• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

95VyWjL.jpg

All Moses has to do is last 2 minutes and The Rock will be gassed and have a torn muscle. Easy test.

I was actually thinking of watching tonight, bean. Because I'm a fan of a The Wolves.

Hey Bootaaay, thank you for replying positively about TNA although I have to say, I don't like Eddie Edwards.

He always has this stupid smirk on his face and whenever The Wolves are cutting a promo and he isn't talking, he keeps turning his head and leering at Davey Richards. He turns his head like every 5 seconds and stares deep into Richards' soul. It's very distracting and just takes me completely out of the promo.

Also, Eddie Edwards? Really? I'm supposed to believe that your keyfabe parents named you Edward Edwards? That's some Kelly Kelly type shit.

Seems The Ascension have started working house shows but got Del Rio-esque reactions during their match at MSG. If they keep coming out to crickets will they still get moved up or will they be considered a failure and left in NXT?

They're a failure in NXT. They hardly get any reactions. They're a LoD squash type team; not a group of workers.

Also, there's nothing to their characters. They're like Gangrel 2.0 but without the cool music and intro.

Marvel

could never
Just finished NXT, ok that Adam Rose thing could be good, not completely sold yet but I loved his entrance haha.

I don't like Guns N' Roses, but i don't like that the only other people here who dislike them are the TNA fans

Are there any indie wrasslers who use this as a theme? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hvF3mDOmSo&feature=kp
If not, I'm gonna become an indie wrestler just so i can use it
They're a failure in NXT. They hardly get any reactions. They're a LoD squash type team; not a group of workers.

Also, there's nothing to their characters. They're like Gangrel 2.0 but without the cool music and intro.
YAH! YAH! YAH!

Hey Bootaaay, thank you for replying positively about TNA although I have to say, I don't like Eddie Edwards.

He always has this stupid smirk on his face and whenever The Wolves are cutting a promo and he isn't talking, he keeps turning his head and leering at Davey Richards. He turns his head like every 5 seconds and stares deep into Richards' soul. It's very distracting and just takes me completely out of the promo.

Also, Eddie Edwards? Really? I'm supposed to believe that your keyfabe parents named you Edward Edwards? That's some Kelly Kelly type shit.

Yeah, Eddie 'Eddie Edwards' Edwards has literally negative charisma...either that or he's just shy, because he sounds fairly normal in regular interviews, but it seems that whenever the camera switches on he just goes into fully awkward mode. Shame, as I'm a fan of him in the ring - one of the hardest working guys on the indies.

strobogo

Banned
I'm pretty sure I've seen super fan Vlad at WM 6-15 so far. What does/did he do for a living to be able to go all across the country every year and be in super good shape? He was on Piper's Pit once, too. I bet he was at WM 1-5 as well, but I didn't see him.

Nooooooo

**Stacy Keibler had a surprise wedding over the weekend in Mexico with boyfriend Jared Pobre, who is a tech entrepreneur. Keibler was rumored to have some involvement with the WWE in the next little while with Stephanie McMahon meeting with Keibler recently at a VH-1 event in New York City.

Aiii

So not worth it
Even doing full on move for move play by play, that seems like a lot. How many words are "AJ"?

Shane vs X-Pac is by far the best match at WM15.

Alot of words are Pam, Pamela or Anderson.

But yeah, I wrote alot, but I like to write so once I start I just don't stop. Should hopefully be an entertaining read though and give you a perfect description of WrestleMania 11!

Rapstah

Apparently there's a mysterious unaired NXT taping they did on January 30th? Cody and Goldust were on it. Some say if you look in a mirror at midnight and turn around twice something will whisper the results in your ear and then you die two days later unless you post this comment on two other videos.

Mr. Sam

They consistently get reactions, particularly in recent weeks with "Yah!" (almost) inexplicably taking off.

I'm not really sure why a Legion of Doom comparison should ever be considered an insult for a tag team - it shouldn't - and they certainly have had plenty of squashes, mostly due to NXT lacking any other proper tag teams, but they have had plenty of lengthy - and good - matches too. Rick Victor - or just 'Viktor' these days - has had a thirteen year career that started in the Hart Dungeon.

Is in-depth characterisation ever a thing in professional wrestling? I assume so because I often see 'nothing to their characters' leveled at wrestlers as if it's abnormal. I obviously fast-forward through the parts of Raw with all the Shakespearean soliloquies.

With the re-emergence of the broad, colourful gimmicks - e.g. The Wyatts, Shield - I'd say the time was just about right for The Ascension's entrance onto the big stage.

strobogo

Banned
They consistently get reactions, particularly in recent weeks with "Yah!" (almost) inexplicably taking off.

I'm not really sure why a Legion of Doom comparison should ever be considered an insult for a tag team - it shouldn't - and they certainly have had plenty of squashes, mostly due to NXT lacking any other proper tag teams, but they have had plenty of lengthy - and good - matches too. Rick Victor - or just 'Viktor' these days - has had a thirteen year career that started in the Hart Dungeon.

Is in-depth characterisation ever a thing in professional wrestling? I assume so, because I often see 'nothing to their characters' leveled at wrestlers as if it's abnormal. I obviously fast-forward through the parts of Raw with all the Shakespearean soliloquies.

With the re-emergence of the broad, colourful gimmicks - e.g. The Wyatts, Shield - I'd say the time was just about right for The Ascension's entrance onto the big stage.

What lengthy, good matches have they ever had? Curtis Axel also got a reaction in NXT for the weird noises he made, but it didn't mean he was over.

So I'm going through and watching every WCW PPV in order (mostly because I was purely a WWF fan growing up) and so far they've been pretty crappy. Thoughts on what I've seen:

Starcade '83: Crappy show. Hardly any good matches minus the Steamboat match. The Flair title match was OK, but the finish was awful. Too much blading. The Piper/Valentine match was pretty good, I guess. Gordon Solie annoys me SO MUCH when he called a "suplex" a "su-play." What is up with that? The production is awful. Why did I watch this?

Starcade '84: Ugh. So much blading (in plain sight of the camera, mind you). Crappy matches. Main event had an awful, awful finish.

Starcade '85: OK, so far, I guess. I don't remember what I've watched. Everything is forgettable.

Random thoughts overall: The concept of false finishes obviously DID NOT exist back then. Matches just randomly end with filler moves (snap mares, CHOPS, etc.). It's so bizarre. There's no climax. No build up to the finish. They just happen. Randomly. So odd. It really kills the excitement for me. I never feel like I'm watching an end of match. I've had to rewind several matches because I missed the finish.

Blading. OMG! Everyone blades. FOR NO REASON. 2 minute match? LET'S BLADE! And it's not like they try to hide it either -- on every show I've watched so far you can clearly see the dudes blading in plain sight. It's just bizarre. And gross. Blood in a match works if there's a reason. Randomly blading MINUTES into a match is just stupid. Especially when there's blood in practically every match.

The production is also awful. Sound issues. Camera issues. Lighting issues. Issues overall. But it was early '80's.

BTW: I'm so happy to watch these old-ass PPVs so my complaints aren't as nasty as they sound. :D

Ithil

Is in-depth characterisation ever a thing in professional wrestling? I assume so because I often see 'nothing to their characters' leveled at wrestlers as if it's abnormal. I obviously fast-forward through the parts of Raw with all the Shakespearean soliloquies.

Consistently? The "yah" thing is first time I've heard crowd noise for them, and that's nearly out of boredom. The only consistent thing during their matches for the last year has been silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom