• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The March to Wrestlemania XXXIII!

DMczaf

Dave Meltzer did his entire podcast with a loud beeping in the background that he couldn't fix because it would cause him to lose power to his entire house if he unplugged it.

UAJJU4D.jpg

He has a system

Fox318

D0yxyyn.png

Reigns had a way better year than Ambrose.

I'm no fan of his booking nor am I a fan of his presentation but come on.

orioto

Good Art™
So what are the odds that KO vs Goldberg goes more than 10 minutes?

I still can't see that squash happening. I'd be so mad. But.. i still think that's not what they're building. Then they would have keep Owens goofy and cocky in a way you can feel he opens his mouth for nothing like he did many times already on RAW.

But they really pushed him on a solid, serious and ambitious type of character since 2 weeks ago.

Of course maybe it's for the effect, like Lesnar.. But that would be redundant.

At least what i'm certain of is that Owens push has been real and something long term. He's been champ for the biggest part of 2016, and till Mania or almost at least. He's been repushed more seriously 2 month before Mania. They're not building him to give him shit at mania, i'm pretty sure of it.

Did we see often a guy being champ 8 month till mania then having a match for the us belt ? Really did it happen ?

Of course there is Jericho but what if he comes back only after mania ?
That would be crazy if actually they think "Lesnar/Goldberg will never be good, so why not actually using the big star match to elevate our working guy. What if we make a triple threat ? I know it's crazy but... think about it..

To put some weight on my crazy though, i've noticed since last week they are kinda putting the owens/goldberg promos in perspective with lesnar almost like if they wanted some dynamic here.

Adree

D0yxyyn.png

I don't think most of those names were even rated highly last year?

This year Braun is going to be most underrated.

Fox318

One thing I will say at least say about HHH is that all of the guys at least jab something about them.

They are horribly trained compared to any other wrestling school or dojo in the world but at least there is always something that they can point to and build off of it.

Braun, Corbin, and Roman for example probably shouldn't be as high in the card as they should but at least they aren't fucking wastes of roster spots like a Bad Luck Fake or None Soldier.

Tall4Life

I don't think most of those names were even rated highly last year?

This year Braun is going to be most underrated.

Nah, Braun is used quite well by WWE. Underrated/overrated in this context does not mean like, this video game is overrated, it means that they are underused or overused respectively by bookings.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I still can't see that squash happening. I'd be so mad. But.. i still think that's not what they're building. Then they would have keep Owens goofy and cocky in a way you can feel he opens his mouth for nothing like he did many times already on RAW.

But they really pushed him on a solid, serious and ambitious type of character since 2 weeks ago.

Of course maybe it's for the effect, like Lesnar.. But that would be redundant.

At least what i'm certain of is that Owens push has been real and something long term. He's been champ for the biggest part of 2016, and till Mania or almost at least. He's been repushed more seriously 2 month before Mania. They're not building him to give him shit at mania, i'm pretty sure of it.

Did we see often a guy being champ 8 month till mania then having a match for the us belt ? Really did it happen ?

Of course there is Jericho but what if he comes back only after mania ?
That would be crazy if actually they think "Lesnar/Goldberg will never be good, so why not actually using the big star match to elevate our working guy. What if we make a triple threat ? I know it's crazy but... think about it..

To put some weight on my crazy though, i've noticed since last week they are kinda putting the owens/goldberg promos in perspective with lesnar almost like if they wanted some dynamic here.

If the HHH heel stable rumors are true, and Owens is in it, it will be stillborn if Owens gets squashed by Goldberg. I like to shit on WWE booking, but they're good more often than not with Owens, even if his title run has been kinda shit.

Ithil

D0yxyyn.png

Reigns was also obnoxiously shoved down everyone's throat every week for the entire year, while Ambrose was mostly midcard apart from a short run with the WWE title on the secondary brand.

Adree

Nah, Braun is used quite well by WWE. Underrated/overrated in this context does not mean like, this video game is overrated, it means that they are underused or overused respectively by bookings.

Dana needs to be off that list then because they pretty much cut her legs off immediately once she sucked. She's still around but does nothing of note.

I don't see how Roman is overrated. Everyone knows exactly who he is and what he is capable of.

Cody should be #1 on the list. Solid wrestler but not at the level everyone is putting him at.

D0yxyyn.png

Lol at Kane still making honourable mention in a year where he did nothing of note.

Their hate boner is nothing if not consistent, Mama Mia!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
you'd think an award voted on by nerds that follow wrestling that closely that wouldn't be read by jimmies would actually know to vote on 'internet favorites' for most overrated rather than wrestlers that non iwc people like.

because otherwise its just patting yourself on the back.

Beefy

Must one lose to be crowned Jobber Champion? And then unsuccessfully defend the title to stay champ?

Way I worked it out is there are 30+ caws right? So with 3 belts you have just over 1-10 chance of having a title. Makes it easier for everyone to get a chance to win something. Then have the tag team titles as just a once a month etc thing.

Top Bottom