• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

Zach

54x2HiE.png

Caderfix

I don't understand how you could be a wrestling fan if you started watching after the Monday Night Wars. WWE 2001-now is like the final seasons of Dexter and Walking Dead where it used to be good and now we're just stuck out of habit.

I think that if I started watching after 2001 I'd become a fan anyways. The mix between stupidity and cool stuff, as unbalanced as it is, is still something that would catch my attention for sure.

Back then I watched it because it was "awesome", if I started now I'd watch because "it's so bad it's good", you know?

Zach

I don't understand how you could be a wrestling fan if you started watching after the Monday Night Wars. WWE 2001-now is like the final seasons of Dexter and Walking Dead where it used to be good and now we're just stuck out of habit.

This is why cool guys like me and my best friend Data West and my on-again, off-again friend RBH won the war. We have closure!

Amazing!

New Day, Sasha, Bayley and Titus look like people that'd be fun to hang out with...

Amazing to think that in the locker room even as little as 10-15 years ago, the pepper spot instead of it just being a funny wager among supportive friends would have been a punishment for not shaking someone's hand or some shit and it would have been followed up with being kicked out of the locker room for 6 months....

SFPWXP for the SNES is still the best Fire Pro game

Smackdown 6 was an amazing time, Lesnar, Guerrero, Angle Benoit, etc... was also a great time...

Even when wrasslin was at its worst in the mid/late 2000s there was still little bits of good that would make it worthwhile. Edge's Rated R Superstar run was good for a while. Wrestling Machine mouth guard Angle was the shit. Kendrick/London were fun to watch. RVD, he was there!

I got into it late in 2005 (had the benefit of being in 5th grade) and was into it for the entertaining wrestlers. Just like the current product. Caught up on older shit (mostly ECW) through DVD releases which colored my preferences. Shit like TNA and Wrestling Society X would also get me into the dumb Indy shit

Kaladin

The format of this Southpaw Regional Wrestling thing reminds me of the Ring of Honor Newswires they used to do between events before they had a TV show.

Caderfix

Now I'm getting curious about the Southpaw stuff. I guess I'll watch it when I get back home.

The teaser video was weird in a good way.

Top Bottom