• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottify

As I've been going through the old 80s PPVs it got me feeling all nostalgic.

It made me think back when I was younger watching these events and I had no idea about angles, pushes, backstage politics, or anything. Of course I knew that it was predetermined but I didn't know anything about why someone has the title.

Which leads me to ask, do you any of you wish it was still like that, that you didn't know as much as you do about the inner workings? You hate guys on TV because they're assholes and they lie and cheat like The Rougeaus or Money, Inc, not because they use political clout backstage or shit in people's bags. You like the guys that are good or make you laugh or pull of amazing moves like Bret Hart or Koko B. Ware not because they were independent stars and are being underused or what have you.

Sometimes I wish it was like that for me, that I could just enjoy the show at face value. Ah, memories.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It made me think back when I was younger watching these events and I had no idea about angles, pushes, backstage politics, or anything. Of course I knew that it was predetermined but I didn't know anything about why someone has the title.

Which leads me to ask, do you any of you wish it was still like that, that you didn't know as much as you do about the inner workings? You hate guys on TV because they're assholes and they lie and cheat like The Rougeaus or Money, Inc, not because they use political clout backstage or shit in people's bags. You like the guys that are good or make you laugh or pull of amazing moves like Bret Hart or Koko B. Ware not because they were independent stars and are being underused or what have you.

Sometimes I wish it was like that for me, that I could just enjoy the show at face value. Ah, memories.

Sometimes. I remember how fun music was before I learned how to write and create music - but honestly, that just added another layer of depth and enjoyment to music. It's the same with wrestling. It still CAN be enjoyed if you don't think about it, but it's almost more fun to know what was going on behind the scenes. I'm ok with this tradeoff.

That's a legitimately good idea. And if it's not the internet championship, they could bring back the Hardcore Title for the same purpose.

This very idea came up on the recent and much derided episode of the Powerbombcast. Just cut into the WWE Network's live feed at random intervals for Hardcore championship defenses.

This very idea came up on the recent and much derided episode of the Powerbombcast. Just cut into the WWE Network's live feed at random intervals for Hardcore championship defenses.

Jeff Gerstmann stole something else from me?!
How dare he!

... I got the idea from them, now that I think about it :p
It's actually a pretty obvious thing to do. So WWE won't do it!

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

It's still that way for me mostly. Sure, the backstage politics will bend my view on some talents, but I only like guys that entertain me, be it in the ring or with a an awesome segment.

That being said, I find that some stuff I think is entertaining, others don't, and vice versa.

Take for example Roman Reigns: I don't really care for him, with the exception of his spear.(No one can hate that spear.) Many others think he's the breakout star of the shield.

Then again, I liked Cesaro's US title run, especially the promo where he went to a concession stand and berated us fat Americans for eating Hot dogs and Chili cheese fries. Most people found that run boring and uneventful.

Good lord at that Renee photoshoot.

uOObNWE.gif

Rapstah

The recap music for the whole Outsiders angle at Bash at the Beach '96 is awesome. It's also the Outsiders' entrance music and it doesn't work at all as entrance music, but it's great background music.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not Vince McMahon, I don't use "amount of muscle" as my measure of attractiveness.

QDF7nww.jpg

Oh man

The recap music for the whole Outsiders angle at Bash at the Beach '96 is awesome. It's also the Outsiders' entrance music and it doesn't work at all as entrance music, but it's great background music.

Yeah, it's a fantastic theme. Loved it back in the day. Great sound for it on those intro promos too.

Cagey

Banned
What if I don't care for muscle? Also, prettier face.

I'm not Vince McMahon, I don't use "amount of muscle" as my measure of attractiveness.

What? That wasn't the point. Natalya's nothing special, Renee isn't either. They look very similar, one just lifts a lot more than the other.

The hell is the Renee appeal compared to, I don't know, everyone else on the roster. Even AJ.

Lots of muscle growth
Mood swings

Same stuff as brahs

I see.

Hey do these super buff fitness ladies ever date average dudes? Would that look weird? Like... if I saw a super jacked guy and he was with a girl who was just sort of average fit I wouldn't look twice but I can't picture the opposite like at all. What do you think?

Nanta ingongyama bagtihi Baba
Siti ingonyama baba
Siti ingonyam aaahhhh
Ingonyama

Siyo Noba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw enambla

From the day we arrive on this planet
And blinking, steps into the sun
There's more to see than can ever be seen
More to be done than can ever be done
There's far too much to take in here
More to find than can ever be found
But the sun rolling high
Through the sapphire sky
Keeps great and small on the endless round

It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find ourplace
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life

It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find ourplace
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life

Sokantish

I see.

Hey do these super buff fitness ladies ever date average dudes? Would that look weird? Like... if I saw a super jacked guy and he was with a girl who was just sort of average fit I wouldn't look twice but I can't picture the opposite like at all. What do you think?

that's because you're racist

Cagey

Banned
I see.

I see that sometimes at the gym, and it does seem weird. I can't adequately explain why.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I see.

Double standard

I love that gif so much.

Zandig, like a goddamn Godzilla, standing on top a truck with chair in hand, screaming "C-Z-FUCKIN'-W!!!" while Honma's all like "well, this is going to suck", having visions of his own near-demise as, about ten minutes later, Zandig slams him through a pyramid of burning tables.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think it be nicer to have the Monday Nitros more than the PPV's circa 1997-2000.

I forgot how bad most of the PPV's were.

I'm having a hard time even thinking of WCW PPV's worth watching from that period. Seems like most of the matches I remember happened on Nitro. I'm open to suggestions though, friends.

WWE stock is so hot right now. I lost about $500 by getting cold feet the other day and selling half of my holdings. That being said ok still up about $260 today.

I love that gif so much.

Zandig, like a goddamn Godzilla, standing on top a truck with chair in hand, screaming "C-Z-FUCKIN'-W!!!" while Honma's all like "well, this is going to suck", having visions of his own near-demise as, about ten minutes later, Zandig slams him through a pyramid of burning tables.
This is the most American post Bootaaay has ever made.

This is the most American post Bootaaay has ever made.

I've been infected by Americanism. Our people are buying your blue jeans and listening to your pop music...I worry the rest of the world will fall under the influence of your culture.

Boots when I said about what pcw event to stream id actually put this near the top

http://vimeo.com/ondemand/madmanmansoncomedyset

It's a mad man Manson stand up comedy set, I haven't watched it back yet but I remember being funny on the night

Couple of quid? I'll give that a go, Manson's a right laugh - hoping he shows up at Progress at the end of the month, as Grado has an open challenge for someone to face him for his Bum Bag World Championship :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom