Man, fuck this guy

Striker

I think cm punk was the only one to be on par with Cena on the mic, I haven't really seen anyone destroy cena on it

but miz could crush it on the response next week
You forget Edge, Rock, Batista? Easily met, if not made him look foolish, on the mic. Christian was doing it in '05 before he left.

ReiGun

"Cause everything on you is phony."

Even Ellsworth is shooting. Smackdown bout to be straight fuckery on the road to Wrestlemania.

I noticed Gable doesnt bring out that ready willing gable towel since JBL mocked the shit out of him on Talking Shoot.

He made the right call not because it was stupid or anything but he probably would have caught a ton of heat if he kept coming out with it after JBL told them to get rid of it. At the same time he probably caught heat for following what JBL said instead of standing up to him. Tha Wrasslin Business™

ReiGun

Finished Shootdown Live.

- I skipped the 2 out of 3 falls match. I just have no interest in seeing Becky and Mickie again. Both women's divisions really need some new blood. Regal and them gotta get those NXT girls ready. Smackdown Women's match at Mania is gonna be a Fatal Four Way, I guess?

- So Cena ain't give a fuck when Nikki was getting the fire beat out of her and getting put on that Summer Jam screen every week by Mella and Nattie, but he got her on standby for Maryse? What a dick. And no one wants to see them vs Mellasworth.

- Luke v AJ was good, but we all expected that. Fuck finish was a bit much, but we gotta build to that WM match. Crowd is so behind Harper.

- They only thing you can say for Curt Hawkins is that at least he gets more regularly featured on TV than Jack Swagger.

- Corbin/Ambrose has potential to be a good IC title feud. Hopefully they let Corbin get a clean pin on Dean to win the title.

- Crews v Ziggler......nah. Nope. This whole feud has been trash. Textbook example of how to book a feud where no one gets over.

- No tag division?

- Final segment with Randy and Bray was good. It's coming a little quick following last week, but whatever. Nitpicking.

Overall, an entertaining night of Smackdown Live. I wonder how much of the WM card Smackdown is going to get. They've got potential to get some good stuff ready for the card, but Mania is going to be stacked and most of the big stars are on Raw.

Why would anyone care about Batista and Orton being together with hunter and flair? Is this just Hunter trying to be carried by someone much better than him in a group again?

Sometimes you have to just take a step back and realize that wrestling journalists don't always seem to pay attention to these shows

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ades-reaction-and-highlights-from-february-28

After all, Orton came across as the diabolical heel while the crying, prone and vulnerable Wyatt looked like the babyface. It is confusing psychology if, in fact, the roles are meant to be reversed. Also, why would The Viper pledge allegiance two weeks earlier if the goal was to betray him so quickly?

Literally this has been spelled out (especially since Elimination Chamber). Orton had been gaining more and more favour with Wyatt, more and more trust, taking the spear at Survivor Series, always being in Wyatt's corner and this culminated two weeks ago with the ultimate display of "loyalty": "sacrificing" his WrestleMania title shot . This act made Wyatt believe he had found a true brother and thus as he literally said last week able to entrust him with the keys to his kingdom or whatever. Hence he showed him where the compound is, where Sister Abigail is, and trusted him to be there alone....Kayfabe wise the story was always Orton waiting to get to Sister Abigail's corpse,so it's not quickly like at all it is the culmination of all these months.

Now you can argue they should have held off Orton getting to the compound... but you can't argue kayfabe and story wise that it was too soon because this shit has been spelled out over the past few weeks. It's actually one of the rare moments of perfect foreshadowing that I've seen in a long time by WWE.

It is also too early to complain about heel or face because there's a damn good chance Bray is turning face and Orton is going heel in this (especially after Bryan says he'd never have done that to Bray), bitch about that in retrospect later if Orton stays face and Bray heel.

Adree

Sometimes you have to just take a step back and realize that wrestling journalists don't always seem to pay attention to these shows

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ades-reaction-and-highlights-from-february-28

Literally this has been spelled out (especially since Elimination Chamber). Orton had been gaining more and more favour with Wyatt, more and more trust, taking the spear at Survivor Series, always being in Wyatt's corner and this culminated two weeks ago with the ultimate display of "loyalty": "sacrificing" his WrestleMania title shot . This act made Wyatt believe he had found a true brother and thus as he literally said last week able to entrust him with the keys to his kingdom or whatever. Hence he showed him where the compound is, where Sister Abigail is, and trusted him to be there alone....Kayfabe wise the story was always Orton waiting to get to Sister Abigail's corpse,so it's not quickly like at all it is the culmination of all these months.

Now you can argue they should have held off Orton getting to the compound... but you can't argue kayfabe and story wise that it was too soon because this shit has been spelled out over the past few weeks. It's actually one of the rare moments of perfect foreshadowing that I've seen in a long time by WWE.

It is also too early to complain about heel or face because there's a damn good chance Bray is turning face and Orton is going heel in this (especially after Bryan says he'd never have done that to Bray), bitch about that in retrospect later if Orton stays face and Bray heel.

It's always baffling to me when "insiders" don't understand these simple storylines.

justjim89

Man, WWE just can't get over the fact that they'll never match the sheer absurdity of Final Deletion, can they?

Still was a great dumb segment.

Bray better retain.

It's always baffling to me when "insiders" don't understand these simple storylines.

Yeah... especially when you know the match is Wyatt vs Orton... That's kinda why I like knowing what's coming. It makes all the hints fun plus sometimes you get swerved and that's fun too.

And last week's "Orton has earned my trust so deeply I'm going to give him the keys to my kingdom" is a smack you in the face level hint at this week to anyone in the know and paying attention.

Is anyone going to watch the NJPW show tonight?

Yep :)

Took advantage of WWE shop T-shirt deal of buy one get one for 1$. Got both of Alexa's tv shirts, the Kevin Owens show shirt and the List of Jericho shirt.

Wanted to get a Wyatt shirt so I'd have shirts from my top 5 current roster folks but not a huge fan if the Bray shirts... they're cool but they are ironically too safe as they just look like metal band t-shirts

Top Bottom