• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

I love how the title match picture and Punk and Daniel Bryan's booking plans are completely fucked up all because Triple H needs an opponent for WM. It really does sum up Triple H's career.

It reminds me of WM2000...

Batigol

Banned
I love how the title match picture and Punk and Daniel Bryan's booking plans are completely fucked up all because Triple H needs an opponent for WM. It really does sum up Triple H's career.

It reminds me of WM2000...

Wish he'd just retire

Boo they blurred Kats tits AND the middle finger in some shows. Some crowd chants are muted but once night stand 2 is completely untouched. The inconsistency is so weird.

Kaladin

Good god;

sh18zRX.jpg

The crayon drawing really makes it. We're dealing with a real professional outfit here, people.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

I laugh whenever someone from north GA calls themselves deep south.

You don't know what deep south is son. Come down to my neck of the woods and you'll know the meaning of deep south.

So if Punk is indeed returning tomorrow do you think WWE should save it until the end of the show and let the crowd get rowdy or open with it?

Now that its out their the crowd will be kind of expecting it so its going to be interesting how they handle it

TL21xx

Banned
Stupid question, but how do you play a gif on gimp?

You don't, Gimp can't play gifs. For playing gifs, just use your web browser. It can edit them though! You edit a gif with each layer representing a frame. It works really well, but it will make the gif potentially larger than you might want it to be. Also, some gifs have transparancy factors to save space, as the file is essentially a flipbook.

I'm on mobile-GAF, so my explanation isn't exactly the best. If you'd like a proper tut, I could make one/find one later and PM it to you, complete w/ screencaps, but with one condition:

DO NOT ABUSE THIS POWER TO SLAP CERNY ON EVERYTHING.

Other than that, enjoy!

So if Punk is indeed returning tomorrow do you think WWE should save it until the end of the show and let the crowd get rowdy or open with it?

Now that its out their the crowd will be kind of expecting it so its going to be interesting how they handle it

11:05 *static noise* cult of personality plays

Cole: OH MY ! tune into the Raw post show to see what punk has to say .

Showaddy

Just let Brotista troll the fuck out of the crowd until they're at rioting point then...Cult of Personalty hits, Punk lays him out, everyone goes home happy. Nuclear Heat & Sub-Atomic Pop all in one segment.

Edit: That probably wont happen though. Or will it...?

TL21xx

Banned
On the topic of missing audio being annoying, what's the deal with the aftermath of Undertaker vs HHH in Wrestlemania X-Seven? I assume that's a music rights issue, right? Unfortunately it totally kills the momentum for me, would love to hear the real audio, especially from JR and Heyman. (consider that a sneak peak at my X7 review)

DMczaf

Miseria Cantare will hit at the end of the show. I will mark out, because I'm a total mark.

I wonder if Meltzer is just getting trolled. Even he is prone to it.

Also goddamnit Matt Striker just loves giving people goofy ass nicknames

THE NEON GENESIS/THE POISON FIST OF THE PACIFIC RIM Yoshi Tatsu
THE WINNIPEG JET Chris Jericho

Good god;

sh18zRX.jpg

The crayon drawing really makes it. We're dealing with a real professional outfit here, people.

I'm on their Facebook page and I'm not seeing this anywhere on it. I know the guy who runs this promotion and he's got a very good reputation in the state. This doesn't sound like anything he'd do. They just had A.J. Styles there last month.

For some reason, the Intercontinental Champ belt is blurred out around the waist of Benoit. Not the entire belt, only the front. Weird.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bit fucking over the top. He aint that bald...

Hogan wasn't fat when Russo said that either.

Apparently the bald part of the "shoot" is what got under Hogan's skin the most which is hilarious considering how long he's been bald for.

strobogo

Banned
Hercules Hernandez is a great wrestler, great look. Understood his gimmick perfectly.

He wasn't great, but I think he was one of the more enjoyable roided up dudes from the era. His match with Warrior at WM4 was one of the best matches of the night. Which doesn't really say a lot for the show, but I think he was a lot more serviceable in the ring than what people give him credit for.

Oh wow, this Lionheart dude says his neck is broken in two places.

But it's a finisher that doesn't let him protect his opponent. When he has such a bad track record of hurting people with it, maybe it's time to switch to something else. It doesn't even look that great.

I'd say 3 guys in 12 years isn't really a bad track record, especially when all the injuries were 100% due to the guy taking the move as wrongly as possible. It's not a dangerous move except for these guys who insist on tucking their chins the opposite way.

I could only finish WM 2 with alcohol

lol Now all these other 28 fools will understand how I turned into an alcoholic in such a short time.

Hogan wasn't fat when Russo said that either.

Apparently the bald part of the "shoot" is what got under Hogan's skin the most which is hilarious considering how long he's been bald for.

It's well known how self-conscious he is about it. During his initial WWF run from 1984-1992, heels were forbidden from mentioning his baldness in promos.

They can. It's there at several other PPVs. He probably entered to a cheap ripoff of Also Sprach Zarathustra at Summerslam 2002 for some reason.
They can. It's there at several other PPVs. He probably entered to a cheap ripoff of Also Sprach Zarathustra at Summerslam 2002 for some reason.

Pretty sure he was joking about the licensing. There is no licensing for Also Sprach Zarathustra. It's public domain.

The WWE: A) Doesn't like paying for the license they would have to pay for a specific, recorded orchestral performance of the work, so that's why you often hear crappy synth versions used for Flair on TV instead of the awesome full-orchestra recordings you at hear on house shows. B) has experimented with a couple different versions if Flair's theme because they like the idea of owning/selling these "originals" instead of promoting something they don't own. They're all crap, of course, compared to Strauss.

Aiii

So not worth it
I wonder if Meltzer is just getting trolled. Even he is prone to it.

Also goddamnit Matt Striker just loves giving people goofy ass nicknames

THE NEON GENESIS/THE POISON FIST OF THE PACIFIC RIM Yoshi Tatsu
THE WINNIPEG JET Chris Jericho
What gain would they have with working the entire internet just because? Everyone is pissed of enough at them as it is, so it wouldn't be very logical to have everyone expect Punk and then not deliver, that would only enrage people even more.

So I woke up this morning and read the news about Punk possibly coming back tomorrow. I fell back asleep (I was up way too late last night) and dreamt that I had read an article saying that Punk's return will involve him coming back with a light saber...

Guy's, I'm really excited for Clone Wars to be brought to Netflix this month lol

What gain would they have with working the entire internet just because? Everyone is pissed of enough at them as it is, so it wouldn't be very logical to have everyone expect Punk and then not deliver, that would only enrage people even more.

It's not a matter of 'how much would they gain', though, more of a 'How wrong can Meltzer be Because Meltzer isn't nearly as infallible as he was say, a decade ago.
It seems he's getting back on point though RE: his sources.

And if Punk does come back, I see his long running streak of apparently having WWE over a barrel continues

I still subscribe to the theory that it was all a work, just like MITB. Punk's got way more juice on him now, and all he did was take a month or so off to recharge. Absence makes the Chicago heart grow fonder.

strobogo

Banned
Is Flair's music copyrighted? This new shit sounds so generic.

Only if it's Sailor Jerry.

It's likely that if you're hearing the WWF 90s theme for Flair, the footage being used is a home release. In 2002, they had a lot of weird music stuff going on that even extended to video games, with knock of NWO, Flair, and Booker music being used whenever possible.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's not a matter of 'how much would they gain', though, more of a 'How wrong can Meltzer be Because Meltzer isn't nearly as infallible as he was say, a decade ago.
It seems he's getting back on point though RE: his sources.

And if Punk does come back, I see his long running streak of apparently having WWE over a barrel continues

I still subscribe to the theory that it was all a work, just like MITB. Punk's got way more juice on him now, and all he did was take a month or so off to recharge. Absence makes the Chicago heart grow fonder.
He named his source as a high up wrestler who would know. His source isn't JTG. If he is being worked it's not anyone just messing with him without the higher ups knowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom