• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

Trips is not going to put Bryan over. He'll win thanks to interference from Korporate Kane, will take Bryan's spot in the triple threat match and will then win the titles.

Mark my words.

This would be fantastic, but I really think they're giving Bryan a token entry just to keep the crowd from being shitty. That is until the last second, when their dreams are crushed by Batista.

Ka Bong!

imZWjX9jR1Orj.gif

Really showing your age with this one. Young Professor Beef is looking at this and scratching his head. He's probably click and dragging it into Google Image Search.

Anth0ny

I can see Bryan beating HHH and Batista winning the main event in the end.

Keep the chase that never ends going with Bryan. They've gone this long.

Sblargh

Banned
Y'all are missing the timeline with this bean breath late watch.

First it looked like only 5 or 6 guys were in the ring with Daniel and then it went to a comercial, during which we thought "yeah, they jumped the shark with this one", and then when it came back, it had a ton of people on the ring and around it and the segment started to get better and better until the stip announcement and than we were all happy, chanting "yes yes yes" while the #no people tried to change the rules of the bet since the #yesmovement clearly captured the heart of the nation.

It's happening (.gif) and we should be happy godamnit. SO BE FUCKING HAPPY!

Y'all are missing the timeline with this bean breath late watch.

First it looked like only 5 or 6 guys were in the ring with Daniel and then it went to a comercial, during which we thought "yeah, they jumped the shark with this one", and then when it came back, it had a ton of people on the ring and around it and the segment started to get better and better until the stip announcement and than we were all happy, chanting "yes yes yes" while the #no people tried to change the rules of the bet since the #yesmovement clearly captured the heart of the nation.

It's happening (.gif) and we should be happy godamnit. SO BE FUCKING HAPPY!

Yeah this is one of the rare instances when a commercial break helped a segment appear stronger.

LOL watch it be the lowest rated segment because of it.

Remember when WWE used to show "Tout" videos from their fanbase? Those remedial fuckers have never signed up for anything but welfare and GED preparation classes, and they probably had help from their stepparents to do that.
I was watching daytime TV the other day and saw The Miz in a GED P.S.A. commercial.

That'll put butts in the classroom seats.

RobbieNick

The company is now behind him, like we originally wanted.

So yes.

Wow. GAF can never be happy. (Although I'm also in agreement that Cesaro needs to be pushed hard. That dude is an amazing talent.)

So it's pretty damn obvious Bryan's gonna win against HHH at Wrestlemania. What chance do you think that they'll have him win the belt instead of Batista? Especially seeing as Batista supposedly has a title win in his contract.

So let's see what's in the card so far.

MAIN EVENT: Randy Orton vs. Batista (vs. Daniel Bryan if victorious)

Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan

Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

30 Man Andre the Giant memorial Battle Royal

Possible match:

Christian vs. Shamus

Anything I missed.?

The imminent Bryan backlash will be a result of the WWE focusing on stupid parts of his character such as this occupy and yes movement crap. We want the Daniel Bryan who cut that amazing promo on John Cena before Summerslam saying Cena's not a wrestler but an entertainer...and then he wouldn't slap Cena back as per Japanese wrestling custom. I want THAT Bryan...the one who actually uses the word "wrestling" in his vocabulary.

We will likely never see The American Dragon in the WWE, but we can get close.

Cena shat all over Bryan in their Summerslam promos. Is this a joke?

Vylash

Wow. GAF can never be happy. (Although I'm also in agreement that Cesaro needs to be pushed hard. That dude is an amazing talent.)

So it's pretty damn obvious Bryan's gonna win against HHH at Wrestlemania. What chance do you think that they'll have him win the belt instead of Batista? Especially seeing as Batista supposedly has a title win in his contract.

So let's see what's in the card so far.

MAIN EVENT: Randy Orton vs. Batista (vs. Daniel Bryan if victorious)

Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan

Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker

John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

30 Man Andre the Giant memorial Battle Royal

Possible match:

Christian vs. Shamus

Anything I missed.?

AJ vs Natalya vs Nikki probably

Toki767

The Raw after Mania will be glorious if Bryan isn't the champion. It'll probably still be great if he is the champion, but the crowd won't hijack the show for the third year in a row if he is.

The Occupy Raw thing was a moment that will be on all of the future Best Of/big Raw moments lists because it had good visuals and because both Steph and Trips were in top form.

Shield/Rhodes had MOTN but Jesus do the Rhodes need some direction. I continue to enjoy the "Shield has issues" marathon.

Usos/Rybaxel was fun but I don't need the Uso's finish in their last couple of matches to turn into More Bang For Your Buck.

Cena cut the predictable "lol Tommy Bahama and fedoras" promo but Bray seemed unshook. Rowan/Cena was fine for what it was, though it did seem to be cribbing a lot from Rowan/Bryan.

Rest was middling to bad. Main event was hilarious for Batista reasons.

Sblargh

Banned
The Bryan vs Steph feud is more interesting than the Bryan vs HHH feud, in part, because they can't settle it on the ring, but both have their own form of indirect power they can use to hurt each other.

Last monday, Steph won the night by saying, very frankly, that without her company, there would be no Daniel Bryan. And Bryan, tonight, fought back in a very legitimate way by stating that without the fans, there would be no company either.

Of course, Steph will always have money while Bryan won't always have fans, but while he does, he can use it to do any kind of weird wrestling over the top shenanigans. He could actually set up a ring on the parking lot to make people leave the venue. How fucking Steve Austin that would be, and at the same time, how fucking Daniel Bryan that would be, too?

If after this "I want a spot on wrestlemania" storyline resolves they want to keep this feud of The People vs The McMahon they can go wild. They can go to any place they want. They got motivated fanscheering for a face against heels they love to hate. The puzzle pieces are so there...

http://vimeo.com/88529224

#JOINTHEMOVEMENT

I'm so damn pumped for April 7th now. I cannot wait to see what Double J has in store for us wrestling fans. I feel an energy about what Jeff's doing and it feels good. The man brought us TNA in 2002, a true alternative to WWE after the death of WCW in 2001. That brief era with no national alternative was a dark time as a wrestling fan and I'll be forever grateful to the Jarrett family for bringing us TNA to fill the void. Say what you will about TNA present-day but *I* needed TNA after losing WCW in 2001. I can't wait to see what's going on now.

Could we really have 4 national wrestling companies to watch on TV in 2014!? TNA, ROH, JARRETT, and WWE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom