• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, the following NJPW stars are now CONFIRMED to be appearing at the May 10th and 17th ROH shows:

Okada
Tanahashi
Nakamura

Holy shit @ the big boys all being there. This would be the equivalent of Hogan, Savage, and Andre going to Japan in the 90s.

jmdajr

The shirt is not that bad. I prefer a simple comic over affliction style text any day.

No doubt there has been worse

10-the-Rock.jpg

Who in the WWE actually has a decent looking shirt? I'm probably not looking hard enough but most of them seem to be either the Affliction/skull shirts or the cartoony Cena and Kofi Kingston shirts with not much in-between.

jmdajr

Who in the WWE actually has a decent looking shirt? I'm probably not looking hard enough but most of them seem to be either the Affliction/skull shirts or the cartoony Cena and Kofi Kingston shirts with not much in-between.

Most shirts won't have a subtle design. I mean you're a walking promotion.
But sure, good artwork/design/logos etc are few and far between in my opinion.

jred2k

I can't believe the contrast in design for the hoodies and fleece jackets vs. the t-shirts. It must cost a lot more to print on those because they don't have the horrendously overdone front and back prints. They usually just have a small logo on the breast, and if there is a design on the back it doesn't scream "WRESTLING TSHIRT!!!".

Kaladin

Btw, the following NJPW stars are now CONFIRMED to be appearing at the May 10th and 17th ROH shows:

Okada
Tanahashi
Nakamura

Holy shit @ the big boys all being there. This would be the equivalent of Hogan, Savage, and Andre going to Japan in the 90s.

I really hope I can get a ticket......I can actually get there now if I could.

Alucard

Banned
Things to look forward to on Impact tonight:

-Bully Ray likely being confronted by Bobby Roode. Hopefully, Dixie's talk time will be limited here.
-MVP responding to things
-Samoa Joe pissed at Abyss (likely building to Joe vs. Abyss at Sacrifice, and then maybe Joe winning BFG
-Gunner vs. Storm fallout...although this feud is likely over?

Things I'd LIKE to see:
-Manik or Tigre Uno in a match
-Kenny King
-Sanada defending the X title
-Austin Aries
-The Wolves and/or Bad Influence

jred2k

You don't actually walk around with a shrit that says "Love Bites" and has a little spider on it, do you? I mean, buying a shirt is a good way to show support for someone you like, but wearing that thing is a whole 'nother ballgame.

I got Iron Sheik, Ultimate Warrior, DBrine and Paige shirts. All wearable outside of Walmart. They are so schway. Hope Paige is in action tonight on NXT.

You can't count diva shirts lol! Looking at their website, she's the only diva that has a shirt besides Kaitlyn, I thought maybe the Bella Twins would at least have one.

Punk's shirts are/were fine, I even liked that yellow one he had when he was with Heyman.

This shirt's pretty cool.

W06868.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
You don't actually walk around with a shrit that says "Love Bites" and has a little spider on it, do you? I mean, buying a shirt is a good way to show support for someone you like, but wearing that thing is a whole 'nother ballgame.

What this has to do with the discussion of good vs. bad shirts, I don't know. That is a good shirt.

Aiii

So not worth it
You can't count diva shirts lol! Looking at their website, she's the only diva that has a shirt besides Kaitlyn, I thought maybe the Bella Twins would at least have one.

Natalya has one, as does Paige.

And I don't see why that disqualifies AJ even if it was the only Divas shirt. Is she not a wrestler?

-The Wolves and/or Bad Influence

No Bad Influence, according to Daniels;

FxoVxLy.png

His contract is supposedly up at the end of April - his is one of the last 'big' contracts left from when TNA was giving out silly money, so perhaps they won't be bringing him back. Kaz tweeted that they'll be wrestling at WrestleCon in New Orleans on Mania weekend, which suggests they won't be under TNA contracts by then.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

His contract is supposedly up at the end of April - his is one of the last 'big' contracts left from when TNA was giving out silly money, so perhaps they won't be bringing him back. Kaz tweeted that they'll be wrestling at WrestleCon in New Orleans on Mania weekend, which suggests they won't be under TNA contracts by then.

Good to see them heading elsewhere. Awesome dudes. Great entertainers. However, they were entertaining more on TV than in the ring, but just barely. I hope they find their way on TV soon elsewhere!

Mickie and Rosita teamed up and my dick can't take it

ftfy

Aiii

So not worth it

Now all they need to fire is Double A, Roode and Storm and suddenly Double J's new promotion is looking pretty good.

Hasney

FxoVxLy.png

Goddamn. They were the last entertaining thing left in TNA for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I get confused and upset when people call Aries Double A. The only Double A is:
uWFLqfC.jpg

Natalya has one, as does Paige.

And I don't see why that disqualifies AJ even if it was the only Divas shirt. Is she not a wrestler?
Yup, you're right, I see the Paige one along with a BO-LIEVE shirt in the NXT section, I was just looking in the diva section. I didn't count the AJ shirt because I'm a sexist pig, she's probably a better wrestler than most of the roster.

They have a Papa Shango shirt in the Alumni section which looks pretty damn cool.

Aiii

So not worth it
I wouldn't consider a shirt I don't want to wear in public "good".

Could that be because the design is aimed at women, and not at men, perhaps?

Yup, you're right, I see the Paige one along with a BO-LIEVE shirt in the NXT section, I was just looking in the diva section. I didn't count the AJ shirt because I'm a sexist pig, she's probably a better wrestler than most of the roster.

They have a Papa Shango shirt in the Alumni section which looks pretty damn cool.

Unrelated. What did pigs ever do to get such a bad rep?

Showaddy

Looking forward to the long awaited debut of
Jason Alberts
tonight. Also Sami Callihan had his TV debut cut last week so it might be on tonight's NXT,
or it might not...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know what venue this is? It looks unique with that glass and whatnot, just wondered if anyone knew:
Sq4lZOQ.jpg

DiscoJon

Banned
Seinfeld? That crap wasn't funny nearly 20 yeara ago. But then again I wouldn't expect a guy masquerading as Vinnie-Mac to be current with anything post 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom