• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pumped about NXT tonight. It's interesting if its true that they want to push NXT more and are slower in moving talent up. Though I think it was just a throaway line to not make Bo Dallas feel bad. I hope the more merchndise line wasn't lipservice though. Neville, Corey Graves, Kalista, Solomon Crowe, Enzo and Bayley deserve merchandise.
Corey Graves gloves that have STAY DOWN written on the knuckles. or a custom PUNK ROCK denim vest that already has all the patches and prefabricated tears and costs like $100

Watching an early PWG show from 2003 with an indie-riffic main event of Kaz, Punk & Joey Ryan vs Adam Pearce, Super Dragon & Colt. Not a great match, went on a bit too long and was a bit of a mess in places, but there was some good stuff here and there. Here's a few gifs...

Shitty lucha Punk;

Punk.gif

Super Dragon murders Punk with a lariatoooo;

Super_Dragon.gif

Punk reverses the Doomsday Device;

Punk1.gif

Super Dragon just drops Joey on his fucking head;

Super_Dragon1.gif

And then takes a real hard bump off the top from Kaz. Love his reaction, lol;

Kaz.gif

The show also featured a shitty, shitty Samoa Joe vs BJ Whitmer match. Whitmer's never been great, but goddamn did he suck the life out of this one.

DREAM - JOSE CANSECO vs HONG MAN CHOI - 2009

canseco_choi10xum4.gif

for those who never seen it or never heard of it, here it is. Canseco is one of the top baseball players of all time who pretty much called everyone out on being on steroids. that's all i know about him.

canseco_choi3e4ow3.gif

Hong Man Choi is a legit, mobile giant. 7'2, 350lb and agile enough to have a kickboxing and MMA career. huge dude, Canseco is a big guy and look how small he is next to him.

canseco_choi2h0o97.gif

bell rings and shit, Jose actually hits a big right hand on the giant who probably tought it was a mosquito bite.

canseco_choi4emo4s.gif

Jose is... doing well actually. doing side kicks and front kicks with the occasional looping right hand. but the he gets short jabbed and, if you look closely, you can pin point exactly the moment where Jose thinks to himself "what the fuck am i doing here?".

canseco_choi590pg9.gif

oh boy, look at that. Jose got "injured" while running away from Choi. how... convenient.

canseco_choi6smryy.gif

Jose then "falls" to the ground and gets punched till he finally taps to strikes. winner is Hong Man Choi. man oh man, Jose got some large monetary compensation for this and it only lasted till he actually got hit and said "fuck it". i love how his "injury" came from just running around, not actually getting hit, haha. coming soon, Minoru Suzuki goodness.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shit I just realized there is something WWE could do to make me watch Thunder for the first time. If they put them all up before Saturday Night or Nitro. I hope they don't do this.

Ultratech

lol @ that Canseco fight

It just seems so random.

I'll give him some effort for actually putting up something resembling a fight.

Too bad he lasted less than two minutes though. lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When gaf shit posts go bad...

Also who is excited for the countdown to Lockdown to begin tonight? Who is handling the OT thread?

Gorillaz

what the hell happened to TNA impact.....shit is looking struggle, havn't seen it in like 5 years but....jesus it looks cheap

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn Renee Young is so much taller than Neville.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Neville's promo work has come a long way. He's easy to understand, too. He didn't used to be this articulate and clear. Good stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yo honestly, Renee Young is 5'5 and Neville is 5'10 according to Wiki, but he was SIGNIFICANTLY shorter than she was. What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom