• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

I can't justify 350 bucks for grand theft zelda. Hardly have any time for games as it is.
Almost thought about a used WiiU but nah. Hardly a discount.

Same, not buying a half baked console for the sake of one game. Will wait until Mario Odyssey comes out.

Luschient

Finally listened to KO on Austin's podcast. The kayfabe stuff around Jericho was kind of eh but otherwise was a good interview.

It cracks me up sometimes when Austin gets worked up and slips into character a bit.

"You're cocky, walkin' down to the ring draggin' that little belt with ya..."

norespecd3sz3.gif

#NeverForget

I didn't really get it until I saw Bayley pulling out her phone.

Bad timing. Did she get chewed out by 3H after the fact?

I am so excited for Zelda. You guys not buying a Switch are going to regret it when Fire Pro Switch gets announced in a few hours.
And then people would buy one when it came out? Not like it's coming tonight

Plus, based on Bomberman, a classic franchise coming back in itself isn't something to be excited for

Zach

I am so excited for Zelda. You guys not buying a Switch are going to regret it when Fire Pro Switch gets announced in a few hours.

If that happens, and if it releases, and if it is awesome, I'll probably buy a Switch.

Lots of ifs there, El Pescado.

cordy

Banned
How about fan fiction?

Young: You know what I saw the other day—it must've been on my Instagram or on Twitter or something, but somebody tagged me in it—it was a shirt that was a picture, obviously a fan-drawn cartoon thing of just you and Roman [Reigns, a fellow WWE Superstar] in ... a deep embrace. I wanted to buy it. [Laughs] It was a thing on Etsy, a real thing that I could've bought. It was hysterical.

Ambrose: There are psychotic fans.

Young: Insane.

Ambrose: Especially, like, I think I draw a certain ... I think a lot of my particular ...

Young: Fan base?

Ambrose: I have a particular demographic. I think I appeal to a lot of people who might have problems of their own [and] they relate to me. It's cool when you can help and inspire people and stuff, but sometimes people just attach to you for strange reasons, [and] their behavior is not the best.

Like what?

Ambrose: I've been stalked, I've been—

Young: I get many a death threat.
Death threats?

Young: Well, I mean, there's a lot of anti–Renee Young pages out there.

Ambrose: It's actually good to make this point. But without going into too much detail, I've been stalked on the phone and my home and hotels, to the point where it's a little Single White Female scary, though I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna get beaten up and kidnapped by a 15-year-old girl.

Young: I don't know ... there are a lot of steroids in foods now.

Ambrose: I've been stalked fairly regularly for the last two years. I have to go to great lengths to keep that shit at bay.
lmao

cordy

Banned
Top five current worst wrestling gears.

5. Dolph Ziggler with tights.
4. Enzo Amore.
3. Dean Ambrose.

2. Nia Jax.
1. Kevin Owens.

Funny enough, Ambrose addressed that in this interview
Why do you wear a shirt when you wrestle?

Ambrose: I said, “What I’m going to do is dress as plain as humanly possible.” I’m not going to wear anything fancy, I’m not going to have fancy music, I’m not going to have fancy pyro—I’m literally just going to be a dude walking into the ring. I’m going to look like I just got off work from a construction site and I am now punching you in the face. That was my goal­—be as simple as humanly possible. I pretty much stick to Hanes or Fruit of the Loom. You can wear large, you know, but you like to make it a little snug sometimes, shape the contours. It’s best to leave a little bit to the imagination, then at a certain point in the evening, in the match when the intensity is high, you get to rip off the shirt.

Young: He is a secret stripper.

Ambrose: You get a big pop for that. And then you can throw the shirt to somebody. It gives you another prop to work with. You can get your shirt ripped off or halfway ripped off, and then you look like you’ve been beaten up a lot more than you really have.

Young: You’re just a piece of meat.

cordy

Banned
As for Zelda...I can't get a Switch yet. My brother can but I can't...

So I'm just gonna do this Target b2g1f deal next week and get Horizon, Yakuza and Nioh until I can get Zelda.

Syder

I am so happy to not to have to see the Z-Man's face every time I scroll through this thread.

My knockout was a bit late, you pinned me while I was under the ropes. The ref's fucked up tonight.

How about a rematch Syder? No rope breaks, no count outs, no disqualification. I WANT ANOTHER CHANCE
You think I'm going to give you a chance to no-sell my suplexes and F5s again?

Yes, I am!

Speak to Commissioner SepHHH about setting up Kornflayx v Syder II and we can settle this once and for all.

Syder

I really hope someone sees sense and they keep the belt on KO but if Goldberg takes it that will ultimately mean Lesnar is eventually Champ again and I'm okay with that.

You should definitely have a shot at two belts, in my opinion.
Syd of Beef is ready for a Two-Man Power Trip

somedevil

Remember Ambrose Red Wagon. Guess who came up with the idea:

What about when you have to do something you don’t necessarily believe in?

Ambrose: I’ve gotten asked to do things that, sometimes, I think, “That’s stupid.” If you do anything a hundred percent, if you commit to it, even if sucks, it’ll at least suck a hundred percent. One my favorites was when Vince [McMahon, the driving force behind WWE] wanted me to carry this little red wagon full of weapons around the ring in Brooklyn, the hardest audience that we have. And I’m getting ready for a fight with Brock Lesnar. So I’m like, “I’m about to go into a match that will be a fight to the death with the beast incarnate, who’s going to probably kill me—this is not a time for laughs. If I come out there with a little red wagon, they’re gonna laugh at me.” But he’s like, “No, you’re not even gonna look at Brock. You’re just gonna pull that wagon, put your weapons in it, walk around, go to the back.” Ambrose: I’ve gotten asked to do things that, sometimes, I think, “That’s stupid.” If you do anything a hundred percent, if you commit to it, even if sucks, it’ll at least suck a hundred percent. One my favorites was when Vince [McMahon, the driving force behind WWE] wanted me to carry this little red wagon full of weapons around the ring in Brooklyn, the hardest audience that we have. And I’m getting ready for a fight with Brock Lesnar. So I’m like, “I’m about to go into a match that will be a fight to the death with the beast incarnate, who’s going to probably kill me—this is not a time for laughs. If I come out there with a little red wagon, they’re gonna laugh at me.” But he’s like, “No, you’re not even gonna look at Brock. You’re just gonna pull that wagon, put your weapons in it, walk around, go to the back.”

cordy

Banned
Remember Ambrose Red Wagon. Guess who came up with the idea:

Yep. Vinny Mac.

Vince was also the one who came up with the idea of Ambrose and the mannequin apparently. Hell, I'm sure he was also the one to come up with Ambrose and the hotdog cart.

Top Bottom