• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Recall

If they do go with Shane VS AJ at WM, AJ needs to beat the hell out of him before the match or the week before. WM Bryan says AJ will have a new opponent that he will find out that night.

AJ in the ring waiting. Nakamura music hits.

And then 20 minutes of straight boos when it isn't Nakamura.

I'd be happy with adding Harper, and making it a 4 way elimination match...

Go on.

$40 for sf2 is a steal.

It's worth millions and millions of dollars

If they do go with Shane VS AJ at WM, AJ needs to beat the hell out of him before the match or the week before. WM Bryan says AJ will have a new opponent that he will find out that night.

Would be ideal but who knows

Also I find it hard to believe that they'd save the surprise for Mania. If it was Raw/any other PPV I could see it but if they want a "marquee match" they'll advertise it (plus you don't want a stadium chanting Nakamura, and then Kane comes out) ......well maybe

klonere

Banned
Oh I'm sure he has watched more than all of us but I like the idea of keeping a list of what I've seen. No idea why, just do. Guess it makes it easier to remember how much I actually watch within a year.

I'm the same in needing to keep a list - I very quickly forget matches that I might have greatly enjoyed after a few months. I started one last year but didn't keep it up. I may have to give it a go again this year.

klonere

Banned
Jesus apart from the Joshi, ATTACK and CMLL I've watched everything on that list plus AJPW, 90s AJPW and random J-indie sleaze.

Wait a second Boots, you aren't keeping up with AJPW? Shame! Shaaammmeee!

Recall

I wonder if Shane goes over AJ at mania just for the hell of it since he lost last year and probably wants a W.

I don't get the feeling Shane is all about the W.

It has the potential to be a great match just meaningless in the context of wrestling stories, but that isn't WWE's strong suit anyway, its about the moment not if it was well built or earned.

That's what I really wanted too, but I just don't know that they'd do a surprise opponent debuting at Wrestlemania. Has that ever happened?

Edit: Sadly, AJ vs. Shane is probably the only match where AJ would and should go over. He shouldn't beat Nak in his debut and he shouldn't beat Bray for the title. There's really no great scenario for him at all this Wrestlemania.

Kaladin

I wasn't posting here when it happened, but what did everyone think of Braun Strowman vs Big Show? It's the match of the year so far for me in WWE. It was a clash of big men the likes of which we don't see very often these days.

Heroman

Banned

This is how people work themselves into a shoot.

I was always kind of hoping Daffney would turn out to be "Sister Abigail" even though she retired from in ring work by the time Bray debuted, it could've worked. Always liked Daffney and IMO she deserved more than what she got in the business post-WCW especially after TNA fucked her over.

Oh, it's March now? I'm free of the Z-Man!

Shane is going to find another angle of the Battle Royal finish that shows AJ hit the ground first, meaning Luke Harper is actually the #1 contender.
Yeah, the one they showed last week when it happened.

Sometimes you have to just take a step back and realize that wrestling journalists don't always seem to pay attention to these shows

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ades-reaction-and-highlights-from-february-28

Literally this has been spelled out (especially since Elimination Chamber). Orton had been gaining more and more favour with Wyatt, more and more trust, taking the spear at Survivor Series, always being in Wyatt's corner and this culminated two weeks ago with the ultimate display of "loyalty": "sacrificing" his WrestleMania title shot . This act made Wyatt believe he had found a true brother and thus as he literally said last week able to entrust him with the keys to his kingdom or whatever. Hence he showed him where the compound is, where Sister Abigail is, and trusted him to be there alone....Kayfabe wise the story was always Orton waiting to get to Sister Abigail's corpse,so it's not quickly like at all it is the culmination of all these months.

Now you can argue they should have held off Orton getting to the compound... but you can't argue kayfabe and story wise that it was too soon because this shit has been spelled out over the past few weeks. It's actually one of the rare moments of perfect foreshadowing that I've seen in a long time by WWE.

It is also too early to complain about heel or face because there's a damn good chance Bray is turning face and Orton is going heel in this (especially after Bryan says he'd never have done that to Bray), bitch about that in retrospect later if Orton stays face and Bray heel.
Right? This has obviously been where the story was heading since it started months ago, I mean maybe it should've happened a couple weeks later seeing as there's four more Smackdowns before WrestleMania after this one but it's not exactly out of no where or anything.
Jade's left TNA as well.
Good for her, at the very least she'll have a spot in WWE's women's tournament for sure. Hope she gets a WWE deal and a chance to make a lot of money.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The fact they're pretending AJ is getting a main event slot at WM to set up a fucking Shane McMahon match is really fucking stupid. They should pull out the Zayn treatment and just say "you're fighting Nakamura" so people will at least be happy with what they're given.

Pikma

Banned
NJPW bills by calendar month. So regardless if you sign up on the 1st of February or the 28th, the month is over and you need to pay for March on the 1st.
Oh my god what the fuck is this shit

I'm definitely not suscribing again until they get rid of this bullshit

Fuck NJPWWorld

shanafan

I'll lmao if the AJ and Shane match never happens because ya'll believe the Meltz too much

The match will probably happen

Top Bottom