• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
Stro.

STOP WATCHING WCW

The WWE network is going to be the death of you.

I'm not really watching it. I'm just skipping to things I wanted to gif the first time around.

WCW Greed 2001

ez.gif

dives.gif

ssp.gif

elbow.gif

dusty.gif

And now I'm done!

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naieve
I'm just out to find
The better part of me

Im more than a bird
Im more than a plane
I'm more than some pretty face beside a train
It's not easy to be me

I wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie
'Bout a home I'll never see

It may sound absurd but don't be naieve
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed but won't you concede
Even Heroes have the right to dream
And it's not easy to be me

Up, up and away from me
Well, it's alright
We can all sleep sound tonight
I'm not crazy or anything

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naieve
Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man jn a funny red sheet
Looking for special things, inside of me
Inside of me

I'm only a man in a funny red sheet
I'm only a man looking for her dream
I'm only a man in a funny red sheet
It's not easy
It's not easy to be me

strobogo

Banned
Stro you did it!

I just wish I could figure out why each browser produces different gifs for me. Doing them in IE is very herky jerky, seemingly at random. Firefox is perfectly smooth, but sped up a bit. Chrome does something in between, but nothing shows up at the speed of the actual video.

Now I can get back to the Golden Era. I could listen to Vince hyping PPVs forever. And the old school PPV music is the best. I like the New Generation WM music, but it can't compare to the original PPV music that got used for everything.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Going to watch WCW Timeline 1993 with Vader today. Hopefully some great stories.

Not looking forward to hearing about Foley's ear

Someone on the Observer board got his hands on some ledgers from Sam Muchnick's St. Louis promotion and is posting a few excerpts - makes for some interesting reading, here's an example of the pay-offs guys were getting for big shows and how much the owners made per-quarter when business was hot;

June 12, 1981—Checkerdome (Att: 16,088 with a record gate)
(NWA WC)
-) Harley Race over Ted DiBiase 2/3 falls
-) 18 man Battle Royal won by Pat O’Connor over Flair (Pat had subbed for injured Steve Lawler)
-) Dick The Bruiser & Dusty Rhodes over Ric Flair & Ken Patera via DQ
-) Dick Murdoch drew Kerry Von Erich via DCOR
-) Rocky Johnson & Bob Brown over Buzz Tyler & J. J. Dillon
-) Jack Brisco over Bobby Heenan
-) Rufus Jones & Terry Gibbs over Gene Lewis & Bob Sweetan
-) Spike Huber over Steve Lawler

Harley Race =$5,390.24
Ted DiBiase =$5,390.24
Pat O’Connor =$896
Dick The Bruiser =$863
Dusty Rhodes =$851
Ric Flair =$933
Ken Patera =$889
Dick Murdoch =$1,039
Kerry Von Erich =$991
Rocky Johnson =$981
Bob Brown =$495
Buzz Tyler =$396
J. J. Dillon =$495
Jack Brisco =$1,001
Bobby Heenan =$741
Rufus Jones =$396
Terry Gibbs =$396
Gene Lewis =$396
Bob Sweetan =$396
Spike Huber =$396
Steve Lawler =$396
NWA Booking =$900

Chas venator =$300
Joe Tangaro =$200
Lee Warren =$200
Chuck Brown =$200

TV Money
Bob Brown =$185
City Tax =$818.93

1st Quarter cut to owners
Verne Gagne = $12,843.75
Bob Brown = $12,843.75
Harley Race = $12,843.75
Sam Muchnick = $23,625
Pat O’ Connor = $10,843.75

Man, Jason Jett (EZ Money from ECW) was an excellent case of wrong place, wrong time. He was getting super ass over in WCW 2001, then WCW got bought, WWF had no interest in him, and that was it for him.

strobogo

Banned
Going to watch WCW Timeline 1993 with Vader today. Hopefully some great stories.

Not looking forward to hearing about Foley's ear

I don't even remember the ear being brought up at all. It isn't that good because Vader is the most rambling mother fucker and rarely gets anywhere near to the point of whatever story he's trying to tell. Do a drinking game for it and take a shot anytime he talks about someone being a legit size or says "in other words". You'll be dead 25 minutes in.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Someone on the Observer board got his hands on some ledgers from Sam Muchnick's St. Louis promotion and is posting a few excerpts - makes for some interesting reading, here's an example of the pay-offs guys were getting for big shows and how much the owners made per-quarter when business was hot;

HOLY COW! LOOK AT THAT MASS!

jmdajr

Vince McMahon ✔ @VinceMcMahon

From the trailer park to the @Forbes list. You can do it too.

Come on guys! Let's do it!

Man, Jason Jett (EZ Money from ECW) was an excellent case of wrong place, wrong time. He was getting super ass over in WCW 2001, then WCW got bought, WWF had no interest in him, and that was it for him.

Yeah, he got pretty screwed over. At least Helms made a go of it, Money just makes gear (and apparently takes ages).

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, he got pretty screwed over. At least Helms made a go of it, Money just makes gear (and apparently takes ages).

He had a terrible look, no matter how many cool movez he could. The terrible tights, the worse hair, flabby look, cheesy mannerisms. I see why Vince had no interest. I believe he did go to HWA for a bit at least.

I find it so funny how the announcers always talked up Shannon Moore when it was clear Helms was the best guy of that group from the very start. Mark Madden trying to get HB2K over as a nick name for Shannon is some Matt Striker shit. It's a shame that whole group of NC guys are fuck ups.

Kaladin

For anyone that missed it, my Wrestlemania 6 review will likely be tomorrow. I was under the weather last night and could not do it, and I have plans tonight which will likely keep me from finishing it.....though I will have gifs, they might not be WWE HD gifs however. I can't get the Network to work right with gif cam and do smaller sized gifs.

Rapstah

The latest Gifcam has tools for resizing the gif. You right click any frame of the file in the frame viewing mode and select "resize", then drag the "100%" left in the window that appears until it's small enough and save the .gif with the window that appeared still open. It's a little weird but that way it seems to work.

strobogo

Banned
For anyone that missed it, my Wrestlemania 6 review will likely be tomorrow. I was under the weather last night and could not do it, and I have plans tonight which will likely keep me from finishing it.....though I will have gifs, they might not be WWE HD gifs however. I can't get the Network to work right with gif cam and do smaller sized gifs.

You make them the size of the player and shrink them later. It is the only way unless they eventually allow for the player size to be changed.

jmdajr

Got some some shirts. OMG 25%OFF! Macho Man shirt which will be acceptable to wear, pretty much forever.

Also got a YES shirt. Could be classic one day like Austin 3:16, or maybe not!

I'll be wearing my HHH shirt for Mania obviously.

strobogo

Banned
Got some some shirts. OMG 25%OFF! Macho Man shirt which will be acceptable to wear, pretty much forever.

Also got a YES shirt. Could be classic one day like Austin 3:16, or maybe not!

I'll be wearing my HHH shirt for Mania obviously.

Classic Macho Man shirt would be the only wrestling shirt I would have zero hesitation wearing out in public.

tm24

So going over the 42 anniversary show. One thing stood out. Desperado/Lyger mask match?!?!?!?!?!?

Yes please.

strobogo

Banned
What do you use to shrink them?

Gif noob here.

I've been opening the gifs in a browser, shrinking like you would any other web page, and then giffing the gif. You could use Gimp/Photoshop if you wanted, but that is the easiest way for me. As said above, Gifcam has a resize option built in, but I don't like it because it cuts parts of the image off.

Kaladin

I've been opening the gifs in a browser, shrinking like you would any other web page, and then giffing the gif. You could use Gimp/Photoshop if you wanted, but that is the easiest way for me. As said above, Gifcam has a resize option built in, but I don't like it because it cuts parts of the image off.

oooooh clever.

So going over the 42 anniversary show. One thing stood out. Desperado/Lyger mask match?!?!?!?!?!?

Yes please.

Surely there's zero chance of Liger losing, though? It would be huge, but i just can't see it happening and I don't want Deseprado to lose his gimmick so early :(

tm24

Surely there's zero chance of Liger losing, though? It would be huge, but i just can't see it happening and I don't want Deseprado to lose his gimmick so early :(

Well, a proper mask vs mask matchup has it building for a minimum 6 months, so it might happen to Liger if he plans on retiring. He has been going for 30/25 liger years and this might be a great way to put someone over on his way out. So WK9, one of the semimains will be this mask match. Calling it

strobogo

Banned
I'm glad there haven't been twerking references in a while. Hopefully that's all blown over until Miley Cyrus does something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom