• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They don't have to be people who would be guaranteed to win. The different members of the Shield, Bray Wyatt, Sheamus, Punk would have been on the list had he not left, Cesaro, Cena in their inevitable rematch, etc.

I mean, what the fuck are you going to do otherwise? Keep the belt on Orton who has done NOTHING with it? Give it to Batista who would do even less, because at least Orton can wrestle?

Batista gets that belt, does the media circuit. Orton can't do anything with it because he's holding it for Batista. I strongly feel Bryan as a champion has nothing much to offer. The argument of "Oh well he hasn't had a chance with it" is a valid argument, but I don't see people behind him like I do when he's chasing it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
tumblr_n28obfyxB11rkzyp8o1_500.png

Ithil

Batista gets that belt, does the media circuit. Orton can't do anything with it because he's holding it for Batista. I strongly feel Bryan as a champion has nothing much to offer. The argument of "Oh well he hasn't had a chance with it" is a valid argument, but I don't see people behind him like I do when he's chasing it.

The media circuit excuse is just silly. That's what Batista does for a month, in August. What does he DO with the title? Who does HE face?

Since apparently Bryan has no opponents as champion, Batista must have plenty?

Also, what do you think the YES Movement is for? They are building Bryan into a brand. When he wins the title, it will no longer be about the chase, so you need something to sustain, which is what the YES Movement is meant to do, it's meant to build a brand for fans to rally around and continue to support Bryan because he's a star, not just because they want him to "make it". I see them sowing seeds for him for after he's "made it".

G-Fex

The best would be Cena proving Taker isn't a phenom by bringing up pictures on the titantron of him at home with michelle and his old white goatee and hat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The media circuit excuse is just silly. That's what Batista does for a month, in August. What does he DO with the title? Who does HE face?

Since apparently Bryan has no opponents as champion, Batista must have plenty?

Why are you so passionate about this? Batista has a ton of things he can do. Revenge angle with Cena for how he went out, any program with Bryan, rematch program with Orton - that's six months, easy, if you want it. I don't see Batista having the belt much longer than that.

Big One

Banned
I'm not seeing Batista getting the belt till Summerslam, cause that's when it'll actually tie into Guardians. I'm on the fence on this, but I'm betting Bryan will be winning at Wrestlemania. Why? Cause WWE really needs a fell-good moment to fix the fan feedback. There needs to be a pay-off before this is too late and Wrestlemania will be the perfect time for this. Then Bryan can get a decent run until Summerslam, who he will face Batista, the new "face" of the Authority.

I'm seeing that Triple H will likely do something along the lines by getting respect from Bryan after their match, so Vince shows up and takes Triple H's place as the centerpiece of The Authority with Batista being his "guy."

strobogo

Banned
Old dude seems more pre-occupied with checking his text messages than following the script.

RAW_1085_Photo_151.jpg

There was a guy in the front row at WM18 who spent a good chunk of every match looking at his phone. What could he really have been looking at in 2002? He even bailed out on finishes to look down at his phone. Why would you pay to get front row tickets to WM and then spend most of it looking at your 2002 brick phone?

But you can't do the chase forever. At some point you have to pull the trigger or you end up with Tommy Dreamer 2K14.

The best would be Cena proving Taker isn't a phenom by bringing up pictures on the titantron of him at home with michelle and his old white goatee and hat.

Look at that goof. Who does he think he is, Heisenberg?

More like Breaking BORED.

His eyes roll back in his head because he's boring himself to death.

HE'S A NORMAL OLD GUY WHO RIDES MOTORCYCLES.

CHAMP IZ HURR

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It would be better than their "Taker wrestles ___________ at WM" storyline that they're pushing now.

Jeez, judging by that pic, Kane looks like he's way younger than Undertaker even though they're only 2 years apart. I even looked up the years just to make sure.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But you can't do the chase forever. At some point you have to pull the trigger or you end up with Tommy Dreamer 2K14.

I still think Bryan should spend 3 months with the Wyatts. Everyone else probably agrees too.

Ithil

Why are you so passionate about this? Batista has a ton of things he can do. Revenge angle with Cena for how he went out, any program with Bryan, rematch program with Orton - that's six months, easy, if you want it. I don't see Batista having the belt much longer than that.

It's nothing to do with passion. I've seen this "if Bryan wins the title he has to lose it immediately because he has nothing he can do with it" sentiment repeated in various places, and I'm struggling to understand it. It seems like an easy reign to book, to me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've received a communiqué from our exiled Carnby to Avengers23:

veXrPTX.png

It's nothing to do with passion. I've seen this "if Bryan wins the title he has to lose it immediately because he has nothing he can do with it" sentiment repeated in various places, and I'm struggling to understand it. It seems like an easy reign to book, to me.

I guess I should be asking why you hate Batista so much. A man who did it all, went out on a high note, came back because he loves this business - why hate?

Nobody else is worth sniffing that belt. Or you might get another one of those shit PPVs with a shit competitor, like the time Cena faced R-Truth in the main event.

Gee Vince, I wonder why?

How I would book a Bryan post-Mania title reign: Make him look like a total badass the day after Mania, then you can do your schtick of laying him out whatever. Make every singles titles match involving Bryan for the title. Have Bryan be the guy to have the most title defenses than anyone in the company in the last 20 years. Make him be Bret Hart and fight EVERYONE. Make him fight Fandango for the title, Ryback for the title, Ziggler for the title, Heath Slater for the title - but make them your TV matches. Make them 5-10 minute matches so Bryan won't die in the ring

Your Orton's, Batista's,Cena's - Have them be PPVs money matches and make him drop it to Dave at Summerslam, and the IWC thirst could be quenched for a little bit.

But make him FIGHT.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gee Vince, I wonder why?

How I would book a Bryan post-Mania title reign: Make him look like a total badass the day after Mania, then you can do your schtick of laying him out whatever. Make every singles titles match involving Bryan for the title. Have Bryan be the guy to have the most title defenses than anyone in the company in the last 20 years. Make him be Bret Hart and fight EVERYONE. Make him fight Fandango for the title, Ryback for the title, Ziggler for the title, Heath Slater for the title - but make them your TV matches. Make them 5-10 minute matches so Bryan won't die in the ring

Your Orton's, Batista's, Punk's, Cena's - Have them be PPVs money matches and make him drop it to Dave at Summerslam, and the IWC thirst could be quenched for a little bit.

But make him FIGHT.

That...sounds really fun. Just a huge wall of opponents every single time he ever appears as the Authority tries to chip away at him. Drown him in bodies.

It'd be nice if we had a TV Title again.

Ithil

I've received a communiqué from our exiled Carnby to Avengers23:

veXrPTX.png

I guess I should be asking why you hate Batista so much. A man who did it all, went out on a high note, came back because he loves this business - why hate?

I don't hate Batista. But he has no business being the champion in his condition, and at this point in time. They have a legit star being made right now, and that's what they ought to be concentrating on He's apparently going to be around mostly full time for two years, he can have a title reign sometime in there.

Gee Vince, I wonder why?

Your Orton's, Batista's,Cena's - Have them be PPVs money matches and make him drop it to Dave at Summerslam, and the IWC thirst could be quenched for a little bit.

But make him FIGHT.

Why would you give a bunch of comedy gimmick and mid-card wrestlers World Title shots though??

That booking works with IC or US Title but not WHC

strobogo

Banned
I still think Bryan should spend 3 months with the Wyatts. Everyone else probably agrees too.

They can revisit that feud while Bryan is champion. Bryan is a much, much more believable against all odds kind of champion than Cena ever could possibly be, but is legit and can believably fuck people up at the same time. I think he can have a strong run as champion in a similar manner to Bret during the New Generation. Defending the title all the time with talent from all over the roster. People genuinely get into his matches even when he's in the ring with shit heads. He can make the title look good, make himself look good, make opponents look good, and make the fans happy.

Other easy angles:

Bootista
Another Orton one, which I would definitely hold off on for a while
A respect feud with Cena
Possibly something with Punk if he comes back
A blow off match with Kane
Something with Cesaro
HHH finding new guys to throw at him

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
After what Punk did...it's like when Randy had his two strikes. No chance I let him near the title for a long time. Shame on him.

That...sounds really fun. Just a huge wall of opponents every single time he ever appears as the Authority tries to chip away at him. Drown him in bodies.

It'd be nice if we had a TV Title again.

It's also cool cause I'm throwing Big Dave a bone also. Have him appear on talk shows to promote Galaxy on Fallon with the belt (hopefully one belt by that time), and be a HEEL. Be a character, BE A WRESTLER. That's the only way I would support Dave in any way. Hell have Bryan hijack a talk show segment or a red carpet event. Make Bryan the crazy hobo man he's beginning to be.

Why would you give a bunch of comedy gimmick and mid-card wrestlers World Title shots though??

That booking works with IC or US Title but not WHC

The story would be the Authority just throwing everything they have at the dude.

It's not like they need to worry about PPV buys subscriptions for another 6 months

After what Punk did...it's like when Randy had his two strikes. No chance I let him near the title for a long time. Shame on him.

What did Punk do?

strobogo

Banned
It really bothers me that WWE still uses a promo picture of Daniel from around WM last year as the go to picture for match up screens and even on the website. How hard is it to get a new picture of him with his longer hair/beard and a Yes Movement shirt?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What did Punk do?

Walked out. BUT THE JURY IS STILL OUT IF ITS AN ANGLE!

It really bothers me that WWE still uses a promo picture of Daniel from around WM last year as the go to picture for match up screens and even on the website. How hard is it to get a new picture of him with his longer hair/beard and a Yes Movement shirt?

He...looked better back then :x

What shitend neck of the woods are they in tonoght? I want to know, as I will always endeavor to avoid it for my entire life.

When making travel arrangements I always ask myself, "How did this city's crowd react on Raw?"

Also, digging the phonetic Irish accent spelling, you should run with it.

Ithil

So what's the card looking like? Four hours, and it's a marquee WM so they'll want it "all out".

Orton vs Batista (vs Bryan) for the WWE title

Lesnar vs Undertaker

Cena vs Bray

HHH vs Bryan

Something with the Shield

30 Man Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal

These seem set in stone. Also something with the Tag titles, and something with the Divas title are possible but not certain. The IC title isn't up, as Big E is in the battle royal, and the US title might be in the Shield angle.

Ha, that is weird. They did the same when Punk was with Heyman and had the almost shaved head but they used the good guy Punk pic for all the promos.

Am I the only who thinks Del Rio vs Ziggler could be a match that has the potential to be AMAZING? Those two guys are good enough workers to, hate to say it, steal the show?

Could it be possible to steal the show if given 10 minutes?

So what's the card looking like? Four hours, and it's a marquee WM so they'll want it "all out".

Lesnar vs Undertaker

Cena vs Bray

HHH vs Bryan

These seem set in stone. Also something with the Tag titles, and something with the Divas title are possible but not certain. The IC title isn't up, as Big E is in the battle royal, and the US title might be in the Shield angle.

Admittedly I'm not a big WWE follower but I think two other matches that are guaranteed are Cesaro vs Jack Victory and Big Show vs Kane.

Edit; also any chance they put an nxt title match on the undercard?

Lesnar vs Undertaker

Cena vs Bray

HHH vs Bryan

Big Show vs Kane

PANCRASE - MINORU SUZUKI vs KEN SHAMROCK - 1995

suzuki_shamrock11orgk.gif

part 2 of the series focusing on Minoru Suzuki. in 1993, after leaving UWF and having a short stint in PWFG, Suzuki and fellow comrade Masakatsu Funaki created Pancrase, arguably the first modern MMA promotion on the planet, outdating the UFC by months. the legitimacy of some of the early fights remains unknown, as they largely resemble the worked shoots from RINGS and the UWFi. anyways, moving on, this is gonna be short and sweet and for the King of Pancrase belt. no time for presentations, the bell rings and Ken, yellow shorts, is on the attack. Suzuki goes for a takedown but nice sprawl by Ken.

suzuki_shamrock2dkog4.gif

Ken throws some kicks but with no sucess. moves in close and reverses a Suzuki takedown attempt into a takedown of his own.

suzuki_shamrock3dyq6a.gif

Ken on top. goes for an armbar but Suzuki escapes and gets top position. Suzuki tries a kneebar but Ken manages to stand up and avoid it. Ken back on Suzuki's guard. snaps into an armbar but Suzuki squeezes out of it.

suzuki_shamrock4kxoby.gif

now it's Suzuki on top. he locks the leg of Ken. Ken tries to roll out of it but isntead ends up in a straight kneebar. nowhere to go, he taps. winner and the new King of Pancrase, Minoru Suzuki.

suzuki_shamrock5q4p7d.gif

an emotional Suzuki gets lifted into the air and cuts a little promo as the crowd celebrates. Suzuki compensated his lack of size with great grappling skill. one of the top japanese fighters of the 90s, for sure.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-piscium

gonna post part 3 soon, it's another small review.

Alucard

Banned
Impact is the cure for boredom. Never a dull moment, brothers! Hop aboard!

Did DDP Yoga tonight. Woo. 6 straight days. Feel pretty decent, but need to sleep more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom