• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
Wrestlemania 12 report is written, just gotta to gif it all. There's no booze left in my house and I'll have to wait until tonight to gif and edit it so expect it sometime around whenever. I dunno how Stro does this 100 times per week.

Because despite what it seems, I actually enjoy watching pro wrasslin. I also gif as I'm watching and it rarely takes me more than the run time of the show to complete a review unless a match has a lot of gifs. I have a pretty good sense of when to ready the gif machine by now. It's not that hard unless it's a really bad show or I do 3-4 in a day. Maybe one day I'll offer alternate commentary for a whole show where I shit on Michael Hayes for 3 hours.

I've been thinkin on this and it's probably because he's EAT SLEEP GIF REPEAT.

It's more like DRINK SLEEP GIF REPEAT.

Vylash

What's stro gonna do when he runs out of non TNA things to review? Will he review every TNA episode in history, or commit suicide?

Because despite what it seems, I actually enjoy watching pro wrasslin.

So do I, but I also play the drinking game of "HEY EVERY TIME SOMETHING HAPPENS THAT COULD BE IN A DRINKING GAME YOU SHOULD DRINK".

Also, PBR is fucking terrible but you'll learn more about that in my Mania review because I'm the worst.

strobogo

Banned
What's stro gonna do when he runs out of non TNA things to review? Will he review every TNA episode in history, or commit suicide?

Suicide. It will take a long time before I get to only TNA stuff just with what the Network has up right now. There is still a ton of house shows/Clashes/SNME/Nitros/Raws/Smackdowns/Superstars/Saturday Nights/WCCW/ECW/GCW/FCW on and on before I only have TNA. I'll do only lolindies before only TNA.

strobogo

Banned
So do I, but I also play the drinking game of "HEY EVERY TIME SOMETHING HAPPENS THAT COULD BE IN A DRINKING GAME YOU SHOULD DRINK".

Also, PBR is fucking terrible but you'll learn more about that in my Mania review because I'm the worst.

I play the drinking game of "Make a drink and drink it and then make another and drink that. And then maybe drink another depending on what time it is and how I feel".

all this talk makes me wanna do it. stro, for a 2 hour show, how long do you usually take? i got one in mind.

Probably 2 1/2 hours unless there were a ton of gifs or it was so bad I needed to take multiple breaks.

I play the drinking game of "Make a drink and drink it and then make another and drink that. And then maybe drink another depending on what time it is and how I feel".

That's sort of what I do, but then I drink a lot more as well depending on occurrences around me or on the glowing screen.

Also the one complaint I would have about Aiii's review is not enough focus on Mongo.

strobogo

Banned
I also often listen to music/podcasts with the show audio very low, take breaks when I need them, and sometimes browse other things while watching the show. Especially the WCW stuff when I could have it in its own small window always on top. Not quite as easy for Network stuff. And occasionally I'll just abandon ship when the show sucks so much or is boring me too much for me to pay attention.

Worst part of the PG Era: Mickie wearing pants instead of skirts.

Considering you do 30 gifs for a 6 minute match, it might take you 3 days.

i'll try to keep it at 4 gifs maximum per bout, maybe as low as 3. i dunno.

it depends you know, i might share the abridged version here and the full version on Legit Shook.

i mean, a 16 minute match between Muto and Takada? i'm getting at least 10 gifs from that.

strobogo

Banned
i'll try to keep it at 4 gifs maximum per bout, maybe as low as 3. i dunno.

it depends you know, i might share the abridged version here and the full version on Legit Shook.

i mean, a 16 minute match between Muto and Takada? i'm getting at least 10 gifs from that.

That's were you go wrong. Pick and choose what really needs to be giffed. Does two guys staring at each other really need to be giffed? Does a move that is done in every match really need to be giffed? Big spots, particularly hard shots or bumps, or good reaction shots are all you need.

From the newest edition of the Observer -

"In order, the people the company projects to be its five biggest stars going forward after WrestleMania are, Cena, Bryan, Orton, Sheamus, and Reigns. The Sheamus one surprises me a little, although HHH has been high on him for some time, and he was at one point being groomed as the No. 2 guy behind Cena. He never reached that level. The long delay in Orton's heel turn came because they were waiting for Sheamus with a bigger push to be more over than Orton with a lesser push on the Smackdown tour house shows. Eventually Punk turned instead and then Sheamus fell backwards and then got hurt. Also surprising is Batista is not on the list. This is a projection based on where they expect people to be several months down the line as opposed to where they are today and obviously when they get there things will have changed many times, but this is an internal list that was just made."

That's were you go wrong. Pick and choose what really needs to be giffed. Does two guys staring at each other really need to be giffed? Does a move that is done in every match really need to be giffed? Big spots, particularly hard shots or bumps, or good reaction shots are all you need.

i do them to fit the play-by-play style commentary that i use. the gifs essentially tell the story of the match and the text fills up the rest.

the "two guys staring at each other" gifs is to present the fighters, same way the announcer calls their names in the ring.

also, nevermind that event. some kind soul uploaded the best NJPW card of all time, UWFI VS NJPW BATTLE FORMATION 96. gonna do that instead.

strobogo

Banned
I get it, but we wouldn't want to shit up Bionic Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm's browser.

ibaqwHPrjGmSh5.gif

man, this:

Code:
Tag Team Match
Koji Kanemoto & Shinjiro Otani vs. Tokimitsu Ishizawa & Yuji Nagata

Eight Man Tag Team Match
Heisei Ishingun (Akira Nogami, Kuniaki Kobayashi, Shiro Koshinaka & Tatsutoshi Goto) vs. Osamu Nishimura, Riki Choshu, Satoshi Kojima & Takashi Iizuka

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match
Jushin Thunder Liger (c) vs. The Great Sasuke

Singles Match
Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Randy Savage

Singles Match
Lex Luger vs. Masahiro Chono

Six Man Tag Team Match
Power Warrior & The Road Warriors (Animal Warrior & Hawk Warrior) vs. Scott Norton & The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner)

Singles Match
Jinsei Shinzaki vs. The Great Muta

Singles Match
Genichiro Tenryu vs. Tatsumi Fujinami

IWGP Heavyweight Title Match
Nobuhiko Takada (c) vs. Shinya Hashimoto

or this:

Code:
Tag Team Match
Hiromitsu Kanehara & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Tokimitsu Ishizawa & Yuji Nagata

Singles Match
Kenichi Yamamoto vs. Shinjiro Otani

Singles Match
Takashi Iizuka vs. Yoshihiro Takayama

Singles Match
Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Naoki Sano

Singles Match
Riki Choshu vs. Yoji Anjo

Singles Match
Kensuke Sasaki vs. Masahito Kakihara

Singles Match
Shinya Hashimoto vs. Tatsuo Nakano

IWGP Heavyweight Title Match
Keiji Muto (c) vs. Nobuhiko Takada

honestly, while the first card got huge star power the only match that fits the blog is the main event. i'll probably review the second card and just the main event of the first in a different occasion.

From the newest edition of the Observer -

"In order, the people the company projects to be its five biggest stars going forward after WrestleMania are, Cena, Bryan, Orton, Sheamus, and Reigns. The Sheamus one surprises me a little, although HHH has been high on him for some time, and he was at one point being groomed as the No. 2 guy behind Cena. He never reached that level. The long delay in Orton's heel turn came because they were waiting for Sheamus with a bigger push to be more over than Orton with a lesser push on the Smackdown tour house shows. Eventually Punk turned instead and then Sheamus fell backwards and then got hurt. Also surprising is Batista is not on the list. This is a projection based on where they expect people to be several months down the line as opposed to where they are today and obviously when they get there things will have changed many times, but this is an internal list that was just made."
Not buying that for a second. They can push Orton all they want but he will never be a star or important. Reigns can't work even though he is the only member of the shield to pay their dues. Sheamus needs a manager, not the Andre the Giant Trophy he is about to win, brother. Daniel Bryan doesn't even have a brawlin' buddy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh heck yes somebody uploaded this again

Super babyface Macho Man vs Heelmaster general Andre This is an awesome match. It's real underrated even considering the great talents involved. Probably the best match of beat up Andre's career because Savage does everything to struggle for power, and Andre does everything to bring him crashing down while making Macho look great several times.

Hasney

Not buying that for a second. They can push Orton all they want but he will never be a star or important. Reigns can't work even though he is the only member of the shield to pay their dues. Sheamus needs a manager, not the Andre the Giant Trophy he is about to win, brother. Daniel Bryan doesn't even have a brawlin' buddy.

How about a gimmick where Sheamus wins the trophy and it becomes his manager? At first, he just talks to it himself but eventually it gets the voice of Andre and starts cutting promos? Can you smell the ratings?

Aiii

So not worth it
You just know that one of these weeks Cena is going to come out and destroy every bit of kayfabe on Bray Wyatt that he did with Del Rio.

Luckily Bray's backstory covers the existence of Husky Harris perfectly, so he can remedy that afterwards. But still, you know it'll happen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You just know that one of these weeks Cena is going to come out and destroy every bit of kayfabe on Bray Wyatt that he did with Del Rio.

Luckily Bray's backstory covers the existence of Husky Harris perfectly, so he can remedy that afterwards. But still, you know it'll happen.

I already said weeks ago that I guarantee you Cena will call him a husky guy.

Browny

Banned
Morning, WrassleGAF, what's happening....

Thank you, WWE, for allowing me to be able to watch sweaty men in tights rolling on the ground while I wash my balls.

I'm not going to lie, when I read this, I laughed so much a little bit of wee came out.

I was on the loo at the time

Aiii

So not worth it
Random fave five time!

FAVE FIVE TV COMEDIES (CURRENTLY RUNNING):
5. Awkward.
4. Moone Boy
3. Pramface
2. Community
1. Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Hasney

Random fave five time!

FAVE FIVE TV COMEDIES (CURRENTLY RUNNING):
5. Awkward.
4. Moone Boy
3. Pramface
2. Community
1. Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Out of those, I've only seen Community. But seeing as I love that show so much and you rate it number 2, I may have to Czech some of these out.

Although there is a distinct lack of Archer. HMMMMMMMM.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I stopped watching tv comedies after Tim and Eric ended because Eric Andre is fucking terrible and Steve Brule gets old when it's an entire show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom