• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should be starting DDP Yoga this week. Excited to get going as soon as it hits my mail box. Ready for some next level life change shit.
Yeah. I started doing it this week. I've had weight issues my whole life. Thank goodness my body still hasn't broken down from the weight. So I did DDP yoga energy on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Feels good. I don't feel too much impact and if I could do it then anyone can. Hope it works for you and I hope i can keep it up. We got this buddy!

I wonder if Meltzer is just getting trolled. Even he is prone to it.

Also goddamnit Matt Striker just loves giving people goofy ass nicknames

THE NEON GENESIS/THE POISON FIST OF THE PACIFIC RIM Yoshi Tatsu
THE WINNIPEG JET Chris Jericho

Yoshi Tatsu is Shinji Ikari.
Eva Marie is Asuka, I guess.

Kaladin

Just a friendly reminder that tomorrow is the deadline to cancel the 1 week free trial of WWE Network.

I'm cancelling today just to be safe.

I don't have a device to watch it on my tv and barely even used the service this week. Plus I'm in a place where $10 a month requires serious consideration; that's hard times, daddy.

EDIT: deadline is 3/4 but they don't say what time. Went ahead and cancelled.

Network 4 Life.

I understand if folks need to cancel, but it's a service you need if you're a fan.

Just a friendly reminder that tomorrow is the deadline to cancel the 1 week free trial of WWE Network.

I don't have a device to watch it on my tv and barely even used the service this week. Plus I'm in a place where $10 a month requires serious consideration; that's hard times, daddy.

I'm definitely keeping it. I watch on my iPhone during my commute/workout and watch at home on the PS4. Currently, I'm watching every NWA/WCW PPV in order (we'll see if I can get through late '99/'00). It's pretty rad. I've never seen a WCW PPV in its entirety before the Network, so, for me, it's worth it. But once I'm done watching all PPVs, I can see myself getting bored with it. But it's gonna be AT LEAST 6-8 months before I watch all the shit I wanna watch. :)

Watched total divas today. Easy to watch but like all reality TV it is brain rot. Bryan is the biggest babyface even IRL. Cena is a weird man with apparent mental problems. Funkadactyls and Jon Uso are awesome.

strobogo

Banned
I'm pretty sure Jimmy Hart owns the NWO theme and that's why Hogan's TNA theme was a note for note rerecording of it and it was fine to use it. I believe the same thing went for Bischoff's music and The Band using the instrumental of the Wolfpac theme.

Booker's sounded like a 15 year old did it on an 8 key MIDI keyboard and an early version of Garage Band. It doesn't even sound in synch at multiple times during the song and the instruments sound so cheap.

"This week in the WWE" is a strange show, It just had a random interview with Wade Barrett including such hard hitting questions as his favourite type of curry, it was a Balti by the way, not spicy enough for him to be met with bad news a few hours down the line then.

Ohhh.. What if they do Triple H and Kane versus Bryan and Punk and if they win the WM main event is a 4 way.

Might be the last chance we get to see Bryan versus Punk

Aiii

So not worth it
I think Punk signed a year extension at least. If he returns.

Don't see why they would bring him back for those few months, seams silly.

Plus, he still has a girlfriend traveling on a WWE schedule, must suck to not see her for weeks at a time. Don't see AJ leaving at 27 either, that would be a stupid thing to do. Then again, women generally do make sacrifices for their mates more quickly then men tend to.

strobogo

Banned
Legit Shook WW3 1998 REMASTERED

ibf56a8y4Dv7yX.gif

ibjAKtAuXkfElT.gif

izAtQbJPWAfc8.gif

Shit guys, I had forgotten how shitty and half assed the second half of 1998 WCW PPVs were. I guess the drinking served a purpose. Even kind of half watching/listening to these bring it all rushing back.

somedevil

I think Punk signed a year extension at least. If he returns.

Don't see why they would bring him back for those few months, seams silly.

Plus, he still has a girlfriend traveling on a WWE schedule, must suck to not see her for weeks at a time. Don't see AJ leaving at 27 either, that would be a stupid thing to do. Then again, women generally do make sacrifices for their mates more quickly then men tend to.

If Vince got Punk to sign a extension the man is a Jedi. They are bringing him back because he was the 2nd biggest draw behind Cena. Then if he wants he can finish up at Payback in Chicago and then take his break for however long he wants.

I'm definitely keeping it. I watch on my iPhone during my commute/workout and watch at home on the PS4. Currently, I'm watching every NWA/WCW PPV in order (we'll see if I can get through late '99/'00). It's pretty rad. I've never seen a WCW PPV in its entirety before the Network, so, for me, it's worth it. But once I'm done watching all PPVs, I can see myself getting bored with it. But it's gonna be AT LEAST 6-8 months before I watch all the shit I wanna watch. :)
Watching wrestling in public? I don't know if that's better or worse than wrestling shirts in public. At least the screen on the iPhone is small.

Sblargh

Banned
Oh man, these comments about John Cena on Total Divas is what is selling me the show. I could totally watch a reality show on the style of Extreme Hoarders with John Cena as someone wrestling (got it?) with his neurosis.

Oh man, these comments about John Cena on Total Divas is what is selling me the show. I could totally watch a reality show on the style of Extreme Hoarders with John Cena as someone wrestling (got it?) with his neurosis.

Specifically there's an episode where Nikki makes him dinner and he seems appalled that someone used his kitchen for its actual purpose and then starts cleaning everything. You get the impression he never eats at home.

As much as I don't care for Teddy Long being a GM, he was a really good manager for Jazz. Teddy's great on the mic and Jazz was great in the ring. #believedat #thebitchisback #thebitchisblack

Edit: Trish could have broken Jazz's leg or something with that shitty STF.

Aiii

So not worth it
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/008/5/6/randy_orton___wwe_world_heavyweight_champion_by_shivamen-d71drcg.jpg[/IM]

Congrats on the milestone, champ![/QUOTE]
He is not the champion we need. Or deserve. But he's the champion we get, regardless. Congratulations Randy.

Watching wrestling in public? I don't know if that's better or worse than wrestling shirts in public. At least the screen on the iPhone is small.

I honestly couldn't care less. I have ZERO shame when it comes to my love for wrestling. I've been hyping up the fact I'm going to WrestleMania and wore my old-school Rick Rude shirt to work a couple of weeks back. Honestly, I think it's pretty damn sad if you have to hide what you enjoy. This isn't high school, man -- like what you like.

Aiii

So not worth it
I honestly couldn't care less. I have ZERO shame when it comes to my love for wrestling. I've been hyping up the fact I'm going to WrestleMania and wore my old-school Rick Rude shirt to work a couple of weeks back. Honestly, I think it's pretty damn sad if you have to hide what you enjoy. This isn't high school, man -- like what you like.
Hear, hear!

dream

If the only viable contenders are Dave "Brass Body" Bautista and Daniel Bryan, RKO may actually remain champion for the whole year!

Verendus

Banned
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2014/008/5/6/randy_orton___wwe_world_heavyweight_champion_by_shivamen-d71drcg.jpg

Congrats on the milestone, champ!
There are only 6 stars who have had the belt longer than 1000 days if I remember (Hogan, Bruno, Pedro, Backlund, Cena and Triple H). If he's hit 1000 days, that means he's held the belt for about 500-600 days for the past 4 years since the only two people above 500 days in 2010 from the current crop were Batista and Cena (who was above 1000). That can't be right, I'm pretty sure. He was hardly champ when I was catching up with the past few years. That's crazy if true.

Verendus said:
There are only 6 stars who have had the belt longer than 1000 days if I remember (Hogan, Bruno, Pedro, Backlund, Cena and Triple H). If he's hit 1000 days, that means he's held the belt for about 500-600 days for the past 4 years since the only two people above 500 days in 2010 from the current crop were Batista and Cena (who was above 1000). That can't be right, I'm pretty sure. He was hardly champ when I was catching up with the past few years. That's crazy if true.

Randy's actually 7th and still a fair way off 1,000 days cumulative;

1. Bruno - 2 reigns, 4,040 days
2. Hulk - 6 reigns, 2,185 days
3. Backlund - 2 reigns, 2,138 days
4. Cena - 11 reigns, 1,191 days
5. Pedro Morales - 1 reign, 1,027 days
6. Bret - 5 reigns, 654 days
7. Randy - 8 reigns, 574+ days
8. H's - 8 reigns, 539 days
9. Austin - 6 reigns, 529 days
10. Macho - 2 reigns, 520 days

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

Canceling it too. I was thinking about subscribing, but I'll wait until further down the line when there's more stuff and the apps are more stable.

Joeki11a

Banned
hope the IWC isnt really believing the BS of Phil Returning...
they are about to pull a HBK fake out at Montreal on the fans and wwe will show its power over the fans
wwe loves to hate on smarks who think they are creative or ceo of wwe, who want to see ROH personas..main eventing
wwe greatest ppv money maker of all times, ya that makes alot of sense smh.

so get ready for HHH himself to play the role of HBK in montreal, afte he craps on the smarks he will be interrupted by
DB of course and their feud now goes to another level.

I'm afraid I got some bad news. CM Punk is not here tonight. No wait that's the good news.

The bad news is the Miz vs Kofi Kingston is up next and it's an iron man match .

He named his source as a high up wrestler who would know. His source isn't JTG. If he is being worked it's not anyone just messing with him without the higher ups knowing.

...Duh?
I can't tell what side you're on anymore, #TeamReal or #TeamCG
How about we both agree that punching people is bad and move on :p

I don't know, people understand there is a difference between Paul Levesque and Hunter, but on TV he should be in character at all times. IMO.

They'e doing what's best for business. Making a new generation of stars is good for business. And nobody at NXT has done anything to them. Shades of grey, man. Shades of grey.

hope the IWC isnt really believing the BS of Phil Returning...
they are about to pull a HBK fake out at Montreal on the fans and wwe will show its power over the fans
wwe loves to hate on smarks who think they are creative or ceo of wwe, who want to see ROH personas..main eventing
wwe greatest ppv money maker of all times, ya that makes alot of sense smh.

so get ready for HHH himself to play the role of HBK in montreal, afte he craps on the smarks he will be interrupted by
DB of course and their feud now goes to another level.

I would buy 24 months of the network for this

At this point I hope Punk stays home. He comes off as an entitled jerk and I'd rather see guys like Bryan and Cesaro fill Punks #2 in the company role.

I would love for that to happen, actually i think it would be better for CM Punk to not return at all, regardless of what the real situation is on the outside it would be like giving a child his toy or something to eat after hours upon hours of tantrum throwing.

DMczaf

Welp. Punk is back.

In light of the recent Wrestling Observer report claiming CM Punk will be returning to Raw tomorrow night in Chicago, a small, yet interesting tidbit has come up regarding Punk's Twitter account.

Shortly after Punk walked out on WWE following the Royal Rumble PPV, the official WWE Twitter account unfollowed Punk's account. However, the new WWE Network account, which was created after Punk's walk out, and after the WWE Twitter account unfollowed him, is now following Punk on Twitter. Below is a screen shot of Punk's account:

punk-twitter.png

OBSERVE THIS, BROTHER. Internet is a like a dinosaur compared to Twitter, brother. Twitters got the scoops, BROTHER!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Crowd are pitiful. Especially Chicago. Fuck Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom