• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not utilizing Bad News Barret properly.

Alright what comes first: The Renee Young Diva Day Off Shoot or a Wade Barret Match?

DDP-2.jpg

New Page

gurudyne

Alas, no Punk and no BNB either. Such a waste.

Duncan brother I love having you here. Don't let cynicism ruin you. We're all on a ride, we're all playing characters, and the world's a stage, brother.

Vince, showing an existentialist soft side in Wrasslegaf. It's been a weird Monday.

You know what this means...

Heavy got worked.

Man, poor Heavy. He suffered the most of all of us.

strobogo

Banned
The fact that the logical ending to the story and match is Bryan beating HHH, but that people still think of shovelman HHH and think it's likely HHH will win anyway, that makes the match a good one.
People don't actually know who will win, which will make it an exciting match.

After WM19, there is always a chance of the wrong choice being made.

gaf doesn't know how to do that
especially community gaf

The inclusive attitude of Community GAF is ruining This Business Forum.

I say we draft up a #HijackGAF revolt manifesto, and show these marks how to do things. WHO'S WITH ME?

I'm more surprised that a beanie is considered hipster

Have you seen him? The beanie certainly isn't making the case for any other kind of image. It's a grunge/hipster/new generation "too cool for school" hybrid. I don't have an issue with it, or at least I don't anymore.

UberTag

The Night Chicago Died - WrestleZone Editorial from @MarkMaddenX

WWE did what it had to do at Chicago: It owned C.M. Punk’s absence.

Paul Heyman came out and took the blame by placing blame. His promo was brilliant. Heyman was the only guy that could pull it off.

Heyman’s “pipe bomb” segued into a wrestling promo, which segued into a wrestling angle. Before you knew it, a wrestling crowd showed up. They exercised their self-perceived cool quotient by continuing to chant Punk’s name. But they chanted for the Usos. They popped for a tag-team title change. The fans are marks for Cesaro. They popped for him. They popped for Shield-Wyatts.

And life goes on.

WWE owns you. There just aren’t as many of you as there used to be.

But it doesn’t matter. Even though every barometer possible shows that interest in WWE is down, WWE has leveraged business to the point where it doesn’t matter. The WWE Network sucks out every last dollar from the true believers. The new television deal is going to put TV revenue through the roof.

Everybody in Chicago paid for their ticket. WWE 1, marks 0. The only things that got hijacked were your wallets and credit cards. Chanting “C.M. Punk” during slow points does not constitute “taking over.”

I respect Punk for taking a stand, and I’m not even sure what he took a stand for.

I do know that Vince McMahon has not yet addressed the subject of adjusting performer compensation now that PPV bonuses have been minimized by the WWE Network. Here’s an educated guess: The John Cenas and Randy Ortons – the very top guys – get their downside guarantees increased. Everyone else can go screw. You’re on TV. You’re living the dream. Just take what we give you and be happy.

McMahon’s failure to address this should be a big story. The lack of concern shown by WWE’s performers and by wrestling “journalists” is astounding.

I love the Wyatts. I’m not sure what to think about The Shield’s breakup. It’s being done in the most clichéd, formulaic way possible. But it’s also tried and true.

I love the interplay between HHH/Steph and Daniel Bryan. When Steph says, “We don’t listen to these people,” she’s not lying. The truth slips out. Excellent calculation by the McMahons: The fans can’t chant “C.M. Punk” and “Yes!” at the same time. If they hijack Raw on Bryan’s behalf, they can’t do it for Punk.

It’s good to see Paul Bearer go into the WWE Hall of Fame. It would have been better had it happened when he was alive. Inducting Bill Moody now is like Bill Murray eulogizing Harold Ramis at the Oscars after not talking to him for 20 years. Is Moody’s memory being honored, or merely patronized?

Cena has marbles. He shut up before cutting his promo, clearing room for the “C.M. Punk” chant. He talked…then cleared room again. Then he put Chicago over for its energy and passion. It wasn’t long before Allstate Arena was cheering him, however halfhearted. Cena plays the game better than anyone.

I’m surprised they didn’t play “Cult of Personality” and trot out Gillberg.

Daniel Bryan getting beat down after every match he wins/the end of every show doesn't make a good story. His first time hitting HHH shouldn't have been when he was laying on his back either.

Ithil

After WM19, there is always a chance of the wrong choice being made.

That's what I mean. HHH's WM record is 8-9. So that match will be anything but predictable.
On paper, it would be, but factor who HHH is into it and suddenly it's uncertain.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Maybe Ponk will show up THIS THURSDAY NIGHT AT THE Strong Style 42nd Anniversary Show!

tumblr_mzwz9a314k1rkxaj4o1_500.jpg

01. Sho Tanaka & Yohei Komatsu vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Taichi)

02. KUSHIDA & Manabu Nakanishi vs CHAOS (Jado & Gedo)

03. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Super Strong Machine vs El Desperado,
BUSHI & Captain New Japan

04. G.B.H. (Togi Makabe, Tomoaki Honma) & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Bullet Club (Prince Devitt, Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga)

05. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima), Yuji Nagata & Kazushi Sakuraba vs CHAOS (Toru Yano, Yujiro Takahashi, Takashi Iizuka & YOSHI-HASHI)

06. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows)

07. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito vs CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro
Ishii)

08. Special Singles Match: Kazuchika Okada vs Kota Ibushi

Have you seen him? The beanie certainly isn't making the case for any other kind of image. It's a grunge/hipster/new generation "too cool for school" look. I don't have an issue with it, or at least I don't anymore.

You're a damned disgrace to your Clint Eastwood avatar. Change it immediately.

You're a damned disgrace to your Clint Eastwood avatar. Change it immediately.

Whoa. WHOA. Let's not say something we're gonna regret, okay. I never claimed to like the look, but clearly Sucker Punch isn't the best at character design, so I just have to accept it. No point in still getting annoyed when it's clear they aren't gonna change it.

And even if I don't agree with it, I HEAR them. I HEAR them every game, and I respect them for being honest about their designs. Respect, son. Learn it.

Daniel Bryan getting beat down after every match he wins/the end of every show doesn't make a good story. His first time hitting HHH shouldn't have been when he was laying on his back either.

He already hit him with The Move That Beat John Cena back in HiaC. Then HBK gave him the SCM and cost him the match as the special referee :lol

Whoa. WHOA. Let's not say something we're gonna regret, okay. I never claimed to like the look, but clearly Sucker Punch isn't the best at character design, so I just have to accept it. No point in still getting annoyed when it's clear they aren't gonna change it.

And even if I don't agree with it, I HEAR them. I HEAR them every game, and I respect them for being honest about their designs. Respect, son. Learn it.

WFw29QY.gif

Batista was still bitch made tho. How some people here still defend that main event is beyond me. Do you want a wrestling match or a social experiment?

Orton came off as such an afterthought as well, If Bryan isn't in the title picture, that shit ain't going last.

Original Cole was inspired from Nate Fox's outward appearance while Nu Cole (pre-backlash redesign version) and Deslin designs came from Fox's fondness for the d-bag look.

gurudyne

Lets talk about the masterful way they are breaking the shield up.

I love it. Rollins getting fed up mid-match and telling Ambrose/Reins to get their shit together and they sort of almost do in an awesome ending sequence is one of the best ideas anyone in creative's had for a long time.

UberTag

Wasn't Mark Madden that moron who used to commentate late WCW?
Yep, the one in the same. Man, he was awful... but then it's not like late WCW provided him with a quality product to provide commentary for.

I love it. Rollins getting fed up mid-match and telling Ambrose/Reins to get their shit together and they sort of almost do in an awesome ending sequence is one of the best ideas anyone in creative's had for a long time.
This booking is the best thing I've heard that's come out of tonight's RAW. I will need to check this match out. Seems logical that they're building towards a triple threat match for the US title at WrestleMania right now. Can't see it going any other direction.

I'm going to guess that Melzter's excuse will be "Things changed."
Dave always has an excuse.
My counter is that he was "in" on this one - either consciously or unconsciously.
There was an active agenda to troll the fans tonight. Either Dave got duped or he was in on the shenanigans himself.
Which, frankly, jeopardizes F4W's credibility in my eyes.

tm24

The entire Shield/Wyatt thing took over the Punkverse and it's really weird how good it's booked. The Punkverse got incursioned

PInk Tape

Banned
Everybody in Chicago paid for their ticket. WWE 1, marks 0. The only things that got hijacked were your wallets and credit cards. Chanting “C.M. Punk” during slow points does not constitute “taking over.”

This whole hijack thing was an awful idea. If you really wanted to protest, then don't support them with your money. Don't buy tickets,
merch, or subscribe to the network. You're still giving them money for a product you don't even like; they won't listen or care until the
money stops coming in (and lets be honest it's not happening anytime soon).
I'm tired of beating this dead horse.

Agreed. Top notch in-ring storytelling and a great mess of a match. The Shield, just in general, and Bray Wyatt's promos are being delivered to the shows from some alternate universe like 5 minutes before they go on air. On a different level from the rest of the show, and untouched by Vince.

I'm past the point of feeling bad anymore.

Batista's winning the belt at Mania. We've known this for months now. We all deserve it. The crowds deserve it at this point. And I'm sad that I was ever against it happening in the first place. This is the best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom