• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
why watch tv when i can just watch red letter media

tumblr_n2ckuzBCjW1sg99p0o1_500.jpg

Kevin Nash PLUS Surge?
tumblr_inline_mv1szbzglL1s8lfj9.gif

Sblargh

Banned
I wanna know what do the Wyatts gain by winning.

They get to be feared monsters, like the Undertaker. The entity that just kinds of exists to create chaos despiste belts, busisness, face of the company, or whatnot.

They are already halfway there, interrupting important matches like the EC just because. Feuding with Cena just because.

It is good to have crazy irrational villains who both seem dangerous and random. In particular in a medium known for its predictability.

Random fave five time!

FAVE FIVE TV COMEDIES (CURRENTLY RUNNING):
5. Awkward.
4. Moone Boy
3. Pramface
2. Community
1. Brooklyn Nine-Nine

4. South Park
3. Archer
2. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
1. Louie

Don't have a 5th....don't care much for most comedies. Eh....I guess Family Guy still makes me laugh on occasion.

I caught Eric Andre on TV one night randomly and I gotta look up more eps because it was great

I like Archer a lot too but i've only seen the first and a half season. i don't really keep up with TV, though. i just wait for full seasons to finish and then i catch up before the next one. i do that with Parks & Rec, gonna finish Brooklyn 99 that way, and i may do it with Community. i hear it's good again.

Hasney

I caught Eric Andre on TV one night randomly and I gotta look up more eps because it was great

I like Archer a lot too but i've only seen the first and a half season. i don't really keep up with TV, though. i just wait for full seasons to finish and then i catch up before the next one. i do that with Parks & Rec, and i may do it with Community. i hear it's good again.

I got recommended to watch Archer so I started on Netflix and got through the first 3 seasons in a couple of days.

The newest season is pretty great, but not as good for me. But it's been picked up for 2 more seasons, so I'm stupidly happy.

Huge stupid, tragic event happened tonight outside the Mohawk (the venue that hosts Anarchy Championship Wrestling) here in Austin.

Guy gets pulled over at a gas station for a DWI check by the police and decides to make a run for it. Starts speeding in excess of 60 MPH the wrong way on a one-way street, breaks through a barricade closing off the street for the crowd going to see shows for the SXSW Music Festival, and starts running people down. 2 confirmed dead on the scene, 5 in critical condition in the hospital, over 20 with other injuries. Murderer eventually hit a taxi and a van, and then tried to flee on foot when he was tasered and arrested.

The whole street was just strewn with bodies. Pretty shocking, and particularly eerie considering it all happened right at the spot where you'd see me and a bunch of my friends lining up for shows on a Sunday.

Kaladin

I know I'm way behind on the review now, and it will get done but you know when you meet someone and it's new and everything is feeling good.....like real good? For someone who was resigned to being single for a long time and was happy with that, this is a welcome surprise.

This isn't even a congrats on the sex post, because it's not even like that...we're taking things slow, and enjoying each other. Actually, this is the first relationship I have had that didn't start with sex....so yeah.

I'll get back to Mania 6 sometime soon....ish. The undercard for this show is brutal for the most part though.

So it's surprisingly difficult to find an all black baseball bat on Amazon.

And most of the product reviews are about how good they are for beating the shit out of people.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Huge stupid, tragic event happened tonight outside the Mohawk (the venue that hosts Anarchy Championship Wrestling) here in Austin.

Guy gets pulled over at a gas station for a DWI check by the police and decides to make a run for it. Starts speeding in excess of 60 MPH the wrong way on a one-way street, breaks through a barricade closing off the street for the crowd going to see shows for the SXSW Music Festival, and starts running people down. 2 confirmed dead on the scene, 5 in critical condition in the hospital, over 20 with other injuries. Murderer eventually hit a taxi and a van, and then tried to flee on foot when he was tasered and arrested.

The whole street was just strewn with bodies. Pretty shocking, and particularly eerie considering it all happened right at the spot where you'd see me and a bunch of my friends lining up for shows on a Sunday.
Jesus. That's horrible.

Sblargh

Banned
Whatever that was the plan or not, if/when Daniel Bryan finally gets the belt at WM, it will be fun to rewatch stuff since Summerslam just to see this one big story unfolding.

Alucard

Banned
Burt Reynolds is his avatar, not his screen name.

Alucard is the glue that holds TNAGaf together.

Stop trying to cause dissension and join us.

Thanks, Bean.

T-minute 12.5 hours until Impact! Get ready for action! Get ready for a Bully Ray/Bobby Roode feud! Get ready for...TIGRE UNO?!

So many good things going on in TNA right now, brothers.

Kaladin

I now want a Cena / Sin Cara tag team.....seriously, why hasn't Cena been in a good tag team since being a mega babyface? All of his tag teams have been forced. It doesn't have to be the mega powers, just team him with someone he can work comedy with. Someone who can work a lot of the matches and give Cena the hot tag for the win. Cena might even be more popular for a change.

So many good things going on in TNA right now, brothers.

Samoa_Pooh.gif

I now want a Cena / Sin Cara tag team.....seriously, why hasn't Cena been in a good tag team since being a mega babyface? All of his tag teams have been forced. It doesn't have to be the mega powers, just team him with someone he can work comedy with. Someone who can work a lot of the matches and give Cena the hot tag for the win. Cena might even be more popular for a change.

They did that with Evan Bourne a few years back, didn't lead anywhere, of course - would be nice to see Cena team up with some young up and comer to go after the tag titles.

Sephzilla

You just know that one of these weeks Cena is going to come out and destroy every bit of kayfabe on Bray Wyatt that he did with Del Rio.

Luckily Bray's backstory covers the existence of Husky Harris perfectly, so he can remedy that afterwards. But still, you know it'll happen.

I already said weeks ago that I guarantee you Cena will call him a husky guy.

Maybe the only reason I'd want to see Cena feud with Taker is because Cena would try that shit with Taker, and Takers one of the only guys who has enough backstage sway to call Cena out on that and tell him to knock that shit off.

So do I.

Authority figures are no good unless they're willing to be made to look like buffoons every so often, something Vince understood, but I'm not sure if H's does.

Sephzilla

His awful voice is part of the reason why he was so awesome. He was that slimy heel authority figure that actually felt genuinely slimy.

I never thought his voice made him slimy.

It just made me unconsciously try to clear my throat every 5 seconds when he spoke. Someone needs to give him a cereal bowl full of cough drops or something.

Bandini

Random fave five time!

FAVE FIVE TV COMEDIES (CURRENTLY RUNNING):
5. Awkward.
4. Moone Boy
3. Pramface
2. Community
1. Brooklyn Nine-Nine

5.) Brooklyn Nine-Nine
4.) Louie
3.) Community
2.) Parks and Rec
1.) Bob's Burgers

I'd throw Curb Your Enthusiasm in there, but who knows when Larry David is going to get around to making another season.

Alucard

Banned
So according to Jericho, all talent approves their T-shirts.

That means D.Bry must have been ok with this...

t-shirt-catch-daniel-bryan-wwe-goat-face.jpg

Yeah, I heard that episode too. If that's true then D-Bry needs better style sense. The current "Yes" shirt is a step in the right direction. I wouldn't be ashamed to wear it in public.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five comedy TV shows? I don't watch trash so here you go:

5. Seinfeld
4. Seinfeld
3. Seinfeld
2. Seinfeld
1. Seinfeld

Honorable mention to S1 of Eastbound and Down

So do I.

Authority figures are no good unless they're willing to be made to look like buffoons every so often, something Vince understood, but I'm not sure if H's does.

Yes, and that's part of the reason why the Bryan angle in the ring on RAW got hot. Stephanie and HHH shrieking about all the YES-Men in the ring was gold. But, I don't think HHH wants to let himself look terrible on TV.

I really do miss Johnny Ace.

Kaladin

Yeah, I heard that episode too. If that's true then D-Bry needs better style sense. The current "Yes" shirt is a step in the right direction. I wouldn't be ashamed to wear it in public.

He was probably told it would be a great shirt for kids. I'd imagine in addition to being shown the shirts, they're given the reasoning behind them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom