• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Maybe Ponk will show up THIS THURSDAY NIGHT AT THE Strong Style 42nd Anniversary Show!

tumblr_mzwz9a314k1rkxaj4o1_500.jpg

01. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Taichi)

02. KUSHIDA & Manabu Nakanishi vs CHAOS (Jado & Gedo)

03. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Super Strong Machine vs El Desperado,
BUSHI & Captain New Japan

04. G.B.H. (Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma) & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Bullet Club (Prince Devitt, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga)

05. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima), Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba vs CHAOS (Toru Yano, Yujiro Takahashi, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI)

06. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows)

07. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito vs CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro
Ishii)

08. Special Singles Match: Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi

lol at Naito still holding to that Never belt. Looks fun.

PInk Tape

Banned
I'm past the point of feeling bad anymore.

Batista's winning the belt at Mania. We've known this for months now. We all deserve it. The crowds deserve it at this point. And I'm sad that I was ever against it happening in the first place. This is the best thing.

It's best for business.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I'm past the point of feeling bad anymore.

Batista's winning the belt at Mania. We've known this for months now. We all deserve it. The crowds deserve it at this point. And I'm sad that I was ever against it happening in the first place. This is the best thing.

So you've finally figured it out?

WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH EURASIA.

Seth Rollins coking out was awesome .

Cesaro is awesome

Hell yes to both!

I love it. Rollins getting fed up mid-match and telling Ambrose/Reins to get their shit together and they sort of almost do in an awesome ending sequence is one of the best ideas anyone in creative's had for a long time.

It's so good. Especially since you're starting to see the camaraderie a bit more in the Shield in their promos, and especially since Rollins went fucking CRAZY in that opening flurry. Holy shit that was some Bryan level house of fire stuff.

I have a strong feeling Shield aren't busting up quite yet, just turning face. At the very least Rollins and Reigns are going to still tag.

Could you imagine JR on commentary during Shield/Wyatts?

'BY GAWD THERES BODIES EVERYWHERE LOOK AT THIS CARNAGE'
and we'd even get a sitdown interview with Seth Rollins. 'Why'dya do it Seth?' and then Seth would light him on fire

"Here's Luke Harper now, nose guard out of Louisiana Tech..."

Oof, they're doing Emma all wrong. She should be out there having legit matches and getting the crowd behind her that way, not having the gimmick first forced on everyone so they can manipulate laughs out of us or something. She was endearing and got over in NXT because the dance and bubbles and kip up were in addition to what she offered in the ring.

A loaf of bread could get over in NXT.

I don't see what the problem was tonight. HHH vs Bryan is progressing nicely, the Shield story is interesting, Cesaro-Swagger imminent feud is interesting, Cena-Wyatt is interesting, Usos are beginning to get over and Taker vs Brock will be fun as well.

There are decent to good angles up and down the card, some very good potential matches and booking that may not be superb but is far from awful.

"New" talent is shining through very well:

Daniel Bryan is over
Bray Wyatt is over
The Usos are over
The Shield is over
AJ Lee is over
Cesaro is over
Ziggler is over

The major problem is the main event could possibly be the worst main event in WM history. Batista flat out cannot wrestle anymore, he looks awful out there. Throw in the fact that Randy Orton is a complete afterthought and you have a potential disaster.

That being said things are on the uptick and a lot of new talent is being pushed and pushed well.

Oh yeah, Christian sucks. His work is boring, his promos stale and he has the same charisma level as Dean Malenko.

I don't see what the problem was tonight. HHH vs Bryan is progressing nicely, the Shield story is interesting, Cesaro-Swagger imminent feud is interesting, Cena-Wyatt is interesting, Usos are beginning to get over and Taker vs Brock will be fun as well.

Bryan is interesting. Cesaro's interesting. Wyatt is interesting. Brock is interesting. See what I'm getting at here?

I don't care about the other half of every one of those match ups aside from The Shield's possible triple threat match. Really nothing the WWE can do short of blowing up every match and restructuring the show that'll get me truly excited. HHH has been a bum for years, Swagger is just getting coattail hype, Cena is Cena, the Usos are okay, and if Taker can't bump, that's just gonna be an MMA dryhump snoozefest with Brock doing his best Dolph Ziggler impression every 5 minutes.

Save_Us_Aaron Paul

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
They need to stop having Dean just jump at everyone as his thing. It's basically your average diva's moveset.

They need to stop having Dean just jump at everyone as his thing. It's basically your average diva's moveset.

It's amazing. He needs to start every match just jumping at people. He's like a real life version of a grapple character in a fighting game but the person controlling is just mashing buttons.

Or he was misquoted. What's the original quote on all of this anyway?

Listened to it again. Meltzer said that he didn't think Punk would be back after he was pulled from the Wizard World appearance, but he was told by someone ("one of the biggest names in the business") that Punk was back.

Fuck AJ.

Bryan is interesting. Cesaro's interesting. Wyatt is interesting. Brock is interesting. See what I'm getting at here?

I don't care about the other half of every one of those match ups aside from The Shield's possible triple threat match. Really nothing the WWE can do short of blowing up every match and restructuring the show that'll get me truly excited. HHH has been a bum for years, Swagger is just getting coattail hype, Cena is Cena, the Usos are okay, and if Taker can't bump, that's just gonna be an MMA dryhump snoozefest with Brock doing his best Dolph Ziggler impression every 5 minutes.

Save_Us_Aaron Paul

You're talking about the Best Pure Striker™ in the WWE, boy. You better show some goddman respect.
iWGgAnXQlFbcp.gif

This is HIS yard!

Slizeezyc

The entire Shield/Wyatt thing took over the Punkverse and it's really weird how good it's booked. The Punkverse got incursioned

I loved the way they had Rollins play his role there as well. He had sort of been the odd-man out during the whole thing, and now he firmly planted himself in the middle of it all and now we can go a ton of different ways with the fallout.

Also, fascinating that WWE would sign another "deathmatch" guy like Drake Younger. (Also pretty sure Drake's Landing won't be a thing in NXT).

I know the Shield are cool and all, but you gotta admit, that Emma and Santino angle is pretty well-booked so far. Hopefully it culminates in a kiss at Mania.

You're talking about the Best Pure Striker™ in the WWE, boy. You better show some goddman respect.
http://i.minus.com/iWGgAnXQlFbcp.gif

This is HIS yard!

I'd love for this to mean anything, and for Brock + Taker to go in there and have a crazy big man match and throw haymakers. But this is real life, and Wrestlemania ain't in Japan. Taker's just gonna fulfill his MMA dreams by making Barack Lesnar tap to the gogoplata Hell's Gate, and everyone will sigh as Barack is wasted on yet another pointless feud.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
At this rate Stro will catch me by Wednesday at the latest. I'm watching about one and a half a day going backwards from 2001.

I'd love for this to mean anything, and for Brock + Taker to go in there and have a crazy big man match and throw haymakers. But this is real life, and Wrestlemania ain't in Japan. Taker's just gonna fulfill his MMA dreams by making Barack Lesnar tap to the gogoplata Hell's Gate, and everyone will sigh as Barack is wasted on yet another pointless feud.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Barack fighting an MMA zombie is pretty dope though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom