• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Man, Jesse Ventura just can't stop with the fat jokes on Dusty's manager Sapphire. It's actually worse than Lawler teasing Vicky about her weight.

I think there was a real missed opportunity to have at least a one month feud with WHC Sheamus shortly after Barrett's return with the whole striking focus and all but I guess that interfered with the year of ADR/Sheamus matches.

Man that might have actually been pretty interesting if they just went for it and slugged each other.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, Jesse Ventura just can't stop with the fat jokes on Dusty's manager Sapphire. It's actually worse than Lawler teasing Vicky about her weight.

He's Jesse THE BODY Ventura. Not Jesse THE SLOB Ventura. It wouldn't make sense for him to NOT mock someone's weight.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I could just imagine some 80's version of Brandon Stroud writing some letter to the editor in his hometown newspaper about it.

strobogo

Banned
Anytime he's ever brought up in an interview, wrestlers always speak of him in glowing terms.

Serious question that I'd assume you'd know: Has Kane ever hurt someone with his tombstone? His looked so much more dangerous and reckless than Taker's, but I've never heard of anyone getting hurt from it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Serious question that I'd assume you'd know: Has Kane ever hurt someone with his tombstone? His looked so much more dangerous and reckless than Taker's, but I've never heard of anyone getting hurt from it.
No. In fact, Taker's tombstone is the original reason why it was banned.

He botched hitting HHH with it at JD 2000, and HHH actually laid in the ring for a minutes unable to move. After that, it was banned. Taker also botched the tombstone on Kane at WM 14, but luckily, Kane was able to move, and it just hit his shoulder.

tumblr_n26qyoV1M81sg99p0o1_1280.jpg

strobogo

Banned

He botched hitting HHH with it at JD 2000, and HHH actually laid in the ring for a minutes unable to move. After that, it was banned. Taker also botched the tombstone on Kane at WM 14, but luckily, Kane was able to move, and it just hit his shoulder.

Yeah I just watched the WM14 match and Kane was lucky not to get hurt on that. I do recall the Judgement Day tombstone as well, but Kane's in general looked like it would be much more likely to hurt someone since he didn't protect the guy's head between his knees like Taker.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah I just watched the WM14 match and Kane was lucky not to get hurt on that. I do recall the Judgement Day tombstone as well, but Kane's in general looked like it would be much more likely to hurt someone since he didn't protect the guy's head between his knees like Taker.
I'm actually surprised you say that, because the general criticism of Kane's tombstone on the IWC has always been that Kane didn't drive the guy's head closer to the mat, and that he was overprotective, which made it look fake. Either way, if it looks dangerous, but it never has been with him, then he must be making it look good, lol.

Taker also botched the tombstone against someone in 1996, I believe, but I can't remember who.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+

Mania 2 wasn't as bad as I've heard.

Batigol

Banned

Watched JD 2000 yesterday and that tombstone was sloppy as hell. Not sure why he didn't position HHH properly

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Guys.

I don't like Piper, and it has nothing to do with that. He's an annoying little turd as a face, and he's too busy screaming to be a good heel. He's shit tier, and he never should have been the 'main' heel over guys like Jake, Ted, Bobby, or Rude.

strobogo

Banned
I'm Wrasslemania'd out for the day. Got up to 15 so far. It's not a good show. Austin/Rock is decent, Shane vs X-Pac is so much better than it had any right to be. The rest of the show flat out sucks. Not excited to rewatch 2000. I think I'll dig into some NWA, make some gifs, start off my 3rd bottle of Nyquil in the past 12 days, and see what happens tomorrow.

I agree on Piper. Never liked him as a face or a heel, be it promos, as a commentator, or in the ring. Especially in the ring. I've seen 3 Piper matches I'd consider enjoyable: Piper vs Valentine at Starrcade, Piper vs Flair at the MSG show currently on the Network, and Piper vs Bret at WM8. He was a terrible wrestler and only got over as a heel because he was racist and sexist as you could possibly be without shouting nigger. Which I'm sure he would have if he could have. Dude wasn't good even in his prime, so coming into WCW deep into his 40s, being allowed to ramble on TV for 15-20 minutes at a time, and then have 15-20 minute long matches against other dudes from his era was a terrible idea.

Aiii

So not worth it
I just went through a Bret Hart vs. Bob Backlund "I Quit" match with Piper as special guest ref and he didn't do anything. He was just there lugging mics (on cables) around.

I kept waiting for the ref spot involving him, but nothing!

strobogo

Banned
Dude was a series of increasingly diminishing returns when Vince kept bringing him back. In 1993 against Lawler (fucking awful), as guest ref in 1994 and 1995, and as acting president/Goldust thing in 1996. Then WCW had to get in on it. And TNA. And Vince again in the 2000s. He never did anything to make anyone else look good his entire career. It was always about him and when it came time to lose, he magically never got pinned. Guy weaseled his way out of more loses than Hogan. In fact, the only guy I can remember him losing to clean was Bret at WM8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom